Emerald Taiga Spawn Camping

108 replies to this topic

#1 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

See the title of this topic?

That.

Attackers rush into D3 and camp it. Try organizing a bunch of Clan pugs into balling up and stupidly funneling into that area when the attacking team is entirely IS Large Laser brawler builds "piloted" by smug douche bags with lore names that span 30 characters and who very clearly believe they're factually inside of their mechs.

What else can we do? If just ONE defender is killed and spawns in that blocked off, poorly designed area, he/she's immediately taken out by that team of campers. That starts a snowball of defenders getting taken out because you didn't think to make the drop ships more reasonably smart, dropping off players into non-hot zones. But, the drop ship has medium lasers that auto target! Yeah... that's clearly proving to be quite the deterrent.

You know that thing called a respawn system? You know--that thing that exists in other video game shooters were some magic happens behind some code where if a spot on the map is occupied by a grenade or an enemy or being looked at by an enemy, etc., the system chooses a different area to place the player in? You know--that system that makes the game a little bit more fair, and, subsequently, more fun for everyone? Instead, you just throw your pretty map together with your Nintendo 64 style 2D low resolution sprite "trees" and your comparatively massive sized bushes and grass and don't think to test it nearly enough to see how actual, scum of the Earth human beings would play it...

Yeah; I'm a little irritated. I can't skip the map. I can't vote to skip it. I can't just quit out and try for another map, because FOUR of my toy robots (with the only viable and absurdly priced modules that I own) that would be taken out one by one by a bunch of exploiting "tacticians" get locked into the game regardless. So, instead, here I am QQing on some forum NOT having fun playing something fresh in an otherwise addictive, stale lovely hated game called Mechwarrior Online.

What really sucks is that this is probably going to get immediately dismissed and I'll have wasted the last ten minutes of my life writing this up, because I critiqued on an imperfection and we can't handle being critiqued upon unless it's been filtered to a suck-up, "professional" level of tactfulness...

Sincerely,

Some passionate, whining ingrate who's thrown hundreds of dollars into this game and has just about had enough.

P.S. - http://mwomercs.com/...611-hahahahaha/ These are the tools I was referring to; truly great people to play against.

Edited by Nocturnal Link, 24 April 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#2 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

You're 100% right and we're 100% an extremely canon house unit.

#3 shaqtacular

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:16 PM

Please don't name and shame as it is against the rules. Thank you.

#4 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostHobotorius Augustus Kerensky, on 24 April 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

You're 100% right and we're 100% an extremely canon house unit.

#5 thinkn bout thos Beans mans game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

You are not the law

#6 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

You can go commander and swap people out of that lance so nobody drops in that spawn point (unless that changed at some point).

Makes spawn camping a single drop zone utterly pointless.

#7 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

#8 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

Are You Enjoying The Tukayyid Event

#9 Minimum Viable Kieransky

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostNocturnal Link, on 24 April 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

P.S. - http://mwomercs.com/...611-hahahahaha/ These are the tools I was referring to; truly great people to play against.

*walks into frame, turns toward camera, camera zooms in*
..Oh! Herro there!

#10 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostNocturnal Link, on 24 April 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

What really sucks is that this is probably going to get immediately dismissed and I'll have wasted the last ten minutes of my life writing this up, because I critiqued on an imperfection and we can't handle being critiqued upon unless it's been filtered to a suck-up, "professional" level of tactfulness...

For what it worth, you are right that Emerald Taiga is bad map with bad design that greatly encourage spawn camping, and that trees are ridiculous.

And also right that it is silly that must hide all realistic criticism and confrontation behind faux overly polite nonsense.

#11 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

I just played another match on this map and yes, you can still swap people in lances as commander.

So if a team is spawncamping the D3 area, swap people into alpha lance as they die and they won't spawn there, and thus you can push the campers out (in theory).

It would be nice if the fact that you can do this was more obvious. Even knowing about it beforehand it took me a while to realize you can drag and drop lance members in the battlegrid screen.

Edited by AEgg, 24 April 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#12 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

One Must Act As If They Are Already Dead To Defeat The Dragon. Only By Acting As A True Bushido Sworn Samurai Can One Muster The Strength To Throw Back The Coordinator's Beloved Children.

#13 FIREKRAQUR

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLeRoy NY

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

I've been turned many a cannon fodder by spawn campers on that map. No fun with a 1-3 second fight.

#14 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

I think this map is crap because it's filled with trees that block line of sight and you can't knock down or burn, but they don't block fire. It's like playing with cataracts. Same reason I think the swamp is a hunk of crap.

#15 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

Don't lower yourselves to the OP's level. Respond with some maturity instead of the nonsense, it's the only way to handle someone whose losing their cool.

OP this discussion is nothing knew, there are many threads on the same topic and many suggestions on how to address it. I'll let you find those on your own. What I will do is give you the same reply I have written on many threads: In a game where multiple spawns are allowed by the same player you will never get rid of spawn camping. The reason it doesn't happen in the solo queue is because there is just that one initial spawn. Many games have responded to spawn camping but have only succeeded in moving it to a new location. You have to think of spawn camping as a legitimate tactic, but one that can be balanced with consequences to the camper. A PGI solution is already in effect, this is why you see turrets and drop ships have lasers that can kill the enemy.

Do some maps need tweaking? Yes
Is PGI done addressing this phenomenon? No
Do the players themselves have recourse? Yes - a good leader on comms will be able to rally a push back.

OP don't let spawn camping affect you like this or losing a match. Look for the solutions you can apply yourself and via teamwork. Also realize that the game, CW in general, is going to change. Finally naming that one unit is pointless. Everyone on that map tries to do that, even PUG's. It does not always succeed. Now that you know it can happen and where, start thinking of how to counter it with the way the current game works.

Keep in mind - this tactic does not always succeed!

Edited by Romeo Deluxe, 24 April 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#16 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:15 AM

View PostRomeo Deluxe, on 24 April 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

In a game where multiple spawns are allowed by the same player you will never get rid of spawn camping. The reason it doesn't happen in the solo queue is because there is just that one initial spawn. Many games have responded to spawn camping but have only succeeded in moving it to a new location. You have to think of spawn camping as a legitimate tactic, but one that can be balanced with consequences to the camper.

Bull-*******-****. This crap happened in BF4 when some new maps were released (because they too do not spend the time nor money nor care about testing a product before shoving it out the door--players can be the guinea pigs--players can be the ones to have their leisure time wasted and filled with negativity and hatred). You know what happened within the first month? People got pissed off, like I am, because clearly no deep thought was actually put into designing the product before they tossed it at our feet, like, "FINE! HERE'S YOUR NEW CONTENT! DO YOU APPRECIATE US NOW?! Also, here's some more paint jobs for your digital toy robots that you can give us another $5 for." But, hey, at least Dice acknowledged their imperfection and fixed it. YOU COULD NOT SIMPLY COUNTER THAT HORSE CRAP BY PUSHING THEM OUT--YOU DIE INSTANTLY.

A PGI solution is already in effect, this is why you see turrets and drop ships have lasers that can kill the enemy.

OMFG, please; like I said, OBVIOUSLY that's a really effective deterrent.

Do the players themselves have recourse? Yes - a good leader on comms will be able to rally a push back.

I also already addressed this. I play solo, like MANY other players do. Is it fair to leave the system broken and simply lay the blame entirely on the fact that we're not buddying up with a "unit?"

OP don't let spawn camping affect you like this or losing a match. Look for the solutions you can apply yourself and via teamwork. Also realize that the game, CW in general, is going to change. Finally naming that one unit is pointless. Everyone on that map tries to do that, even PUG's. It does not always succeed. Now that you know it can happen and where, start thinking of how to counter it with the way the current game works.

Guy, don't think that your message on the internet can dictate my personality and values, or anyone's for that matter. The "solutions" you're referring to are HIGHLY unlikely to succeed, and they still leave the game in a state of unfairness and imbalance. Is handicapping your favorite football or baseball team or ******* Magic the Gathering player, etc. fair? Do you condescendingly tell them to "GET GUD!?" No, you'd likely attack the ******** happening before your eyes; or not, whatever, I'm sure you'd like to think that you wouldn't now, just to spite, which would be baffling and sad. Yeah, CW will change; however, why would they bother to spend so much of their precious money and time on changing it when no one is bitching about it? Hence my bitching about it... And, yeah, "everyone" spawn camps that map. I DO NOT. I can't prove that to you, but I don't. Finally, I called them out, because they are tool bags. They called me out for being direct and cursing and pointing at their blatant exploitation on a video game that utilizes internet connection, and, in their own defense, they seriously seem to believe that just because they're not using curse words, their mockery of "GOOD DUEL," etc., as mech after mech gets instantly wiped out, is somehow less offensive than my simple name calling. Truly? I'd say that's even worse--hiding behind a wall of false professionalism. And, really? Are we really so hurt by name calling? Are we really that vulnerable as adults?... come on.

#17 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Go commander, swap everyone who dies into alpha lance. Nobody spawns where the enemies are, spawn camping problem solved. It only takes one person.

Yes, it's a bad solution because PGI doesn't make it obvious that it can be done and it should be automated. Marking which spawn point goes with which lance on the map would help too. But it's basically impossible to get spawncamped when you can control where you spawn, and we can.

#18 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

hey atleast they tried with theese 2 new maps, compared to the old ones that had 0 thought into it.

#19 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Guys, you just have to prevent the enemy from making it to the dropzone. Problem solved. It's not like anyone can effectively rush a point without losing a mech or two. Unless the defenders suck.

Also, don't try to argue the disgrace of map exploits with NKVA. Just don't lol.

Them in a nutshell (both characters, because they're very contradicting that way lol):

#20 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

It happens.

If the mechs are fast enough they can hit the attackers 'piece-meal'. Have had the clans do it to us and, on occasion, managed to do it to some of them.

Gotta get balled up fast if attacking on that map.

It's more of a map size/map design issue than anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users