Could House Davion Sit Out The Next Battle Of Tukayyid?

67 replies to this topic

#21 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostKnight2416, on 05 May 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

Clan Wolf won, but top slot -MS-. What other factions have mercs in top 5 slot

About half of them, actually.

#22 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

Hey, if y'all put half as much effort into shooting 'mechs as you did into your low-rent owns, you might have managed like a 45 percent win rate

#23 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

This was what I refer to with my question

I started a thread asking this same question (though I realized I was logged on to my Clan account at the time)

http://mwomercs.com/...lists-vs-mercs/

#24 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostRjBass3, on 06 May 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

And I'm just saying, telling us to do better when you don't even represent one of the Kurita units that did so well means you are just trying to ride on the coat tails of your betters. Stop squawking already and own up to the fact that your contribution to the fight meant nothing. Stop trying to claim the glory from the Kurita house units that earned it. Nobody likes a poser.

I don't think you're taking internet robots seriously enough. Please go into more detail as to why you're life is so awful you feel the need to care about trivial internet things.

#25 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

View PostRiyott, on 06 May 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

I don't think you're taking internet robots seriously enough. Please go into more detail as to why you're life is so awful you feel the need to care about trivial internet things.

Hush trashborn. Leave this conversation to us real humans.

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hey, if y'all put half as much effort into shooting 'mechs as you did into your low-rent owns, you might have managed like a 45 percent win rate

I'm with RRB. We had a 51% win rate. What win rate did your unit have?

#26 Losing With Style

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

hey man, I'm just saying you guys need to do better

I bet when Hanse Davion sees how his house single-handedly lost Tukayyid he'll have a heart attack

Ice burn lore reference.

#27 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostLosing With Style, on 06 May 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ice burn lore reference.

eyyy i'm glad SOMEONE got it

View PostRjBass3, on 06 May 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hush trashborn. Leave this conversation to us real humans.

I'm with RRB. We had a 51% win rate. What win rate did your unit have?

WoL hasn't been super-active on this game in a while, so those of us online at the time dropped with a bunch of randoms on the Kurita TS and did much better than 51 percent, lol

#28 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:35 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

WoL hasn't been super-active on this game in a while, so those of us online at the time dropped with a bunch of randoms on the Kurita TS and did much better than 51 percent, lol
So, it's exactly as he stated then, you're coming here riding the coat tails of your betters, chest thumping about the 5 or 6 matches you played in...

Whatever scrub... Join a serious unit, put in the actual time for an event like this, and responding to your trolling might actually be worth some effort...

Edited by Dimento Graven, 06 May 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#29 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

Prove it.

#30 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 06 May 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

It wasnt a problem that we were fighting the Clans, it was that so many people showed up who had obviously never played CW before. When dropping with names I recognised (thankyou to RRB and ARMD especially) we did just fine, but when a pilot like me is topping the scoreboard, its not a good sign.

Yeah, the event was not exactly a good time to be playing CW for the first time ever and there were idiots and pubscum seen everywhere. Lord knows we experienced probably every other game someone ragequitting at their team early and leaving unpiloted mechs at the dropsite. This is because the event brought out so many soloqueue players crawling out of the woodwork and willing to ruin the game for everyone else for the sake of trying to get their 80 points.

But that's beside the point. These are UNIT stats. These are players that are in groups, forming consistent strategies, assumed to have voice communication and structure, and the ability to plan waves and pre-determine deck composition to best complement one another. What excuse can you make for them? If these players were choosing to do something that would cause them to lose, such as taking their chances with pub fillers in their drop, that is their own fault. During an event like this, premades should utterly dominate the ragged uncoordinated rabble which the vast majority of event participants were. I want to say well less than half of the games that we played were vs other premades. Even if we lost every game played vs other premades but still won against pick-up groups one would still expect a better win rate. I can only conclude that these teams were losing to clanner pugs. Coordinated groups, even casual units, shouldn't lose to that.

#31 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 05 May 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

The event was really bad, because many IS merc units took Clan contracts for the event and totally lopsided the game population.
If PGI were to freeze all allegiance changes 30 days prior to the event and until it was over, that might stop them from doing so. Davion was at the bottom with Marik and Liao, the event was just lopsided. Luckily, it was just a test.

If PGI froze all allegiance changes, then the wait times for games on the IS side would have been even more ridiculous than they were. Your suggestion would only block many people on the IS side from even participating. If a stupid cockpit banner mattered so much to you, you should have gone clan and helped fix the population imbalance AND get your reward at the same time.

#32 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

Like I said, either in this thread or another, maybe it was on Reddit, I don't remember, but if anything, I learned that many of us need to work harder if we want to be more successful in CW. But to do so also means we have to have the drive to do it. I know I have the drive to do it, but I don't really have the time between family, work, and real life. Considering most in RRB are in the same boat as me, I thought we didn't do to bad. We don't field any serious competitive units, and there is only a small fraction of us that like CW. Out of all the RRB members that participated in CW, only about half of them participated for more than say 5 or 10 drops. We had members of RRB who have stated numerous times in the past how much they hate CW, yet they were in it for the challenge. Having MWO vets who are also virtual CW noobs didn't help us at times.

In the end I can make excuses until the cows come home and it won't change anything. The battle is over, the stats are out, and none of it really matters. I will still be hosting WNW tonight, I will still be dropping in CW, and no non unit aligned wannabes are gonna be able to prevent that. Ifwe win we win, if we loose we loose, so long as I make some cbills and have fun, i'm good with it.

Edited by RjBass3, 06 May 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#33 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 05 May 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Would really help the Inner Sphere's overall win percentage

http://mwomercs.com/...yyid-unit-stats

thanks in advance

Lol, well aren't you just a pathetic ****. Trying to chalk up the Clans' lore-changing victory to noobs' fault? We fought HARD for Tukayyid outnumbered 2 to 1 and you know it. Most times we didn't have enough players to cover all the nodes, and in the end it came down to literally a handful of battles.

How DARE you ask for players to sit out the next season, ComWar participation is freaking low enough as it is. Seriously! How DAAARE you... >: (

Edited by Repasy, 06 May 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#34 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

Wow, there's a whole lot of Kurita butthurt here. Not content with being the top IS faction in the Tuk. event, you gotta come over here and dump on someone lesser.

Weak.

#35 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostRepasy, on 06 May 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Lol, well aren't you just a pathetic ****. Trying to chalk up the Clans' lore-changing victory to noobs' fault? We fought HARD for Tukayyid outnumbered 2 to 1 and you know it. Most times we didn't have enough players to cover all the nodes, and in the end it came down to literally a handful of battles.

How DARE you ask for players to sit out the next season, ComWar participation is freaking low enough as it is. Seriously! How DAAARE you... >: (
At what point was there ANY turret run taking place on Turkayyid? As far as I know (and granted I wasn't awake, nor able to watch it every hour every day) there was never a SINGLE turret run.

The event was scaled to match the average MAX clan numbers, not the other way around.

Had there been 101 slots instead of the, what... 67 I think (whatever, don't care), where IS's superior numbers would have resulted in at least a few undefended drops during peak periods, where even pre-made 12 man IS groups were waiting 20, sometimes 30 minutes for a drop, the stats would have reflected it.

But whatever, the event was scaled towards the limitations of the clans, and it was what it was...

View PostApnu, on 06 May 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Wow, there's a whole lot of Kurita butthurt here. Not content with being the top IS faction in the Tuk. event, you gotta come over here and dump on someone lesser.

Weak.
Honestly I think he's just trolling for some juicy anti-Kurita rants here to try and motivate some Kuritans to attack the Davion front.

#36 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 06 May 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

At what point was there ANY turret run taking place on Turkayyid? As far as I know (and granted I wasn't awake, nor able to watch it every hour every day) there was never a SINGLE turret run.

The event was scaled to match the average MAX clan numbers, not the other way around.

Had there been 101 slots instead of the, what... 67 I think (whatever, don't care), where IS's superior numbers would have resulted in at least a few undefended drops during peak periods, where even pre-made 12 man IS groups were waiting 20, sometimes 30 minutes for a drop, the stats would have reflected it.

But whatever, the event was scaled towards the limitations of the clans, and it was what it was...

-_- r u kidding me... I'm actually trying to back Davion up and you pick a fight with me? I never said ANYTHING about ghost drops! But trust me, there would have been pleeeeednty of ghost drops reflected in stats if every Clanner was not fighting their hardest. Do you have any idea how burned out some of us are? If we weren't dropping our ass off to defend our holding, there would have been no chance in hell for the Clans.

#37 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

This was what I refer to with my question

If i am not wrong, all of them.
Kurita: 3
Liao: 2
Davion: 2
FRR: 1, however their top 5 unit is now fighting for Clan Wolf (but they say they are loyal to the FRR)
Marik: 1
Steiner: 2
Smoke Jaguar: 1-2, not sure
Wolf: 2
Ghost Bear: 1-2, not sure
Falcon: 3-4 not sure

Hope this helps.

Edited by CyclonerM, 06 May 2015 - 11:15 AM.

#38 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

So when you say your group isn't very active it's a valid reason but when Davion says it it's just an excuse?

Kurita and Davion are the biggest IS houses. Yet all evidence points to Davion having one of the highest number of casual and pug players, even within their top units. Everyone always trots out these statistics but the fact of the matter is that you can use the numbers to tell any number of stories depending on how you present them. Without better breakdown of the numbers aside from "Top five with matches played and win rate" there's no real way of knowing how they really performed (pug vs full premade, dedicated CW player vs event only player).

As in most games the team/faction that's considered the "Good Guys" often draws the largest amount of casual players. If you showed just the house names, symbols and description from the faction selection screen to someone with no knowledge of Battletech I'm betting 9 times out of 10 they'd say Davion are the good guys. Pretty easy to see why this translates to the win/loss records we saw in the event.

#39 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

Side note:
IS did get one ghost drop right at the end of the battle after cease fire declared. Whether this even counted is unknown but there was one..

#40 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostRepasy, on 06 May 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

-_- r u kidding me... I'm actually trying to back Davion up and you pick a fight with me? I never said ANYTHING about ghost drops! But trust me, there would have been pleeeeednty of ghost drops reflected in stats if every Clanner was not fighting their hardest. Do you have any idea how burned out some of us are? If we weren't dropping our ass off to defend our holding, there would have been no chance in hell for the Clans.
If I've somehow misread your statement, I'll apologize, BUT:

First: Show me where I try and pick a fight with you.
Second: Show me where you're trying to 'back Davion up'.
Third: Your claim of Clanners being 'out numbered 2 to 1' falls flat when at no point in time that I ever saw was the IS EVER able to bring its superior numbers to bear. Maximum number of groups was always 67 v 67. If that's not completely EVEN I dunno what it is, so you'll need to 'splain that to me.
Lastly: Complain of burn out when you're having to spend upwards of 30 minutes waiting to play, instead of the *gasp* 5 minute max wait time you Clanners enjoyed...

View PostBrimbooze, on 06 May 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

So when you say your group isn't very active it's a valid reason but when Davion says it it's just an excuse?

Meh, I just chalk it up to the original goon association with Liao makin' 'em insane...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users