#1 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNear Dallas, TX

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

Originally posted at http://www.reddit.co...other_elo_post/

At the risk of getting replies like: "Haha your team carries you", and since no one who really knows me knows that is true, a few suggestions for ELO in open games:

• Separate group ELO from Solo ELO. There's only so much I can do if I request my team come with me land, and they all decide to do something else. People who can follow directions shouldn't be in queue with people who are in trial mechs on purpose.

• Have a pool of people with a slight match delay, so instead of just trying to match average ELO's, have everyone who queues in added to the pool until there's enough people to make 4-5 games, then start with the highest player's ELO and alternate downwards until the team is full. This way higher ELO players aren't matched up with lower ELO players nearly as often. There might be more of a discrepancy among the average per match, but I believe with the introduction of comms and the general understanding of overall game mechanics, this will provide a much better scenario for all involved.

Thanks!

Edit 1: Have pools every 2.5 to 5 minutes, a long enough time that you can weight match some as well. Also, incentivize with bonuses those classes that you need more of.

Edit 2: Also, per chassis would be awesome as well.

Edited by Gut, 10 March 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

wait times wont help. it will however drive players away. the idea of "group ELO" is also a bad one, one group is not the same as another group ....... its even more meaningless than normal ELO

#3 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

1. Wait times won't help. It sure as )(*& will. New players will be playing new players, not veterans.

2. In general group ELO *IS* useless, but at it's current state it directly effects solo queue ELO, which is my whole point. They need to be separated.

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

The MM could take into account the Elo and the Mech/equipment used. That's what Ghost Recon: Phantoms started doing, and it greatly improved the MM there. I went from having a lot of ROFLstomp matches against roughly equal Elo players, but where one team had a tech advantage (read all Atlases versus a bunch of Vindicators) to having teams that were roughly equal in all ways. Matches are much more competitive now.

#5 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

Some good thoughts, night.

#6 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

But I like farming lrm boats for damage D:

#7 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

To PGI, who always say Elo MM is working well as seen in their metrics apparently, it works good for like 90% of the playerbase 90% of the time. Which is probably all they want and expect from it.

And yeah group Elo is and would be silly, the point I think of separating them would be simply so that solo Elo isn't borked as well.

Edited by Ghogiel, 31 March 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#8 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

Having ELO account for mech and tech is a good idea.

#9 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

Single ELO does not work and we should get rid of it. MWO population yet is to small to allow different league levels. But the current approach to balance champions league (1st league) players by putting district league (7th league) players into their team to drag them down is terrible. I creates frustration to both, the 1st league players get annoyed by their "braindead" teammates and the 7th league players do not understand why they get ripped appart by the 1-2 1st league players without doing significant damage.

I do not even start to talk about group ELO as it is even more terrible and destroys the ability of experienced players to teach new players into the game; while at the same time also exponentiating the problems of single ELO mentioned above.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

Definitely something with elo.....

My KnightFandragon acct, it never gets the winning side, as soon as i get within like 4 games of going 50/50, its just loss after loss, after loss....im back to like 8 or 9 in the hole now...ive been within 2 many times, but just as soon, elo just goes, nope, you lose....

Meanwhile, on my alt CptGier acct, it is currently sitting at 24/12, with I think a 1.5KDR, it seems to get on the winning side....so what is up with that? One acct is always on the losing side, one acct seems to be on the winning side alot more....

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 01 April 2015 - 03:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users