26 replies to this topic

#21 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostBroodlapin, on 28 March 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Quick update on my situation, I've found a teamspeak with active players for davion, my win rating went up to 5% form 75% i would say. I'm actually having fun now.

I'm VERY glad to hear that. It really sucks when I have so much damn fun with this game to see others quit without giving it a good shot.

And I'm not at all surprised that happened.

Thanks for taking suggestions, homie. You the real MVP.

#22 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostBroodlapin, on 28 March 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Quick update on my situation, I've found a teamspeak with active players for davion, my win rating went up to 5% form 75% i would say. I'm actually having fun now.

True story, glad to hear you joined in the larger adventure, and make sure you let other pugs know as often as possible so the matches improve for everyone.

#23 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

How many whine threads about losing are we going to see before we stop giving them any attention?

#24 Broodlapin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 29 March 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

How many whine threads about losing are we going to see before we stop giving them any attention?

>whining
hum no it's fact. puggin' is a horrible
experience for CW.

View Postsycocys, on 29 March 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

True story, glad to hear you joined in the larger adventure, and make sure you let other pugs know as often as possible so the matches improve for everyone.

I shall

#25 Cyborg Perfect

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

@OP now that you're having fun, perhaps you should consider making a new post advising other solo droppers in your previous situation and locking/deleting this one. currently on the MWO front page under topic is the thread "I hate this game mode"...

Edited by Cyborg Perfect, 29 March 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#26 Thunder Hawk Xi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

test

#27 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 29 March 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'll probably continue replying to every "whine" thread at least once with what I feel is helpful advice.

Yeah, it probably won't be heeded, or even read since I tend to write a lot at once. But I'll still do it.

@broodlapin

I'm forced to disagree with you now. PUG in CW can be just fine. Since I play at weird hours, its what I mostly do!

The only times that its been horrific PUG-stomp by organized units is when I'm dropping in defense of a Steiner/Kuritan world. In order to PUG CW effectively, you must learn how to. Part of this is learning how to determine the odds of any given planet including 12-mans or other large groups. It isn't so hard to tell!

If you drop in "common defense" of a world that isn't yours, things are very likely to go badly. 12 people, ALL soloing, from different houses. Not a good recipe for success. If you're doing this, you really do need a group, or amazing luck.

If you see the enemy's numbers on a planet jump by large increments, there is likely a large group there.

You just gotta put some thought into the thing so you end up with PUG v PUG matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users