Public Test Of The New Mechlab Is Now Live!

61 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

If you watched the April 25th Weekend Update video, you've already caught a sneak peek at what we've got in the pipeline for the upcoming Mechlab changes.

We're happy to announce that starting today at 11:00 AM PDT (6:00 PM UTC), the Public Test Server (PTS) will be activated to allow for public testing of the new Mechlab improvements!

Accessing the Public Test Server will require that you download and install a separate instance of the MWO client.
The download link for the PTS installer can be found here.

What Are We Testing?

This session of the MWO Public Test Server is intended to test the current build of the improvements we have been working on for the Mechlab.
The new Mechlab, strongly driven by community feedback, is intended to provide a more consistent and better organized method for building and customizing your favorite 'Mechs. Beyond the 'quality of life' improvements, we want to ensure that this new Mechlab retains the same core functionality as its predecessor.
So get in there, play around with the complementary MC, C-Bills, and GXP, and let us know what you think (and if you break anything)!

IMPORTANT NOTE
You will only be able to launch the PTS Client starting from May 7th at 11:00 AM PDT (6:00 PM UTC).
Attempting to do so before that time will result in a 'Servers Undergoing Maintenance' message.

Public Test Server Client Installation Steps
  • Download and run the PTS installer (if a previous install of the PTS Client is not already present on your system).
  • Run the MechWarriorOnline.exe, located in your C:\Program Files (x86)\MWO Public Test\MechWarrior Online\Bin32 (default install location)
  • Click the Patch button
  • Accept the Terms of Use
  • The PTS Client will then proceed to download the MWO install base, which is roughly 7 GB in size.
  • Once the Install Base has been downloaded and installed, the launcher will then download and apply two small patches.
  • Once the patches are downloaded and installed, you should now have access to the Play button.
  • Click Play!

Please read this important information about this PTS client session:
  • The sole purpose of this PTS session is to test the MechLab only.
  • This is not a UI overhaul!
  • Each PTS account will be provided with 50,000 MC, 500,000,000 C-Bills, and 500,000 GXP!
  • Match services will not be available during this PTS session.
  • Your login information for the PTS client will be the same as your Live account login information.
  • Any actions you take inside the PTS client, such as spending MC/C-Bills or customizing your 'Mechs will not carry over to your Live account.
  • The account that is used for your access to the PTS client is a 'snapshot' of your standard Live account. Any changes you make to your Live account while we are running the PTS session may not necessarily carry over to your PTS 'snapshot' account.
  • There is no hard deadline or end-time for this PTS Mechlab session! We expect this session to last through the weekend, at the very least.

To prevent any confusion, all discussion of the PTS Mechlab session should go into the Public Test sub-forum.
We request that you please only use the Public Test sub-forum for constructive feedback and discussion of the PTS Mechlab.
Please do not submit any support tickets regarding issues with the Mechlab PTS.

#2 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Nice...good to see the PTS being used.

#3 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Also, we expect the PTS Mechlab to be active throughout the weekend at the very least (barring any issues coming up that may require a reset or downtime).

There is no hard deadline or end-time for the PTS Mechlab session.

#4 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

Looking forward to putting the new Mechlab through it's paces!

#5 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

now alive. It has to be a player to take the test on "mech lab" you not trust in your work. Knowing that many players with their complaints the game became worse.Do you you have to do, and we spoke at the end and not the "sissys" players who like to learn and therefore require the alteration for them not to elite who spends money to you work through this title. good luck

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

great thx for such a friendly user test.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 May 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#7 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

Cool, the PTS is back! Can't wait to see this new Mechlab!

#8 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostK19, on 07 May 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

now alive. It has to be a player to take the test on "mech lab" you not trust in your work. Knowing that many players with their complaints the game became worse.Do you you have to do, and we spoke at the end and not the "sissys" players who like to learn and therefore require the alteration for them not to elite who spends money to you work through this title. good luck

Dude.... I can learn to pilot a mech by replacing neirohelmet with a duck. But that does not mean we have to.

#9 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

One friend of mine just put fear in me,thats why i cant wait now to see it myself so i will ask here,will this UI changes be more functional or just redesigned to look more like smurfy !?

#10 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

#11 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostEyesBurn, on 07 May 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

One friend of mine just put fear in me,thats why i cant wait now to see it myself so i will ask here,will this UI changes be more functional or just redesigned to look more like smurfy !?

The only UI-specific changes you're going to see in this build is the addition of Tooltips for a large number of the menu buttons.

The Select 'Mech menu has also been changed, and currently looks like this:
Posted Image

Aside from that the only changes are going to be inside the Mechlab itself.

#12 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

This is what the current Column view looks like:

Posted Image

This is what the current Expanded view looks like:

Posted Image

#13 SirEpicPwner

• PipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 60 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 07 May 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

The only UI-specific changes you're going to see in this build is the addition of Tooltips for a large number of the menu buttons.

The Select 'Mech menu has also been changed, and currently looks like this:
Posted Image

Any plans for us to be able to modify all modules, not just consumables, from that 'mech selection menu? That would be nice.

Edited by SirEpicPwner, 07 May 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#14 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostSirEpicPwner, on 07 May 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Any plans for us to be able to modify all modules, not just consumables, from that 'mech selection menu? That would be nice.

You should post that suggestion in the Public Test sub-forum! You can get the ball rolling and be the first player to post there.

#15 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 07 May 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Also, we expect the PTS Mechlab to be active throughout the weekend at the very least (barring any issues coming up that may require a reset or downtime).

There is no hard deadline or end-time for the PTS Mechlab session.

Even better! So glad that for once the PTS is going on for more than just a few hours at a time.

#16 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

I like that there will be more information on mechs,that will definitely save us a lot of nerves in future when we are looking for that bloody module or engine that we need but we forgot where the hell we left it .

View PostAlexander Garden, on 07 May 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

"The only UI-specific changes you're going to see in this build"

So can we expect more functional changes in near future UI builds,like sliding over items just like in smurfy lab ?

Edit

I just saw on twitch stream that there is a slide item function in the new UI,i cant believe it ...

Edited by EyesBurn, 07 May 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#17 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 07 May 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

This is what the current Column view looks like:

Posted Image

This is what the current Expanded view looks like:

Posted Image

this style and bad 1st mech lab think the way and the mixture over the current lab mech with "smurfy" but okay in the end speak.

#18 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

We can't port the MC, Cbills, or GXP to the real account?

What real incentive is their for doing this testing and downloading a separate client.....etc?
Some Free MCs would be a nice incentive, Heck 10 free mech bays would be a great incentive for those who test.

The only thing I don't like about the current mechlab is that it doesn't tell you where your modules are located or which mech they are on.

If the mechlab had a TAB for MODULES, which told which mech had them it would be great.

Better yet, when the cursor is over the mech, it should list the modules installed in the mechs under the QUIRKS section, labeled MODULES and font COLOR should be YELLOW.
This would save a lot of time.

Another thing to add to the mechlab is custom badges and titles.
It would be awesome if each mech in the mech lab be assigned a badge.
For example, "Little Helper" badge/title be assigned to the Locust for example. The Atlas have "Giant Helper", Currently only one Badge/Title is blanketed over all the mechs.

#19 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Looks nice, but it doesn't scale (well). There's a lot of empty space on my 1920 x 1200 monitor while simultaneously the text and buttons are rather small.

What's the largest screen size that the UI is designed for?

#20 Azrael0815

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

Would be great if it would be possible to save loadouts.
I personally try around with loadouts and saving the "working" one would be awesome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users