#101 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostSmoked, on 13 May 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Yes. However, you're going to have to grind c-bills to make the mechs more competitive. Even if you were a good player you would be playing them with a severe disadvantage stock. And I think the total would be $160, not $200.

It works out to be $200 Canadian.

#102 H A M M

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostSmoked, on 13 May 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Yes. However, you're going to have to grind c-bills to make the mechs more competitive. Even if you were a good player you would be playing them with a severe disadvantage stock. And I think the total would be $160, not $200.

Yea, you're right $160, i was thinking mauler pack was $120. But, for less than $4.50 per chassis that seems like a decient deal for a platform to start from. Thank you.

Edited by HAMM2SEVEN, 13 May 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#103 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostHAMM2SEVEN, on 13 May 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

Yea, you're right $160, i was thinking mauler pack was $120. But, for less than $4.50 per chassis that seems like a decient deal for a platform to start from. Thank you.

Welcome to the game/Community :)

Don't let the naysayers corrupt you. This is an awesome game, and the devs do good work, and really take care of you if you have any problems. If you need any help with anything, feel free to PM me, I'll share what I can. Can't help you with Resistance variants, though, don't have any of those mechs yet.... Will pick up Enforcers when they come out next Tuesday though :3

#104 hargneux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 104 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 12 May 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

with the PNT-10P, ENF-4P and GRH-5P being PGI custom variants you would think the Grasshopper could mount ECM so the IS could FINALLY HAVE AN ECM HEAVY!!!!!

IS is getting the ECM-capable CTD-0X some time in the very near future. Stop whining. Clans still don't have an ECM capable assault mech.

#105 DebaucheryNShenanigans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

R2 besides the Mauler is Las vomit. ... which is getting rediculous boring.

nothing like a hellbringer to kill you flat dead in any IS mech.

pity blackknight and many other IS cannot do LasVomit like the clanners can.

#106 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostLugh, on 13 May 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I am resisting they all look *meh*

How dare you resistinc the Crab... AND THE FREAKING DABOKU MAULER!

#107 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostHAMM2SEVEN, on 13 May 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

So as a new player with no purchased mechs yet I'm not opposed to pay to avoid early grinding. If I'm reading this right if i purchased both res1 and res2 packs for $200.00 today i would get the 12 mechs from res1 pack then another 20 mechs as they are released?
Yes, but honestly, I wouldn't go R1+R2.

Yes, this grants you plus a ton of extras:
4x 35T - Panther
4x 50T - Enforcer
4x 70T - Grasshopper
4x 80T Zeus

4x 35T - Wolfhound
4x 50T - Crab
4x 75T - Black Knight
4x 90T - Mauler

However:
You only need 3 of any mech anyway.
There's a lot of overlap between the 2, but on paper most of R2 is better than R1, though not by much and in R2, almost every mech is identical.

Additionally, R2 won't start to deliver till september, so that'll be a long wait for avoiding grind.

Now, if you go Resistance 1, you get:
3x 35T - Panther
3x 50T - Enforcer
3x 70T - Grasshopper
3x 80T Zeus
Choose the 6 different faction packs for a lot of colours and skins, cockpit items, etc and most bang for your buck.

THEN, get Clan Wave 3. While it costs slightly more,
This will give you:
3x 30T - Arctic Cheetah
3x 45T - Shadowcat
3x 65T - Ebon Jaguar
3x 95T - Executioner.
An additional 4 packs of colours and items, plus extras.
All of Clan 3 looks to be solid mechs, with a reasonable amount of variety.
It also starts delivering next month.

This would mean you have 12 Inner Sphere and 12 Clan mechs, with 8 'Hero' mechs for the bonus.
This lets you see both styles, and join any Community Warfare faction, and will grant a far better starting point to the game.

#108 H A M M

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:48 AM

I like that idea, thank you.

#109 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

Once again, I wake up to find a surprise bonus after buying something (last time it was the reward for buying the UrbanMech collection)! Thank you kindly! ^_^
I am going to hate not being able to spend more money on this game to get more goodies, you guys at PGI have definitely earned my respect. :D

#110 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostFluero, on 13 May 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

R2 besides the Mauler is Las vomit. ... which is getting rediculous boring.

nothing like a hellbringer to kill you flat dead in any IS mech.

pity blackknight and many other IS cannot do LasVomit like the clanners can.

I do agree that we need more DAKKA. But resistance pack 2 is looking more as The Sexy mech edition. :P

#111 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 13 May 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

The Panther... finally as fast as the other 35t lights with its 300 engine cap. But those hardpoints... well, I hope it gets some of the Huginn quirks.

That would be....Awesome!!!

#112 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostSagamore, on 13 May 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

It works out to be $200 Canadian.

yup :(

#113 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

Those extra variants are awesome. Now I have to buy in to Resistance 2.

#114 CloudAssault

Rookie

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

/Resisted

#115 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

It's tempting but we already have a lot of mechs to choose from, I rather see some game play additions to the game like more game modes, and more interesting maps that are not full of narrow passages.

If I were not on a layoff from work....almost 3 months now I'd likely have gotten both wave 3 and this package, and honestly I see more money value in r2 than wave3 personally. I'm starting to move back towards is mechs more and more with their crazy quirks that makes the clans seem more and more boring to play.

#116 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostCloudAssault, on 14 May 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

/Resisted

This !

I'am more and more disappointed by PGI.
They should be bringing more Depth into the game and try some real balance instead of bringing out own ways or rules to castrate Clans of there omnipod ability especially TBR S (JJs have to be removable) or downgrade their advanced Weapons like the Clan ERPPC 15dmg pin point into this crap with 10+2.5+2.5 and the clan LBX or AC Ammo selection.
Then they see that clans have most mechs as energy based weapon platform and they just increase burntime and of course more ghost heat so that balance is kept between IS and Clan. And in the same instance they are introducing insane Quirks for IS wich give them way less heat generation much less burn time for lasers, more range for their weapons and normal ACs that can shoot nearly faster than an Ultra without jamming. Oh yes , aaaand alot more Armor for some mechs.

This is getting way out of hand with this quirking nerfing sh...

Mabe PGI has to bring every stats of mechs and weapons back to default and than do some fine tuning and not this...

IS QUIRCK HAMMER !!!!!! -25% TO ENERGY HEAT GEN

CLAN NERF HAMMER !!!!!! +10% TO ENERGY HEAT GEN

IS QUIRCK HAMMER !!!!!! +53 TO CT ARMOR

CLAN QURICK HAMMER !!!!! -2% ENERGY HEAT

And then there are the prices for the Clan Wave III pack 120$ and the Resistance 2 80$
same Amount of mechs, same amount of goodies, WHY IS RES2 CHEAPER:

PGI made their point.

THEY DON'T LIKE CLANS
they treat the clans like an unwanted child.

#117 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

I love the clan :P

#118 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 12 May 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

We know what the quirks have become since their inception.

Fantastical ways to shorten time to kill and encourage boating since quirks are mech wide and not relagated to specific limbs in such a way that excess boating and mass mech-wide quirk min/maxing is impossible?

View PostLunatech, on 12 May 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

That Panther looks awful.

I want it.

Me too. Gauss Panther, engage! In general I like the more diverse mech variants as opposed to inflated copies of the same thing over and over with different made-up traits typically limited to extra hardpoints or deliberately gimping one in a non-canonical way (while leaving out all the canonical gimps that would have made them very unique).

Personal concerns:
Spoiler

All said and done: I like these variants. Makes me think we'll have some interesting uses out of them.

Though I'm left to wonder about the jumpjet limit on the Panther. We're allowed 4. That's the jumpjet max limit for a mech with a cruising speed of 4 hexes. The Panther demonstrated here has a cruising speed of 5 hexes and thus should have the ability to use 5 jumpjets stock...even though this variant does not exist officially. (Also why no left arm weapon? What if we wanted a left arm Panther so that people don't always go for the right side?)

Then again that brings up other issues with jumpjet limits, such as a max regardless of engine size and mechs with non-sensical limits. Shadowhawks for example limited to 3. Cruising speed is 5. So the max potential jumpjets in BT is 5. Got a smaller engine? It goes down. Got a bigger engine? It goes up. Of course I do see the problem in players not knowing you'd have to go up in engine size by the number of tons the mech weighs to get that extra jumpjet (65 ton mech? Need to jump+65 on the engine rating to get an extra jumpjet!), though if we had limitations to the canonical engines it'd do wonders for the min/maxing and to controlling balance.

Now I'm thinking again.

Still, good to see new variants. Just wish there wasn't such a right-side emphasis.

#119 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

I would love a little more depth to the build system (such as linking JJs to engine size, but more besides).

Also, is there any particular reason we couldn't 'flip' mechs?
As in, you hit a checkbox, maybe in upgrades, and it just mirrors the mech - same mech, same hitboxes, just reversed, so all Left parts become Right parts and vice versa.

#120 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Posthargneux, on 13 May 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

IS is getting the ECM-capable CTD-0X some time in the very near future. Stop whining. Clans still don't have an ECM capable assault mech.

Have you ever piloted an Atlas? My grandmother moves faster, and she is dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users