131 replies to this topic

#61 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

IMHO

the Zeus 5S is a worse variant of the current 6t. You wont be able to fit an AC20 along with 3 SRM launchers and using the both arms means you lose the nice Left shield side..

the Grasshopper 5p is straight upgrade to the 5N , possibly the best chassis even depending on what quirks they give it.

Enforcer.. /shrug 50 ton mechs are almost hit and miss , dont really use them

the Panther.. hmm if the quirks are towards ac2 then it is rubbish, but a more generic ballistic quirks might make this an interesting choice but again, blow the right arm and then LOL at it

#62 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 13 May 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

Troll mech build confirmed.

:lol: It's a rough build, but it can be pulled off: Endo, FF, Single heat sinks, gimp the hardpoint-less arm down to 0 armor, shave a tad from the legs, CT, and the head. You use up all your slots, but you do end up toting the Gauss w/2 tons of ammo, 2 JJs (or frag the JJs for an additional ton of ammo), and 2 Single sinks to meet the min. 10 requirement.

Edited by Novawrecker, 13 May 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#63 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

Yeah great deal - but does anybody really need this Mechs ??

I have better Lights than the Panther !
I have better Mediums than the Enforcer !
I have better Heavies than the Grasshopper !
I have better Assaults than the Zeus !

There is really no need to spend a single dollar to get the new variants of these Mechs...
I don't even think about spending more time than necessary playing these Mechs...

#64 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:05 AM

Thanks PGI. Either way you look at this its either free mechs or by getting more mechs the overall cost for each package drops a little bit.

PGI did not HAVE to do this so I for one again say Thanks :)

#65 Keith66AH

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

Hey at least they aren't mechs they already gave us, like the last three free mechs. I love scrolling through my inventory and see duplicates, especially ones that you can't really do anything different with... and CANT SELL! King Crab, Atlas, and Centurian AH, if you didn't know which ones I meant.

#66 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

MORE ROBOTS!!!THX PGI

#67 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 12 May 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Pretty easy to resist IMO, I feel like pretty much the whole of the first Resistance pack was underwhelming. The problem lies not just in having over 100 mechs to choose from already in my hangar, but having a lot of mechs which are simply much better choices. Another reason is that most of the variants aren't much of a variation, so I pretty much ended up giving them different weapons to match different roles. In competitive play, though, most of them are wasted because they simply aren't competitive. In a straight 3/3/3/3 (or closest you can get to that) situation, the team that is heavier wins the majority of the time.

I just don't see much of a place for the Resistance 2 mechs or the bonus Resistance 1 mechs.

This is exactly my view. R1 has mostly been a chore to level, and none of them are class leading.

R2 is more of the same, but with even less variety between the variants.

Further, laser hitreg is poor and getting worse. It'd be less painful to flush $80 down the toilet than it would be to try to level 12 laser boats whose weapons register half their stated damage on a good day.

Edited by Appogee, 13 May 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#68 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

Can I have the same deal for my Clan Mechs please.

I have purchased Invasion (Wave 1), Wave 2 and soon to be getting Wave 3.

So Extra variants of the mechs I already own (you know the ones you charged MC for and now C-bills) would be nice.

After all I thought we had Way too many IS players already.....??????

Play fair PGI (oh wait I play OP clan mechs, you cannot possibly need incentives to buy)

#69 fyurian

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

I have no problem resisting

#70 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

This is the dakka delivery to make up for Resistance2 shortage.

#71 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

Not buying Resistance 2 until I see the quirks. ALL the quirks. No quirks no deal. I don't care if you throw in a platinum Marauder II, I'm not buying any more mechs that random pug teammates look at and say "You're bringing THAT into a game???"

Let me refresh PGIs memory as to what quirks were originally put into the game to do. They were put into the game to balance superior clan tech vs. inferior IS tech. I don't expect something superior to clan mechs, but these mechs better have some quirks that at least put them in the same league. Resistance 1 mechs were not even close to that, with maybe the exception of the Enforcer 4R, which is a surprisingly good little brawler or laser poker, however you choose to build it. I will gladly look at new clan mechs PGI is selling because I can basically figure out for myself a lot of things that help me make the decision, but IS mechs *NEED* the quirks to compete with clan mechs. Without that information, I have no idea if I'm buying complete junk, or mechs I will actually use and play. I already have most of the Resistance 1 mechs cluttering up my mechlab screen, sitting around, collecting dust...

Edited by Skarlock, 13 May 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#72 Grazziano

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

I think the Panther dakka (Padakka? Pandakka? Pakka?Panakka?) build will be fun. I've "mastered" Panthers, and I'm currently eliting Enforcers, and I haven't touched my Grasshoppers or Zeus'. I don't have time for this I need more hours in the day

#73 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 13 May 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

Troll mech build confirmed.

Poor Raven-4X. :(

The 4X still has a 30% range buff for its ballistics... It might still beat out the Panther for this :P

#74 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostBulvar Jorgensson, on 13 May 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Can I have the same deal for my Clan Mechs please.

I have purchased Invasion (Wave 1), Wave 2 and soon to be getting Wave 3.

So Extra variants of the mechs I already own (you know the ones you charged MC for and now C-bills) would be nice.

After all I thought we had Way too many IS players already.....??????

Play fair PGI (oh wait I play OP clan mechs, you cannot possibly need incentives to buy)

Free Mad Dog....

#75 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

Feeling the love!

#76 Padre902

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

On the home page your banner ad is advertising an "Irrestible" deal - might want to update that.

#77 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

I had max already so I qualify, without the extra.

I have to say when I saw this I thought makes sense, doing for this what, PGI did for the clan, I wonder what mech it will be, might be a good one, or wow supposing this is how they are going to do hero's for wolverine or thud, if I'm right I hope its the wolverine that would so amazingly generous..

Then I saw what it was and I thought shrug, an extra mech each that only about 5% of the population are going to spend RL money on, if they didn't do it this way, so PGI have given me four mech bays, which I could have ground out by playing CW, geewiz....

I know I sound ungrateful, but after the Mad Dog and its free camo, its a bit ordinary..and hardly irresistible

Edited by Cathy, 13 May 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#78 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

I can't say any one of these mechs really have a purpose. The Panther can support amusing urbie-like troll builds. The hopper is just a rehash, still stuck with a 340 max engine. It is still a mediocre mech until it gets range quirks. The Zeus is an inferior 6T. It might be interest I ng if you can put an AC20 in the arm, but then it is just a so-so competitor with the Victor.

The Enforcer would be great IF it had jump jets. But it doesn't. Now it it just another Centurion wannabe.

All in all,

Edited by Greenjulius, 13 May 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#79 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

YAY!

#80 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

Pretty resistable tbh.

I'm still debating if I want the Crab (probably do), let alone going past that (probably won't).

R2 is really kinda boring, and I bought the Wolfhound for the fast light, and the Jager I didn't have yet, but wanted.
Crab is the Crab, which is great, but is it enough to spend RL monies on?

Still got 2-3 weeks to decide!

It is a nice little extra for those who have bought both anyway.

Now if only a bone could be thrown for those of use who've done Clan W2 + W3 and still get a worse deal than those buying just W3.

Edited by Ovion, 13 May 2015 - 07:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users