142 replies to this topic

#1 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

Was running a group and trying to capture a planet, got 2 ghost drops in a row, both of them were defending. Which means my team of 12 players spent 20+ minutes for zero planetary gains and horrible rewards.

If ghost drops are only accounting for 2% of drops, then ghost drops should guarantee gaining a planetary marker.

#2 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

New CW system is horrible, what the heck?

Who is person who thought this was good idea? Discourages people from playing and encourages light rushes on offense because attack node opportunities now limited by time available in ceasefire window.

Edited by Tasker, 21 April 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#3 thinkn bout thos Beans mans game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostTasker, on 21 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

New CW system is horrible, what the heck?

Who is person who thought this was good idea? Discourages people from playing and encourages light rushes on offense because attack node opportunities now limited by time available in ceasefire window.

PGI is intent on ruining this game. Thanks PGI, time to find a new game hope in vain PGI loses the license. o7

Edited by ilKhan Alec Baldwrensky, 21 April 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#4 t w

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

This patch has broken CW.

#5 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

Yep, it seems not a single person in the entire "idea tank" of PGI decided they should do some math on this system that was already flawed from the basic idea (to take away any reward for dedicating more forces than an enemy).

This system has absolutely broken CW, and my merc unit will now stop playing until the Tukayyid event. Note, ACES mercs have played CW non stop since its launch. Us stopping is only in the face of such a massive problem.

A rollback is needed.

#6 RubyFire

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

What's that? You can't overwhelm planets with numerical superiority now? Too bad.

#7 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Edited by Tasker, 21 April 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#8 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 21 April 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yep, it seems not a single person in the entire "idea tank" of PGI decided they should do some math on this system that was already flawed from the basic idea (to take away any reward for dedicating more forces than an enemy).

This system has absolutely broken CW, and my merc unit will now stop playing until the Tukayyid event. Note, ACES mercs have played CW non stop since its launch. Us stopping is only in the face of such a massive problem.

A rollback is needed.

Add NKVA to that list. We're a unit of entirely newbies who started this January specifically gearing ourselves towards CW mode. Discouraging us from playing with even more pointless ghost drops on top of the current system is quickly sapping my unit's will to play CW, and I imagine many more units will join us soon.

Revert this change or modify it, the current system is a death knell for the remaining CW population.

#9 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostZ3R0 0N3, on 21 April 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

What's that? You can't overwhelm planets with numerical superiority now? Too bad.

Whats that, the matchmaker is now defending planets for you instead of you having to do that? I guess boo hoo'ing to PGI is the best strategy.

If PGI had any brains, after 8/9 minutes waiting without an opponent, it should forcibly move the marker to an invasion/counter attack position. That gives the lower population faction 8 or 9 minutes to create a group / finish the last match before they become penalized.

#10 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

You can't overwhelm planets at all now.

#11 RubyFire

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostAdamski, on 21 April 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

Whats that, the matchmaker is now defending planets for you instead of you having to do that? I guess boo hoo'ing to PGI is the best strategy.

If PGI had any brains, after 8/9 minutes waiting without an opponent, it should forcibly move the marker to an invasion/counter attack position. That gives the lower population faction 8 or 9 minutes to create a group / finish the last match before they become penalized.

It is! The result? IS quirks and the second round of clan quirks. :)

#12 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

what to heck??!!

#13 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

If PGI had any brains a win would take a node. Done. Solution found. Game is fixed.

#14 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

after 8/9 minutes waiting without an opponent, it should forcibly move the marker to an invasion/counter attack position. That gives the lower population faction 8 or 9 minutes to create a group / finish the last match before they become penalized.

Quoted. For truth. I was one of the people who was strongly in favour of the new system. Although I think it will work, these little tweaks need to be made. Not sure why I'm seeing more ghost drops than before.

#15 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Here is really easy to make it work: win match, get a node.

You win defense, you get a node. Make it worth to queue up on defense. Done.

#16 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

PGI just made it take 50% longer to take a planet under the optimal circumstance of a 100% win rate for the invading team.

Beyond the patience level for most players or units that cannot field at least 2 teams on a planet. It is also possible that it cannot now be done by one team during a typical ceasefire period as there is simply not enough time to complete the now required minimum 15 drops to get your 8 required sectors and that is assuming you win every match.

If there is no chance of winning a planet why bother playing, as evidenced by the above comments.

I have said this before.

Use the random sector (map) selector that we have in game now. Play the mode required depending on the colour of the sector at the time of the sectors selection. If it is blue the invaders attack, if it is red the invaders defend on counter attack. As sectors are taken you will naturally find more counter attacks which will push the planet towards the 50% typing point. Simple.

What we get is yet another overly complicated PGI solution that will only result in yet fewer players playing CW. GG PGI.,

#17 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

On top of all that they somehow made the FPS issues in CW maps even worse. Grim Patio kills me every time now.

#18 IlKhan Prepaid Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Stop fixing the fixes and just make a fun game already

#19 Santanico Pandamonium

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFt. Hood TX

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

This system is borked.

Ghost Drop should net some planetary gain. Just had 2 Ghost Drops and couldn't take a square.

That's a wasted 20mins of que time, for nothing.

an uncontested Ghost Drop should net something.

#20 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

lol NO. That is not it at all.

Point is can ONLY overwhelm planet with numerical superiority or sheer luck of RNG giving lot of attack queues now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users