Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Youtube Archive Availalbe Now

316 replies to this topic

#81 ArmyOfWon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

Can we get voice chat available in lobby/group/lfg? It's quite irritating when 11 people are ready and waiting on a single person in the MechLab that only gets a flashing icon in the bottom right hand corner that could mean one of a hundred different things.

At the very least could a audible PING/ dialogue box pop up and say "Hey! We're all waiting on you!"

#82 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

QUESTION:

Can we ever see a height boost to jumpjets and to get rid of hoverjets?

You can keep the fall damage as it is, just give mechs a lot more jump force like in other games. Fall damage in itself is balancing enough to fix the problem.

Let my people JUMP!

Edited by Skyrider1746, 13 April 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#83 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

Sir: I think it would do the community a world of good if we had an in-game benchmark. :mellow:

I admit I don't know what goes into making one, or if it's good policy to have it generate user.cfg strings, and/ or advice on hardware upgrades ("replace your RAM with DDR3-2133",) but something to help explain to all the FNGs where their bottlenecks are, and maybe get adopted by a video card review site would be a boon …

-_-

Also: ECM + PUGs = train-wreak gameplay <_<

#84 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Any chance of looking at how the game would work with fixed distance convergence (which was used on WWII planes and used to plenty of success in simulators) compared to what we have in the game right now?

Still is a topic of discussion and debate among the forums (and I am still a No Cone Of Fire guy.)

Also: Any chance of turning the spread shape of the LBX series of autocannons from a Cone to a Cylinder so that the distance between the two farthest pellets is the same no matter what the range to the target is? This would have the increased range on LBX mean something as currently with the cone shaped spread you are lucky to have a single pellet hit the target at the listed optimum range.

Edited by SuckyJack, 13 April 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#85 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostimBingo, on 13 April 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Any thoughts on a weapon balance pass? I'm of the opinion that many of the weapons in the game need to be tuned up to see any use competitively, and I'd really like to see more weapons useable to increase build diversity.

PPC's are too hot, too slow, and the projectile is too big and catches on geometry like no ones business.

AC's in general could use a tune up, but I'd point at the AC2 and AC10 in particular. The AC10 needs to be faster, could maybe use some more range and lower cooldown as well. The AC2 needs a lower cooldown and less heat, it should be a clear lead in dps/tonnage to make up for the low low alpha.

IS SRM's are twice the weight of clan SRM's and more critical slots, and the clan launchers don't even have any kind of drawback like higher heat or higher cooldown. To make up for that kind of disparity, every IS missile mech would need huginn-level quirks.

I'd also like to add that missile slots feel very stale. LRM's are useless against anyone with a clue, and as I pointed out above IS SRM's are underwhelming. I know we're not due for it for a few years in the timeline but have you given any thought to adding in MRM's? It'd really shake up what you could do with missile hardpoint-heavy mechs.

Like I said I really want more weapons to be better to shake up the meta a little and make for more mech diversity.

One issue with faster-firing Ac10s would be mechs that can carry multiple of them. A faster-firing AC10 would really help a mech that can only carry one of them, but it could be OP in a mech with 2-3 of them. I think this is why they went with quirks on mechs like the HBK-4H to help it have a decent RoF with the AC10 but not imbalance the weapon across the board.

#86 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

QUESTION:

Can we see a buff to normal Clan auto-cannons, like single shot instead of burst fire to balance it with LB-X, and UAC's?

#87 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Basically LFG questions but also belonging to CW:

When can we reckon with a title bar for LFG where players - independent of group or solo - can add information what they are searching for?

When will the LFG tool be fixed in terms of group merges? "private" groupleaders shouldnt have to give up leadership when a public group is merged.

Can we get faction rewards, even when we lose a match? It literally means we have sacrificed our mechs for the certain faction, that should actually mean something.

What can we expect in terms of evading spawncamping (e.g. spawnpoints beeing protected by hills)?

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 14 April 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#88 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Question 1: Netcode and HSR improvements allowed mechs like the Locust and Commando to break the old hitreg speedbarrier. Any news on what kph the game can handle nowadays? Is it anywhere near good enough to handle the Firemoth yet? (178kph w/Speed Tweak, 237kph w/MASC)

Question 2: Do we have any idea on when MWO plans to hit Steam? The community unanimously agrees that the UI and new player experience are simply not ready for a Steam launch and we're worried that launching the game in its current state will have a strong negative impact on its future.

Edited by Tarogato, 13 April 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#89 TheLouie

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

I'm in love with Flamers, or the idea of flamers at least. Are there any plans to re-work them into a viable weapon? Personally I think removing heat from the user would be a great change.

Also are there any plans to
1)add in a lance only channel to VOIP?
2)add VOIP into lobbies?
I know these aren't as important to big organized groups but it would mean the world to all of us pickup game players.

#90 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

QUESTION:

Thoughts to give the Clan ERPPC love? removing the splash and giving it 15 pinpoint would save many under preforming clan mechs

#91 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

Do you plan on doing anything with community warfare for solo and small group players(the vast majority of the player base) or are you just going to keep catering to large groups at the expense of the rest of the community?

#92 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

QUESTION:

When will collisions be reimplemented? Also when they do come can we see Death From Above?

#93 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

When is MWO going to evolve into something more than just team death match? After 3+ years of the same game play elements, it would be nice to see a lot more new ideas rather than rehashing old hat ideas. As someone who has played the game and spent a significant amount of money hoping it will succeed, it is hard to see it still in such a stagnant state.

#94 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

Will there be any thing to spice up the solo queues for us pugs such as daily missions, where we get an objective to work towards across a variety of drops for a nice payout. Essentially like a weekend event but something that can be done in an evening.

This could be like:
- Deal 5000 damage using LRMs.
- Pop 20 legs.
- Kill 10 assault mechs.
- Capture 15 points in conquest mode.
- Destroy 50 components.
- Win 6 matches in a light mech.

#95 ItchyTriggerFingers

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hiya!

Just wondering when some of the original 'mechs will be getting an astetic pass? Ie, the Cicada and the Awesome? They still have weapon geometry even if that weapon isn't installed :)

#96 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

Just three basic questions.

1. The TDR-5SS with the 25% energy range quirk plus the ERLL range mod at level 5 gives the ERLL a range of 911m. That means that they should reach out to a max of 1922m. So why are the ERLL ranges capped at 1500m?

2. Why do owners of urban mechs need to use valuable GXP or Mech XP unlocking Twist X when the mech has a 360 degree torso twist to begin with?

3. Is anything being discussed or implemented to entice larger units to stick with one faction instead of switching once a week for mech bays and lower tier faction rewards?

Thanks

Edited by RjBass3, 13 April 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#97 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

I know it's been a bit since it was brought up, but I'm curious as to the status of two thigs; MASC implementation and the itty bitty mech that has been slated for release at some point that uses said equipment, the Flea.

#98 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

As this is the final week of the Clan Reinforcement variants being in the gift store, I have to say this here.

I've done some accounting math on the C-bill/MC costs of the Clan Reinforcement variants, and apparently the c-bill cost of the Dire Wolf S variant is short by 456,000 C-bills - which is the cost of the hard-locked Class I jump jets on the Dire Wolf S omnipods.

My questions related to this are:

1. Is this a database accounting error similar to what happened last year with the Summoner and Nova where a couple pieces of equipment were simply not factored into the price when they should have been?

2. If it is not an error, does the development team intend or want to have a new system in place to handle the price of locked equipment on omnipods? (Such as adding the price of the locked equipment to the specific omnipod it affects and accounting for any locked CT equipment in a different manner)

If the situation is neither of these, then the Timber Wolf S and Kit Fox S are now both overpriced by the cost of their hard-locked jump jets and this situation should be fixed.

#99 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Will update with questions when I have a chance

EDIT NOTE * Is anyone else wondering what mech that is in the picture?

Questions.

1) Do you have solid plans for more varied game types, especially in CW where role warfare and strategic offense/defense is more rewarding then merely killing the other team?

2) Do you intend to try and release as many pre-3050 mechs before advancing the timeline or will you focus on getting the fan favorites in then releasing what's left at later dates?

2b) Also are you going to try and stick to the rule of only releasing mechs with 3 variants or has the Enforcer and Shadowcat opened the door for mechs with only 1 or 2 variants to be released?

3) What is the progress on improving the new player experience both in the UI, mechlab and in-game?

4) Is there any plans to try and reduce the effectiveness of stacking LRM5s compared to using LRM10/15/20. Similarly are other lesser used weapon systems being looked at such as PPCs (breaks my heart that the Awesome/Zeus tend to not bring PPCs) or gauss/ac boats in efforts to make more diverse weapon loadouts as viable as boating?

5) What solid plans are there to incentive someone to stick with a faction other then titles/gxp/cbills, such as Faction-restricted mechs/variants/camos (even if they're only restricted in CW) to reduce the merc hopping effect?

6) What lessons have been learned in regards to feedback on how events are scored. What do you feel does/doesn't work and what has been the community feedback?

7) Have re-implementing a form of knock/push back to help alleviate problems for mech congestion (especially for fights on Terra where 1 person can hold up the entire team when trying to push into the volcano or a light stopping an assault dead in its tracks) .

8) Any plans to implement weather/hazards to try and promote varied tactics on maps (such as the volcano in terra randomly erupting/emp discharges on tourm or mining that disrupts radar and targeting similar to ecm/giant bug attacks on bog?)

Edited by Brimbooze, 15 April 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#100 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

Didn't take time to read through all of them as i wanted to get my question out there.

Main Question-
ECM - Any thoughts about separating ECM into 2 difference devices one being individual and one being group oriented with the group one being twice as heavy? Would provide an investment into being a support vs being a scout/stealth mech. More of a tactical decision for group support vs everyone having free protection AND firepower (looking at you hellbringer).

Secondary Question-
Collisions - Any update on the order/timeline for collisions to be worked on. Very important to include in new player experience/tutorial.

Tertiary Question-
30 Heat Scale/faster cooling - I didn't like this at first but the idea has grown on me. Would prevent super high alphas, slow down time to kill and would be the answer to a lot of the meta mechs (example Timberwolf 2 large pulse, 4 ER mediums could not all be fired at once, would have to alternate weapon fire). Mixed builds would improve gameplay.

Edited by Sable, 13 April 2015 - 06:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users