Stupid Question - Website Flow

9 replies to this topic

#1 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

Guys and gals, I know the Lucky Charms event is still going, but they removed the link from the front page so ....how in the hell do I find it now? (I had to Google the dang thing just now to get to the page)

Further, when is this website going to get revamped? I love PGI and I love MWO but this site is terrible. Terrible to traverse and make sense of or even find the dang current Tournament page.

Also, why isn't there a page listing each map in high-def? Each chassis with awesome backgrounds, schematics, cool virtual swag etc?

I think the new community manager has her work cut out for her bless her heart. Is there a website redesign fund I can throw money at? Because I will!

Edit: term corrections

Edited by uebersoldat, 23 March 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

Same place it's always found? Tournament page.

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Go to the previous tab if you want an old one.

#3 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 March 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

So is there a link I'm missing? I understand I can type that in but I'd like to know where the link is for future Tournaments rather than rely on the flyby buttons on the front page or googling or manually typing the URL.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

TBH, there is a lot of missing content on the website... just explaining "the modes" or even your own stat usages for modules... or even all of the Resistance Pack mechs... there's too many lingering things that haven't gotten updated for a while.

#5 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

This here helps organizing, and offers a link to the tournament page:
http://madstats.cu.c...e.php?page_id=2

#6 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

View Postuebersoldat, on 23 March 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Guys and gals, I know the Lucky Charms event is still going, but they removed the link from the front page so ....how in the hell do I find it now? (I had to Google the dang thing just now to get to the page)

Further, when is this website going to get revamped? I love PGI and I love MWO but this site is terrible. Terrible to traverse and make sense of or even find the dang current Tournament page.

Also, why isn't there a page listing each map in high-def? Each chassis with awesome backgrounds, schematics, cool virtual swag etc?

I think the new community manager has her work cut out for her bless her heart. Is there a website redesign fund I can throw money at? Because I will!

Edit: term corrections

This website had something like 130 superfluous subforums at one point and they banned the general discussion forum for awhile. MWOmercs has never been a particular well designed or well managed thing.

#7 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 March 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

I have this page bookmarked and on my links tab (always visible). I use it as my MWO entry page. They just change it for each new challenge

#8 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

Quite frankly PGI this is silly. As someone who loves your game, can you get your site in better order? I can't imagine how web programming would take away from game development so that shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by uebersoldat, 23 March 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#9 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Yes, we need more in depth stuff about the clans, more lore so new players can get into the MechWarrior world. I love the blizzard websites for that, they are full of details about the classes and their history, that brings you more into the game...

#10 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

So, update. I now see a button for Tournaments on the right side of the main page. Thank you PGI! This helps a ton!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users