#81 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

View Postjjyn, on 23 July 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Us loyalists wouldnt have anything too worry about if the mercs were not going and winning the clanners more planets then we have too take them back. Are you mercs stupid or something the point is too beat the clanners not go win for them planets and then come here and complain we cant hold them, which is why we keep losing them and is the problem with CW. PGI needs too get rid of mercs and make it IS vs Clanner, then we would see what is what.

Wolf wants to win more than FRR does and it shows on the map. Their rhetoric is completely opposite from what we deal with from FRR leaders. They are also willing to pay merc units to fight for them rather then hold butthurt grudges because they lost real bad once. Last time we asked the FRR hub if they wanted hired help they told us we were not welcome on their TS server. Maybe its for the better because i'd rather not have fake space vikings yolo'ing everything we do while in the FRR.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 23 July 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#82 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 23 July 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

Wolf wants to win more than FRR does and it shows on the map. Their rhetoric is completely opposite from what we deal with from FRR leaders. They are also willing to pay merc units to fight for them rather then hold butthurt grudges because they lost real bad once. Last time we asked the FRR hub if they wanted hired help they told us we were not welcome on their TS server. Maybe its for the better because i'd rather not have fake space vikings yolo'ing everything we do while in the FRR.

LOL butt-hurt? I don't know of any butt-hurt FRR loyalists. I just know a bunch of people who hate playing with people who are such downers with the "WIN! WIN! WIN LRMS SUCK! YOU NOOBS! THATS NOT HOW YOU GOOSESTEP!" chants.

I also know a few people how are offended when a merc unit comes to the hub and says, "PAY US OR WE WILL GO TO ANOTHER FACTION AND TAKE ALL YOUR PLANETS!" (can you really blame someone for getting offended when they are being quasi-blackmailed?) BTW, that actually happened.

The truly funny part is how butt-hurt some get when we say "Take our planets? So? Whats your point?" Then some come to the forums, when we don't worship them like golden gods, and write how they don't understand why loyalists don't appreciate the services they offer..

Look, you play your game, we'll play ours. If you don't like how we play I am sure you can find some loyalists who are willing to play the game your way. We just want to have fun in a manner we deem as being fair and enjoyable. As an aside, if Pay-To-Win with mechs and equipment is a little unfair, then isn't Pay-To-Win with merc units equally unfair? (Yes. I know its part of the game. However, individuals can choose the extent of how moral they are going to be and many in the FRR have made the choice to suffer the consequences of taking the moral high-ground in lost planets and taken territory and not pay blackmail money... And we are taking the moral high-ground. We will either do it ourselves or not and if the merc units choose to be petty and punish the FRR for our view of honour -- so be it.)

EDIT....

I speak for myself and some other like minded individuals -- my views in no way represent the views of the Althing or other FRR units.

Edited by nehebkau, 23 July 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#83 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

Easy guys, easy...

I feel compelled to tell a story along these lines from last week: CSB/Not so CSB ahead. Skip over this post if not interested.

Got in a pug drop with FRR last week and found 2 other -MS- people in the group who had already dropped with most members of the team once or twice. The rest of the group was a mix of -SO-, 1st Hussars, 1COG, and some other non-unit affiliated pugs. They had grouped up in game to form a group of 9-ish or so. One of the -MS- guys was calling the drop. We attacked Taiga, found a group of pugs and won easily using a traditional -MS- attack plan.

Next drop, most everyone stuck around, but the -MS- DC had to take off and I took over at the group's request. As luck would have it, we attacked Taiga again and drew another pug opponent so I said we'd basically repeat the exercise. One of the guys asked me to explain in more detail the reasons for doing what we were doing in the drop beyond "go here, shoot that, stay together". So I got pretty verbose about why we opened the gate we did, why we left the other one closed, the decision point once inside the gate to move left or right based on the enemy's deployment, why we wanted to move to a particular spot and hold it for a bit, how to move up through the buildings in a way that prevented us from separating and getting isolated, why it's important to get the turrets when the opportunity presents itself, and so on.

The other -MS- person in the drop made the point that calling the drop is actually a small part of the success. It only works if the team trusts the caller and also has the ability to do what's being asked. It's not so much that there's only one right way to win, but more that using this particular attack plan did not lend itself to things like LRM's or long range sniping. Taiga is a brawly map and needs brawly mechs and tactics to do well, especially on attack, and especially the way we were doing it (i.e. move to the middle and hold the buildings between the gates).

In the end we won with an even more lopsided score than in the first match. The reason we did so well was because the team as a whole was able to perform in alignment with the attack strategy. There wasn't (as best I recall) any sense of "MUST ATTACK THIS WAY TO WIN, YOU NOOBS!!!" dynamic going on, just more of, "now that we've decided to attack using this plan, this is what needs to happen to make this successful". It was a truly cooperative effort and everything gelled just right.

This wan't the only way to attack Taiga, but it's a way -MS- has had consistent success with and one that's pretty easy to replicate with groups that haven't played together consistently. I got the impression everyone in the group was ok with it (at least I didn't hear any dissent), and I had no problem explaining the reasoning behind the various calls I was making. Don't know for sure if it helped anyone on the team with future matches, but I hope it did.

Pretty sure I was drinking and eating bacon while all of this was going on. Anyway, good times in the FRR. Hope to come back soon.

Edited by Khereg, 24 July 2015 - 07:48 AM.

#84 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 23 July 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

You should be more worried about holding planets and not throwing matches and less wound up over what you are getting for being a loyalist(which last I checked was +50% LP). Not much left in the FRR right now to be a "loyalist" of.

1. We are not really worried about holding planets. Come on. We are the FRR. We are smack dab in the middle of 4 Clan invasion corridors and sandwiched between two houses who hate each other. We have had no planets and we have had ~30 or more. It is not a big deal to us because we can get fights from pretty much every Clan and a house or two if we wanted.

2. A few months ago you jaguars were down to 1 planet bc you were beaten down by the Draconis Combine and others. There you did not make gains until recently and the implementation of the new Clan OmniMechs. So you're calling the kettle black there.

3. The people who are loyalist FRR are the ones who WANT to be there for either lore purposes, fighting the Clans, liking the underdogs, like the community or what have you. If we wanted to be mercenary we would but we did not. That does not mean we don't ***** about the slashed LP. It does not make any sense? Why would you NOT reward your LOYAL units with more LOYALTY POINTS? Strange.

4. (This goes out to everyone) You have an empire of planets. Some have dozens and others hundreds. If you showed Steiner a snapshot of the faction map now a month or two ago, they would **** their pants. Another example is when the FRR exploded in the middle of the Clan OZ and cut the Wolves, Bears, and Jaguars OZ's in half.

5. As with relations to mercenaries and other units in general, the FRR does not have a problem with them as a until they give us a reason to. (Besides the whole mercenary thing, that's their nature.) Normally we do not care but if we start to have problems the majority of us are responsible adults who can have a dialogue and solve problems. The immature 15 year old that just spawn camped your DZ whilst telling you that he ****** your mother is definitively the minority in the FRR. I also expect that if you see that ****, and they belong to a unit, let us know so we can un-**** that.

#85 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 23 July 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Merc: "Lets win"
FRR Loyalist: "And?"
Merc: "We win CW!"
FRR Loyalist: "Do you win beer for winning CW?"
Merc: "we can"
FRR Loyalist: "Do you get Bacon for winning CW?"
Merc: "we can"
FRR Loyalist: "So what do you get for Winning CW?"
Merc: "we get to say we won while also drinking beer and eating bacon!"
FRR Loyalist: "Sounds like that's important to you so, congratulations, I guess. So what do you do next?"
Merc: "We join another faction and take all the planets back!"
FRR Loyalist: "Why?"
Merc: "So we can win large amounts of cbills and buy whatever we want while drinking beer and eating bacon!"
FRR Loyalist: "Wouldn't you rather take up drinking?"
Merc: "..."
FRR Loyalist: "Never mind."

C Wat I did thar?

That sounds like a fun game. Just mix up the factions. Its like a BattleTech mad lib.

#86 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostAlec Braca, on 24 July 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

2. A few months ago you jaguars were down to 1 planet...

I don't think he advertises it much, but Kin3ticX is a member of -MS-. I think he's been in SJ for all of 3 days, ever.

#87 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:19 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 23 July 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

LOL butt-hurt? I don't know of any butt-hurt FRR loyalists. I just know a bunch of people who hate playing with people who are such downers with the "WIN! WIN! WIN LRMS SUCK! YOU NOOBS! THATS NOT HOW YOU GOOSESTEP!" chants.

I also know a few people how are offended when a merc unit comes to the hub and says, "PAY US OR WE WILL GO TO ANOTHER FACTION AND TAKE ALL YOUR PLANETS!" (can you really blame someone for getting offended when they are being quasi-blackmailed?) BTW, that actually happened.

The truly funny part is how butt-hurt some get when we say "Take our planets? So? Whats your point?" Then some come to the forums, when we don't worship them like golden gods, and write how they don't understand why loyalists don't appreciate the services they offer..

Look, you play your game, we'll play ours. If you don't like how we play I am sure you can find some loyalists who are willing to play the game your way. We just want to have fun in a manner we deem as being fair and enjoyable. As an aside, if Pay-To-Win with mechs and equipment is a little unfair, then isn't Pay-To-Win with merc units equally unfair? (Yes. I know its part of the game. However, individuals can choose the extent of how moral they are going to be and many in the FRR have made the choice to suffer the consequences of taking the moral high-ground in lost planets and taken territory and not pay blackmail money... And we are taking the moral high-ground. We will either do it ourselves or not and if the merc units choose to be petty and punish the FRR for our view of honour -- so be it.)

EDIT....

I speak for myself and some other like minded individuals -- my views in no way represent the views of the Althing or other FRR units.

Diplomacy is a factor made by the game. We, the players, have the ability to, and do so, making it part of the game. If there is an argument or distaste between factions or units, there is a reason, whether it is a good reason or not varies wildly from person to person though. Let me paint you a picture of how I saw it.

You have a meeting, your friends are together and you have a group of "enemies" (just factions you fight on the regular). If someone announces something to the group which loosely translates to "Accept this, do this, if not, **** you, and depending on how butt hurt we get if any, determine if we are going to permanently take this to heart and try and crush your willingness to play OR no harm no foul, life goes on." Some people are into RPing and lore but most listened to the conversation, took it in, digested it, conversed among themselves, and voted using current and prior knowledge and implementing risk factors. There were definitive advantages to the dialogue though. It was a tough vote so don't look at us as if we are devil incarnate.

View PostKhereg, on 24 July 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

I don't think he advertises it much, but Kin3ticX is a member of -MS-. I think he's been in SJ for all of 3 days, ever.

Oh jeez I'm sorry. Well that is different then. As I was.

them to "then"

Edited by Alec Braca, 24 July 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#88 Jebe457

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

I've been with the FRR for about a month so I'm not familiar with the history, but I was dropping when [-MS-] was doing so recently. When I was on during that period the FRR was tending to operate a pair of 12 mans, with non-TS 12 man being run by anihilator associated with [NS].

My understanding is MercStar decided of their own initiative to take a short contract with the FRR, and intended to return to Clan service in time for the Artic Cheetah and Shadow Cat release. Something I can understand, as those look like nice chassi. Associated with this my understanding is that official FRR policy towards MercStar's recent stay in our borders is one of neutrality.

I fail to see what purpose there would have been to pay MercStar. You were just passing through and doing your own thing, and weren't interested in joining our TS rooms to coordinate when a couple of your guys dropped with our 12 mans.

Edited by Jebe457, 24 July 2015 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users