#1 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

SO, I attended the New Star League meeting last Friday. It was hosted on the NGNG Teamspeak server. Shimmering Sword was the moderator for this meeting. One of things that we decided on was that after each map reset: alliances and ceasefires would need to be renegotiated. The representative from the Marik High Command agreed with this. The Davion High command was also in agreement with this. Part of their agrement was that the population in CW wasn't high enough to justify shutting down 1 border when Liao was the only house that had less then 3 Borders. Another thing to point out is the fact that its like a board game: after a while you have to restart at the beginning. That means that everything should reset, not just the map. At this time PGI hasn't stated whether or not the Planet History would be retained or if the Planet history would be wiped. I suggest tuning into the Town Hall being hosted on the NGNG Twitch channel for more game information.

This isn't stating that I speak for all of you, but you have just as much opportunity to show up to public meetings as the rest of us. I just happened to be there, not you.

#2 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:33 AM

Part of the problem is that CW is straight up a numbers game. The low population of CW means that we almost HAVE TO shut down one of our borders. There is absolutely no way that we could fight a 2 front war. We have ghost drop superiority in TCAF's wheelhouse, and that's it. The other two windows, we're screwed if we have to fight Davion and keep Marik off our back door, especially considering that the capital is like 2 worlds from the Marik border.

#3 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

Why is it so easy to read the Davion's cards? They are as bad at politics as they are at mechs.

Clan Davion Plan:

Step 1: oh hai FWL. sori w wer bik bulyz lsat tiem lt'z b frendz, k?
Step 2: yea, now w cna fniail sned our 4 gud plyrz tu fcuz on teh Laoz!
Step 3: we ar sitl bad at diz gam. we sahl wiat untl nxet rset!

Davion language translation provided by: daviontranslator.com

An FWL-CC alliance makes sense any way you slice it, but if we have to do the dance first then so be it.

Plus, I look forward to the day when we can finally stop all this Star League nonsense. A pointless premise that does nothing to enhance the game and only serves to give the Fedrats a place to whine. PMP and I'm pretty sure the majority of house units will ignore everything that comes out of it and continue to pile up Davion corpses.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 15 April 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#4 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

You're my cup o' coffee, Maxwell. :)

#5 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

Somehow that translator makes them seem smarter than usual...are you sure it's correctly calibrated?

#6 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostOrkdung, on 15 April 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

You're my cup o' coffee, Maxwell. :)

Hot and full of sugar?

#7 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 15 April 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

Part of the problem is that CW is straight up a numbers game. The low population of CW means that we almost HAVE TO shut down one of our borders. There is absolutely no way that we could fight a 2 front war. We have ghost drop superiority in TCAF's wheelhouse, and that's it. The other two windows, we're screwed if we have to fight Davion and keep Marik off our back door, especially considering that the capital is like 2 worlds from the Marik border.

I don't disagree with this, but like I said: it would need to be renegotiated. In real war you secure a border to fight on the other(Unless you are the USA, then you fight where ever because your citizenry is armed to defend itself). The population in CW is the problem. If we had 200+ Liaos fight during the other 2 windows, the Davion and Marik numbers would not matter. Thats just the way the numbers work.

#8 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 15 April 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Why is it so easy to read the Davion's cards? They are as bad at politics as they are at mechs.

Clan Davion Plan:

Step 1: oh hai FWL. sori w wer bik bulyz lsat tiem lt'z b frendz, k?
Step 2: yea, now w cna fniail sned our 4 gud plyrz tu fcuz on teh Laoz!
Step 3: we ar sitl bad at diz gam. we sahl wiat untl nxet rset!

Davion language translation provided by: daviontranslator.com

An FWL-CC alliance makes sense any way you slice it, but if we have to do the dance first then so be it.

Plus, I look forward to the day when we can finally stop all this Star League nonsense. A pointless premise that does nothing to enhance the game and only serves to give the Fedrats a place to whine. PMP and I'm pretty sure the majority of house units will ignore everything that comes out of it and continue to pile up Davion corpses.

I've never been able to tell if you're roleplaying at tinfoil hat nuts, or are genuinely tinfoil hat nuts, which makes a legitimate reply hard to formulate.
I mean, you've now gotten to the point where Russ suggesting a map reset is a "Davion" plot, despite there no longer being anything that bears a good resemblance to a unified Davion playerbase, quickly followed by an assertion that whoever inhabits the Liao faction at any given time are the only ones allowed to form a ceasefire with another faction and that faction must be Marik.

I'd genuinely like to believe I'm just missing the RP lulz you're engaging in, please do correct me if that's the case.

#9 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostHarathan, on 15 April 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

I've never been able to tell if you're roleplaying at tinfoil hat nuts, or are genuinely tinfoil hat nuts, which makes a legitimate reply hard to formulate.
I mean, you've now gotten to the point where Russ suggesting a map reset is a "Davion" plot, despite there no longer being anything that bears a good resemblance to a unified Davion playerbase, quickly followed by an assertion that whoever inhabits the Liao faction at any given time are the only ones allowed to form a ceasefire with another faction and that faction must be Marik.

I'd genuinely like to believe I'm just missing the RP lulz you're engaging in, please do correct me if that's the case.

Umm...maybe there's a third option, that your reading comprehension is just bad. Nowhere did Max suggest that Russ resetting the map is a Davion plot. I also have no idea what you were trying to say in the second part of your post.

#10 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 15 April 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Umm...maybe there's a third option, that your reading comprehension is just bad.

Certainly that's an option. Perhaps alongside "genuine misunderstanding". Try toning the anger down a bit?

Nowhere did Max suggest that Russ resetting the map is a Davion plot.

Did he not? That's how it read to me, and why I asked for clarification. I'm sorry that made you so angry. Perhaps a break from the internet is in order?

Perhaps I misunderstood, and Maxwell was implying that those who still refer to themselves as Davion High Command agreeing with other factions that a reset was a good thing were somehow formulating a diabolical plot to.... I'm not sure. Have a ceasefire with another Faction after the reset in the same way Liao and Marik would? Since the idea that Liao and Marik should have special rules in place that others don't have doesn't really stand up to realistic scrutiny, I asked the question.

I also have no idea what you were trying to say in the second part of your post.

"Perhaps your reading comprehension is just bad"? Or to put it in a way that doesn't make me sound like a ****, perhaps I worded it in a way you did not easily understand?

Maxwell seems to be suggesting that players of the Liao and Marik Factions having a ceasefire is a foregone conclusion, almost to the point of saying it should be hard coded, while at the same time suggesting that players of other Factions wishing to have ceasefires with each other clearly have evil ulterior motives and should be ashamed of themselves.

If I'm reading it wrong, well, that's why I asked for clarification. If it's RP lulz, great. If it's genuine belief, then we're in crackpot tinfoil hat territory. It seems certain that after the reset, Maxwell will still be crusading hard on behalf of Liao; one wonders if, hypothetically, Davion was composed of a completely different set of players, would he still so easily and rabidly denounce their intentions based purely on what flag they're under?

Before you replied, I was going to go back and edit my original post; append a disclaimer that I was genuinely asking for clarification and not looking to cause any aggravation to anyone. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity, and aggravation arrived anyway.

Edited by Harathan, 15 April 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#11 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Umm...yes, he would. Why? Because he's a Liao loyalist.

As for your passive aggressive, that's cool bro. We'll have a thickburger at Arby's and it will all be good.

#12 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

I wonder, do Davions just type so much because they love typing? Surely, they cannot believe that anyone cares to read all the nonsense they type out.

But yea, Faith is right. Davion reading comprehension is in the toilet. Maybe we should help and translate our posts into the Davion native tongue?

DAVION TRANSLATION said:

i wnodre, du dvinz jsut typ so mcuh bceasu tehi luev tpyign? srueil, tehi cnanto bleive dat anon craz tu raed al teh nnsns tehi typ ou.t

ut yea, fith iz rite. dvaino rdng komprehension iz in teh tiolte. myab w sohudl halp him out and tarnsalt our pstz itno teh dvaino ntiv tngu?

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 15 April 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#13 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I at the time was a communist
Lived on a collective farm.
She was a part-time antichrist,
Our sex went off like a bomb!

Living the life of a terrorist
Looking for Hanse Davion,
I'll give him me gun as Avalon to the sun,
If you die like a dog then you are then you are - Davion!

They shall drown in their own blood!

Hail Avalon a go-go!
Going to Avalon a go-go!
Everybody is there!
Business of strange bed fellows,
Makes you dance around like a bear!

Ein, Schwein, kick him in the eye
Teamed up with the Asian eye
They were the ones Who could rise with the sun
As they lived in their 'mechs!
And they died And they died And they died!!
And they died And they died And they died!!

How they died... Hail!

The running paper tiger chases its own tail!
Hail Avalon a go-go!

He was someone who was there for...people like me.
Maximilian loved the party!
Yes they're all here with me...

Bloody Sword High,
Loves you always, always a kick...
Bloody Sword High,
Even though the smell is making me sick!

As we sit on your fields
And cheer as your 'mechs fall like rain,
Here at the ancient HPG Max is still presiding there...
Running around with a choppy saber...Where is the Chancellor, where?

Here it comes, the black tornado,
Let's have a cheer for howling Liao!
If you survive what falls out of his mind,
You'll make the political world!!

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 15 April 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#14 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

lmao there will never be a new star league, it was a terrible idea then and it's a terrible idea now. if it's not kurita that grinds the star league into dust again, it'll just be someone else

marik and davion clanners were born to get rekt

#15 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 15 April 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Umm...yes, he would. Why? Because he's a Liao loyalist.

So you're saying he's RPing then, and not a complete crackpot. Am I reading that right?

View PostFaith McCarron, on 15 April 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

As for your passive aggressive, that's cool bro. We'll have a thickburger at Arby's and it will all be good.

I wasn't being passive aggressive. Tho the distinction seems to be lost on you, there is a difference between "passive aggressive" and "just not being aggressive in the first place".

#16 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 15 April 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

I wonder, do Davions just type so much because they love typing? Surely, they cannot believe that anyone cares to read all the nonsense they type out.

I asked you a genuine question, just for clarification, without hostility, out of genuine curiosity. It's intruiging that what I got back is basically the equivalent of the old playground behaviour of sticking fingers in ears, waggling fingers and going "Nyah nyah".

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 15 April 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

But yea, Faith is right. Davion reading comprehension is in the toilet. Maybe we should help and translate our posts into the Davion native tongue?

I really do apologise if I missed the naunces of RP that may or may not have been in your post. I wasn't trying to initiate any forum warrior BS, I was just trying to establish if the apparently irrational hatred of a faction flag was based on the players wearing that flag, or the flag itself.

I'm not sure I really got an answer, I suspect I just became an easy target for forum warrior e-peen. I'm sorry for interrupting, but also sorry for assuming that if I wrote a post with no hostile intentions, it would still get jumped on by the trolls.

Edited by Harathan, 15 April 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#17 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostHarathan, on 15 April 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm not sure I really got an answer, I suspect I just became an easy target for forum warrior e-peen. I'm sorry for interrupting, but also sorry for assuming that if I wrote a post with no hostile intentions, it would still get jumped on by the trolls.

You posted on the Liao forums and didn't expect to get trolled? You could have a Liao flag and get trolled here.

#18 mxlm

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostHarathan, on 15 April 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm sorry that made you so angry. Perhaps a break from the internet is in order?

View PostHarathan, on 15 April 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

I wasn't being passive aggressive. Tho the distinction seems to be lost on you, there is a difference between passive aggressive and just not being aggressive in the first place.

Davions: not content with being bad at mechs, they strive to be terrible communicators as well.

Like, is there anything Davions do well? Is there anything Davions do competently, even? Aside from dying to NKVA, of course

#19 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 15 April 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

You posted on the Liao forums and didn't expect to get trolled? You could have a Liao flag and get trolled here.

I don't spend much time on the Liao forums, so I missed out on that particular point. Honestly, I was just hoping that if I tried to engage people like they were actual people, at least one person might have the courtesy to respond in kind. I guess it's gotten to the point where everyone just trolls by default on the assumption that is what everyone else is doing anyway. It's a bit sad really.

#20 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostHarathan, on 15 April 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

I don't spend much time on the Liao forums, so I missed out on that particular point. Honestly, I was just hoping that if I tried to engage people like they were actual people, at least one person might have the courtesy to respond in kind. I guess it's gotten to the point where everyone just trolls by default on the assumption that is what everyone else is doing anyway. It's a bit sad really.

Go home.

There are no real people here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users