Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Youtube Archive Availalbe Now

316 replies to this topic

#41 UwasaWaya

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

Sadly got skipped last time, but what is the word on color blind options? It's been over a year now since we were told it was being added. Will we be seeing it soon?

#42 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

1. There was discussion long ago about reworking the pilot skill tree. Has there been progress?

2. What's the long term schedule on CW/Standard maps?

3. How's the progress on alternative CW modes coming along? i.e. 4v4, 8v8, etc.

4. The state of jump jets on heavies and assaults is bad. Very bad. Is this on the radar to be addressed?

5. Any update on ballistic hit-reg? Dual AC/20 crabs are still missing their shots at point blank range, and ballistic in general feel like they are connecting less.

6. Any update on adding depth to CW? Additional benefits from getting unit tags on planets, benefits from your faction holding more of the map, using unit coffers for... something (I do have an idea about units 'buying' fully customizible mechs for CW use only, similar to champions, but accessible to all members of the unit via the drop deck selection), etc.?

7. Has there been any further thought as to the pace of CW ceasefires? Three 8 hour windows seems to work for the player peaks, but the map turnover can be quite rapid.which takes away from the epic feeling of a fight for a planet.

8. There was a suggestion of buying bare chassis (totally stripped) mechs at a discount. Many of us are carrying warehouses of spare mech parts and would love to buy these, as I need another standard 140 engine like I need a hole in my head, but I want more locusts. This would help new players get into new and different chassis faster, but they'd save c-bills by being able to swap parts around until they can afford the loadout they wanted.

9. An improved UI was mentioned previously. Do you have tentative dates for internal/public testing? And because of the history with UI 2.0, are you ready and willing to take it back to the proverbial drawing board if the community gives it the thumbs down during the testing phase?

#43 RaKa

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

• Can you reveal to us what your plans are for MASC?
  • Will there be any more Mech packages after Wave 3?
  • What are the future plans for MWO? In one year ... 2 years ... etc etc.
  • UI 3.0? Will the mechlab have improvements? If so, what?
  • You've discussed 4v4 for CW, if so what is your opinion on bringing back 8v8 for smaller maps?
  • Will there ever be another public test, like you did for Wave 1 of the Clans?
  • (For Paul if applicable) Flamers are practically nonexistent in usage, what is your plan to at least make a pilot consider taking it onto their mech?
  • How far will the timeline for MWO reach into, and given that, will we see new mechs / new weaponry?
  • What ever happened to making C-UAC's and C-LBX's one weapon with interchangeable functionality? Any status update?

#44 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 13 April 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

9. An improved UI was mentioned previously. Do you have tentative dates for internal/public testing? And because of the history with UI 2.0, are you ready and willing to take it back to the proverbial drawing board if the community gives it the thumbs down during the testing phase?

Russ has mentioned that the new Mechlab is in internal testing right now.

#45 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Russ,

Are you considering adding a "Stock Mech" option *only* to private lobbies, or are you also considering adding a new stock mech game mode to the public queue?

#46 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostOrbit Rain, on 13 April 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Russ,

Are you considering adding a "Stock Mech" option *only* to private lobbies, or are you also considering adding a new stock mech game mode to the public queue?

He mentioned on Twitter that they're not planning it for the public. Splits the queue too much.

#47 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

MASC Specifics please...or at least...the best summation you can give of the concept. (Similar to JJs, i.e. like a fuel of X quantity type mechanic, or more like a consumable you use and wait to recharge...? Set time frame it works, or chance to do leg damage with longer uses? Etc.)

Edited by Gyrok, 13 April 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#48 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

Russ, you had mentioned before that the playerbase isn't very large and this game already separates the active players into many different battle queues. Now that the looking for group feature is enabled, have you considered having up to a full lance of a premade group join regular PUG queues so that overall it would result in shorter wait times. Of course, you would have to balance out both teams with 2 similar sized premade groups so that one group doesn't have a distinct advantage over the other. In the instances of an experienced player wanting to group with someone new to the game, having them being able to stay in normal PUG queue would actually help the new player enjoy the game more vice facing harder competition. Many groups in Group queues bring their "A" game as well as mastered mechs whereas PUG queues are usually full of new players or players testing out different builds or players leveling new mechs.

#49 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

This is more of a comment / recommendation rather than a specific question ...

I want to know:
- what your priorities have been for the past few months, and how do you think things have gone?
- what your priorities are for the next few months,
- - what you see as the things that are most exciting (Solaris VII?, Lance-level participation in CW?, Unit Logistics / Strategy?)?
- - what you are most anxious / concerned about (stale gameplay, balance issues, new player experience, U.I.2++)?
- what is the bright shiny object on the horizon ... the "next big thing" that you're ultimately shooting for (steam release, marketing refresh, anniversary tournament, MWO-CON)?

Thanks for two and a half years of good gaming with a community that desperately wants the game to be great (even if we are on an island sometimes).

Oh, and here's a question for you ... how many of us (numbers would be preferred over percentages) chose the Island over the 500 ??

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 13 April 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#50 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

Decals! What is the status?? Clan ER PPC, can we see a little love for it and reducing or removing the splash damage??

#51 A Dragon Armed With A Long Tom

• Pip
  • The Bullneck
  • The Bullneck
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThat Locust shooting you from behind

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

Dear Russ

i have multibe questions, so answer wich ever one you guys want.

1. reacently the jaggermech got an update to its geometry (aka the puny guns), since this the community has been a little disapointed about them saying there too small and the jaggermech is not the same anymore, i was just wondering will there ever be a redo or go back to the original.

2. about CW, is there plans to ever create a new game mode(s), E.G. one where deffenders have to protect a dropship loading up on supplies and such, or one that can be faught at the "home planets" of each house/clan where the palace or whatever have to be defended from an attacking force.

3. has there been any thoughts/plans on adding more weapons variants, e.g. Rotary AC's, HAG Rifles, Heavy/Snub-nose PPCs or entirley new weapons for instance artillery weapons (Long Tom, Thumper, sniper and Arrow IV), MRMs (10 - 40) and others.

4. will we ever get to see mech collisions get imporved, e.g. knock-downs, running/scrapping into/against buildings causing damage or falling over.

5. will small pieces of terrain (e.g. cars, trees lamp posts, basically all the terrain that dowsn't have a collision box) be able to be destroyed.

6. will inverse kinematics ever return,

7. this question is about the geometry of the mechs. when the last few mechs get their geometry pass (e.g. the stalker, dragon, awesome and cicada), will the geometry be changed on ppc barrles, as i remeber the catapult used to have larger ppc barrlels but where changesd to smaller ones later in it's geometry pass. will the smae things happen on the awesome and cicada as the huge ppc barrles look awesome (see what i did there) and that the smaller ones would look awful on the awsome and cicada.

8. will the catapult ever get a fix where the extra launchers are removed or improved, e.g. if i was to put and SRM2 on the arm of a catapult, if i was to add another SRM2, or even an LRM 10 it would put the extra missiles on a rack below the main missile launcher

that is all, thank you Russ for your time answering these questions, i wich you and the rest of the Dev team the best of luck fot the future

~Ender

Edited by enderassassin, 14 April 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#52 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

10. There was a certain sound mod that was put out into the community. It was not sanctioned by PGI, and while technically a bannable offense, this shows a great desire from the community to make mods for the game, to the point they would post it on the official forums and risk a ban on a long-standing account. Many prominent players offered to help grow this mod once it was proven to work in game. I feel it would be better if PGI opened up the tools to do this openly instead of trying to keep a lid on it as the community digs through the game code and potentially finds a way to create harmful exploits. Would PGI consider officially allowing or even providing an interface for users to modify sounds be considered, as sounds would not truly give the player an advantage during play?

Edited by Big Tin Man, 13 April 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#53 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

same as always: so about that hermes II?

#54 BladeSplint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

When will we see map bans implemented? In addition to improving play experience by letting players choose the maps they want to play on, it will give PGI data on which maps need improvement. (Talking about standard queue, CW maps are all fine).

Edited by BladeSplint, 13 April 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#55 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

Russ, what sort of new gear are y'all planning on including for the rest of the year? The majority of the 3025/3050 mechs are now in game or about to be in game, so are we going to start cranking out the Inner Sphere mechs that were meant to battle the clanners?
Also, will there be a Solaris type arena for the merc groups willing to brawl against one another? Prehaps not Solaris, but Galatea as a more grungy type of arena?

Will there ever be a legitimate IS vs Clan match up? Let me explain, single heat sinks for the Inner Sphere mechs, vs stock Clan mechs on a battlefield? IS to clan 2:1 ratio with penalties for clanners that combine fire on one target?

Will there be a Comstar package, where the "Battle of Tukkyyid" will occur exclusively with those mechs?
I.E. Star League Designs, Crab, Champion, Black Knight, Thug, Hussar? Perhaps the Exterminator?
http://www.sarna.net...yal_BattleMechs

Will there ever be faction specific competitions. Only Kurita battlemechs involved, or just House Liao tourneys? I know you have done sales, but a que that only allows battlemechs that are from that faction to fight.

#56 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostSmoked, on 13 April 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Russ, you had mentioned before that the playerbase isn't very large and this game already separates the active players into many different battle queues. Now that the looking for group feature is enabled, have you considered having up to a full lance of a premade group join regular PUG queues so that overall it would result in shorter wait times. Of course, you would have to balance out both teams with 2 similar sized premade groups so that one group doesn't have a distinct advantage over the other. In the instances of an experienced player wanting to group with someone new to the game, having them being able to stay in normal PUG queue would actually help the new player enjoy the game more vice facing harder competition. Many groups in Group queues bring their "A" game as well as mastered mechs whereas PUG queues are usually full of new players or players testing out different builds or players leveling new mechs.

Your suggestion is exactly what we had in 2013 and it failed utterly. This is why we now have a solo-only queue that is solo-only.

#57 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

Any plans to fix generator rushing in Community Warfare?

#58 Aeromaxout

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

Will we ever get non-arena style CW maps? Say, get maps with playable space larger then Alpine Peeks. Maybe have different objectives than a surface to orbit turret.

--------------------------------------------------------

Will we ever see customizable HUDs? (colors/layout/target indicators/etc.)

#59 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Will MWO ever have support@mwomercs.com available 24 hours a day 7 days a week? After recently having an issue where I was only able to communicate with support@mwomercs.com once or twice per day (and at one point not getting a reply for over 24 hours) it took 8 DAYS (admittedly because of a holiday weekend) to resolve an issue that could and should have been resolved in at most a day or two, very frustrating.

#60 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Still interested to hear what the server data backup and recovery policy is. Is there data redundancy via cloud and onsite/offsite physical backups? How frequently is data backed up?

Edited by jay35, 13 April 2015 - 04:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users