Make Your Prefered Mech Your Own Special Hero Mech

28 replies to this topic

Poll: Upgrading your favourite Mech to "Hero" status (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Should it be an option?

1. Definetly, 30% more C-bill income for some invested MC (40 votes [59.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.70%

2. Only upgrade to "Champion" status (3 votes [4.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

3. no way. only the "real" Hero-Mechs should gain this bonus (7 votes [10.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.45%

4. upgrading yes, but with a new status and less than a 30% income bonus (17 votes [25.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

Shortly i had a nice ingame conversation with a guy in his Atlas D-DC and an awesome Phranken Camo. He said that's still his favourite mech and if he could he would spend some money so that the 30% c-bill boost would be added. I liked this idea pretty much. So, how about this option?
Prices should differ between the weight classes. I was thinking of 750MC for lights, 1250MC for medium, 1750MC for heavies and 2250MC for assaults.
Another idea would be to give your mech a completely different status, with maybe an income bonus of only 20%, so that only the real heroes have the full bonus.

Discuss

Edited by MadMaxMKII, 12 March 2015 - 11:46 PM.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

I would buy this.

#3 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

+1 I'd pay to have my favourite chassis make more cbills.

#4 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

Yes yes and more yes, but many people here, and PGI apparently, believe that the CBILL bonus is exclusive to a mech's "being heroic."

#5 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

What made the mech "heroic" in the first place? Most variants selected for champion status are NOT champion material. Just look at what variants are popular and, most importantly, WHY they are popular. I guess when it was new, that early version accomplished something astounding and turned the tide of some important battle. Think of how the invention of the tank massively influenced WW1 and how those same designs were incredibly obsolete just 2 decades later. I can't take the PNT mech seriously calling it a "Panther," I always say "Panzer" in my head.

So on that note, I can see how the current selected variants are "special," but with some MC, the champion status could be moved to the player's choice. You've acknowledged that variant was special and gave it respect, but the boost needs to go to what's actually useful.

So yes, this has my vote. Now where's that "Vote" button... (hint: make this a poll!)

Edited by destroika, 12 March 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#6 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

View Postdestroika, on 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

So yes, this has my vote. Now where's that "Vote" button... (hint: make this a poll!)

done

#7 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostBurktross, on 12 March 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Yes yes and more yes, but many people here, and PGI apparently, believe that the CBILL bonus is exclusive to a mech's "being heroic."

Hey now, any mech can be heroic if given the right pilot ;)

#8 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 12 March 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

True, (with premium time) while giving ECM cover and dealing 800+ damage in a 40-ton CDA-3M, 320k c-bills feels boosted, even though it's a regular variant. 30% more would be 407k c-bills...

#9 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 12 March 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

What was that quote from the Btech novels....

A bold mechwarrior is one who can survive his own stupidity. A Heroic mechwarrior, is a bold mechwarrior who rescues other bold mechwarriors from even greater stupidity.

Can't recall who said it, though... I wanna say Natasha Kerensky, or maybe one of the Kells...

I like the idea... but I don't at the same time... I dunno... I'm inclined to say 'yes, but at a lower %' but... I'll have to ponder it a bit more...

I think I'd be happier with an MC costing module, that gave, say, 15-20% boost. Then I could use it on my favorite mechs, (which almost all already give me 30% boosts for various reasons :P)

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 12 March 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#10 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

There are easily 5 to 10 mechs I would want to upgrade. Thanks for posting this.

#11 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

I would expand this to include being able to make ur fave variant a champion as well. It could also be cheaper to upgrade to %15 versus %30.

#12 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:54 AM

Simply A Mech-Cellent! Idea.

I would relish the opportunity of upgrading my Founders Atlas to the same C-Bill Bonus my Boars Head currently enjoys.

In fact Gold Tier Level Founders should have this by default. The quiet humble people that believed in the MWO IP and invested their hard earned dollar.

Best forum idea in a long time.

5 stars.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 13 March 2015 - 12:54 AM.

#13 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

Great idea even if it wasnt a hero mech but was a "veteran mech" or "journeyman mech" or something similar to "hero" or "champion". Maybe +20% instead of +30%.

Great idea anyway, or at least some variation there of. Maybe this could only be done if the load out was locked or something interesting like that.

Maybe the name would be locked and would show in game. That would be cool, like the current hero mechs do now.

Edited by Johnny Z, 13 March 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#14 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostDar1ng One, on 13 March 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

Simply A Mech-Cellent! Idea.

I would relish the opportunity of upgrading my Founders Atlas to the same C-Bill Bonus my Boars Head currently enjoys.

In fact Gold Tier Level Founders should have this by default. The quiet humble people that believed in the MWO IP and invested their hard earned dollar.

Best forum idea in a long time.

5 stars.

It does :P They fixed that back when the Loyalty mechs came out.. Founder's mechs now give a 30% cbill boost.

#15 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:21 AM

I like this!

#16 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:35 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 13 March 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

It does :P They fixed that back when the Loyalty mechs came out.. Founder's mechs now give a 30% cbill boost.

Mech-Cellent! if thats the case, I thought it was just an XP boost. Thanks for the info. I did not know. Any others. So the Jenner(F) Hunchback(F) Catapult(F) and Atlas(F). (C) mechs as indicated definitely get the same as (H) mechs?

Are you sure?

Posted Image

#17 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostDar1ng One, on 13 March 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

Mech-Cellent! if thats the case, I thought it was just an XP boost. Thanks for the info. I did not know. Any others. So the Jenner(F) Hunchback(F) Catapult(F) and Atlas(F). (C) mechs as indicated definitely get the same as (H) mechs?

Are you sure?

Quite sure.

As an additional thanks to all Founders, the C-bill bonus on all original Founders Mechs will be permanently raised from 25% to 30% starting September 17th.

Cited from here: http://mwomercs.com/...iation-program/

There's no XP boost on the Founder's mechs, it's Cbills. Always wondered why they have 'C's, when they are not champion mechs... Perhaps it stands for Custom or something... But they are identical to Hero' s mechs.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 13 March 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#18 Jdude1

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

View Postdestroika, on 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

What made the mech "heroic" in the first place?

Generally it's the lousiest variant

#19 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

Like the idea, but I think the prices would need to be -very- reasonable. Like 500/750/1000/1250. Would like it to include a "hero" name that shows for the mech when you target it.

#20 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:14 AM

Every Million EXP in a Mech, by default, should grant 1% Cbill bonus to a max of 30%; simple, done.

If it reaches 30% it gets a Advanced Pilot indicator; maybe an (A) next to the type name.

Edited by Aphoticus, 30 April 2015 - 06:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users