146 replies to this topic

#141 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 01 April 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

The dots need to mean something should be pinned to every PGI employee's workstation and written on their front door

If everyone is supposed to be mercs and the dots don't really mean anything and the biggest benefit comes from switching factions, than factions are irrelevant, winning is irrelevant save for rewards in a given match -

which means you may as well be playing pug/group queue.

The game needs to be focused on being a House unit. Even if just for X day contracts.

Owning those dots needs to mean big things or there's no motivation to drop, no motivation to GIT GUD, no motivation to win and help your team win. It's just drop in a match, do damage, get kills, collect cbills, move on.

We already have that.

WHY you should play CW should have been the first mother ******* thing that got hammered out. 'Cuz I can drop a comp 12man against pugs' isn't an answer, it's a reason to slap someones mother for failing to raise a worthwhile human being.

This is an aspect of CW that PGI needs to fix before they manage to teach everyone to hate Community Warfare. The current system is, literally, designed to make players not care about who wins or loses. The only way to design something that works worse would be to have the game uninstall itself while playing NSYNC music videos every time you win a CW match.

#142 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 April 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

The only way to design something that works worse would be to have the game uninstall itself while playing NSYNC music videos every time you win a CW match.

Hey now, why the NSYNC hate?

#143 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 01 April 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Hey now, why the NSYNC hate?

He mad because all the Davion planets are goin' BYE BYE BYE.

#144 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

ooooh, burn!

#145 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 01 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

ooooh, burn!

Is it really a burn, or is his extensive knowledge of N'Sync really just a cry for help? :P

#146 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostDavers, on 03 April 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Is it really a burn, or is his extensive knowledge of N'Sync really just a cry for help? :P

Posted Image

NSYNC is so bad they get mocked by Backstreet Boys fans.

#147 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 April 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Spoiler

WHY you should play CW should have been the first mother ******* thing that got hammered out. 'Cuz I can drop a comp 12man against pugs' isn't an answer, it's a reason to slap someones mother for failing to raise a worthwhile human being.

This is an aspect of CW that PGI needs to fix before they manage to teach everyone to hate Community Warfare. The current system is, literally, designed to make players not care about who wins or loses. The only way to design something that works worse would be to have the game uninstall itself while playing NSYNC music videos every time you win a CW match.

I dissagree.

PGI is right to be careful with it's Title (MWO.)

IMO "World Valuation" is extraneous to Community Warfare - I have gamed to a total of 1.7m Loyalty Points across my families three "paid" MWO Accounts. And all but 200,000 of those 1.7m Loyalty Points has been as a member of high-performing Units (JGx and 6RNT/6REX.) So I am deeply familiar with all-things-CW.

Thus NO, "world-valuation" was right and properly NOT high on PGI's BETA list of "MUST HAVEs" for Community Warfare Phase 2.

The simple fact is "world-valuation" would be/is IMPOSSIBLE for PGI to back-pedal from.

If PGI had put ANY value on worlds EARLY in BETA (and they didn't) there would a a Great Hue and Cry in these same forums over an subsequent PGI devaluation of those original individual, Unit and Factional benefits.

By starting at ZERO "world-valuation" for the first four months of BETA, PGI has now positioned itself to better craft a true (READ non-game breaking) set-of-benfits for each world... hopefully differentiated by Lore.

By "non-game breaking" benefits the treat the Soloist with NO Unit not to such a great disadvantage compared to TODAY's TCAF gamer, who's Unit currently has TAGs on 69-worlds (https://mrbcleague.com/cw/index.html#) that is many more than their next closed competitor -MS- who has TAGs on 43-worlds.

I understand what you mean when you say you want a TANGIBLE benefit that evokes a VISCERAL sense of achievement, (well.... That is what I am hoping PGI is working toward!)

My idea has two parts:

FIRST: What I have recommended in other threads is free DECAL "Battle Streamers" per world as well DECAL "Unit Comemdations"as for multiples of FIVE worlds. There are spaces for... what? - three DECALs per Mech? A Unit is tracked within game by its Membershp. When a unit captures a world, it's membership gets a STANDARD FACTION COLORED DECAL with the planets name emblazoned on it in Bright colors. Eventually a Unit like TCAF old build up 69 or more of these DECALS.

In similar Fashion, as a Unit puts a TAG on its FIFTH world, the current Unit membership receives a Unit Colored (thus the Unit Screen will need to be adjusted so a Unit CDR can input his Unit's Colors.) This Commendation would look like a standard Army Ribbon (http://i.imgur.com/1wnGMld.jpg) but carefully put the Unit 4-Letter Code and a Roman Symbol for the Number of worlds captured to date.

Obviously as gamers leave Units, they would retain what they earned while there but no longer receive any DECALS.

SECOND: On Day ZERO of CW, everyone (in a Unit OR Solo) should BEGIN CW-gaming with a 5.0% DISCOUNT toward purchases of THEIR Faction's Mechs.

Taking a Day ZERO contract with ANY Faction adds another 2.5% DISCOUNT toward purchases of their Faction's Mechs.

Thus on Day ZERO anyone with a contract has a baseline 7.5% DISCOUNT toward purchases of their Faction's Mechs.

As COmmunity Warfare kicks off and a Unit proceeds to win worlds, for each world taken members of that Unit gain 0.1% of ADDITIONAL Bonus. This maxes out at 25-worlds thus a full (and Capped!) 2.5% ADVANTAGE for the Unit. As a unit losses TAGs, its advantage degrades back to (but NOT below) zero-%. Thus a Unit which has TAGs on 25-worlds (in a Faction which has lost ZERO worlds to rival Factions) would be MAXED OUT at a 10% DISCOUNT toward purchase of their Faction's Mechs.

Factional-performance should have a similar effect as well - as a FACTION losses a world, UNITS under TEMPCON or PERMCON to that Faction see their 7.5% degrade down to (but NOT below) 5% - NEVER below 5% regardless of how many worlds a given Faction may lose.

Given ALL the above - a Unit with 25-worlds TAG'ed (in a Faction that has lost ZERO worlds) has a baseline 10% (the beginning 7.5% plus it's Unit-derived (0.1%x25-worlds=) 2.5% for a total of 10%) DISCOUNT on Mech Purchases.

If this Unit decides to move to an under-performing Faction that ONLY impact would be a loss of the FACTIONAL 2.5%, commensurate with 0.1% for each world that faction has lost. If the Faction the Unit moves to has lost more than 25-worlds, the U it will have a 7.5% DISCOUNT regardless of any further increase in Unit TAG'ed worlds - UNTIL the Faction climbed from a net of 25-worlds-lost to 24-worlds-lost, at that time a 0.1% DISCOUNT will be added back to ALL members of that Faction.

I am sure a #MathMensa could explain all that MUCH MUCH better and simpler, but is is as good as it gets with me trying to get these points across.

BENEFITS:

1). VESTED INTEREST IN CW PARTICIPATION - On day ZERO, EVERYONE in CW gets a 7.5% DISCOUNT (as long as they have chosen a CW Faction) toward purchasing (C-bill OR MC) Mechs from their Faction. THIS alone will likely boost CW-participation as it gives EVERYONE a vested interest in parking their account in a Faction with access to the Mechs they want to acquire at some point. AND as a Faction begins to have a "Net Loss" of worlds, the loss of % from 7.5% down to 5% will be a forcing function to a degree to motivate an effected Faction player base to get active once again in CW to assist in regaining at least a Factional Net of ZERO and reestablish their 7.5% DISCOUNT.

2). EXCELLENT PUBLIC RELATIONS FOR CW - With EVERYONE in CW gaining either a 5%, 10% or somewhere in between DISCOUNT, Community Warfare will ALWAYS be a source of BENEFICIAL EFFECT for ANY gamer who at least chooses a Faction.

3). PGI MONETIZATION - The whole suggested mechanism is based on discounted C-bill and MC PURCHASES!!!!!!!!! For goodness sakes... even half of the resulting MC sales that I predict this mechanism would encourage from gamers, PGI should see revenue streams sufficent to fund new content (digital artist salaries sufficent for DECALS, Factional Level-15 and Level-20 Patterns; new CW and Public Queue Maps; developer salaries for new modes and new features for existing modes) IMO. As I stated above monetization is the #Lifeblood of Game Development, working here in Beta to encourage and source new means of and sources of monetization opportunities will see PGI remain solvent for 2, 4, 6-years to come... and we ALL have a vested interest in assisting PGI in succeeding with MWO where Roadhouse/BlueLizardGames FAILED with MechWarrior:Tactics.

4). SOLOs ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN UNITS - the highest DISCOUNT a Solo-gamer would ever acheive is 7.5% (5% baseline, in a Faction with a "Net World" status of ZERO or greater. However, as PGI has pointed out CW is a TEAM-based mode of MWO, gamers will be encouraged to join high-performing Units to assist their new Unit in realizing (and MAINTAINING) a maxed 10% DISCOUNT.

And to be clear, while I started working this post for this thread, I have already submitted this Features Suggestion in the "Features Suggestion" Section of the MWO Forums at: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4343647

Please append any mechanism-specific comments/constructive criticisms to that thread if you could.

For this thread, please allow me to restate that ANY world-TAG benefits MUST be so BENEVOLENTLY-tailored as to NOT break the game. In my opinion TCAF is just warming up. TCAF performance on behalf of House LIAO in this next phase of BETA will be even greater than it has been in this now-concluding phase of BETA. World-Benefits MUST be crafted with the FACT I mind that one or more Units will in due course of the game gain upwards of 50 to 100 worlds - we should NOT advocate for benefits-per-world so POWERFUL that our game BREAKS.

As ever, I will try to respond in a timely manner to any comment, question, concern or constructive criticism.

Good luck and GOOD HUNTING!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users