Irresistible Resistance Deal

131 replies to this topic

#21 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Meh nice gestures but another bonus mech like you did with mad dog and you would have had me. Most likely a lot of others too

#22 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Sweet. After the new artwork I went ahead and got the Mauler pack. Now it's looking like that was an even better decision. Several of the new models are intriguing. Unique geometry and skin?

#23 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

Pretty easy to resist IMO, I feel like pretty much the whole of the first Resistance pack was underwhelming. The problem lies not just in having over 100 mechs to choose from already in my hangar, but having a lot of mechs which are simply much better choices. Another reason is that most of the variants aren't much of a variation, so I pretty much ended up giving them different weapons to match different roles. In competitive play, though, most of them are wasted because they simply aren't competitive. In a straight 3/3/3/3 (or closest you can get to that) situation, the team that is heavier wins the majority of the time.

I just don't see much of a place for the Resistance 2 mechs or the bonus Resistance 1 mechs.

#24 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I gotta say... that Enforcer with an AC/20 sounds pretty boss :3

But, I don't have R1, and I'm.... 60% sure I'm not getting R2.... unless they announce before the end of May that they're bringing glowing atlas eyes back :P Cuz I said I would if they did in another thread.

#25 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

OK, I need clarification.

On the RES2 page for ordering, it says, and I will use the Mauler pack as that is what we have going on here in this announcment-
  • Mauler Chassis: 1 Special 'Resistance' Variant featuring a 30% C-Bill boost, a custom Pattern and Geometry, plus 2 Standard Variants
Now, it repeats that for the other 3 mechs, Black Knight, Crab, Wolfhound.

THEN, underneath it says:

EARLY ADOPTER REWARD
  • 1 additional Mauler Variant + Mech Bay
  • 1 additional Black Knight Variant + Mech Bay
  • 1 additional Crab Variant + Mech Bay
  • 1 additional Wolfhound Variant + Mech Bay

Then, a little farther down it says: 12 mech bays.

So wait now, the Mauler pack says we should get 3 mechs per chassis, and the preorder says we should get a bonus variant. Isn't that 4 mechs per chassis then? Shouldnt it show 16 mech bays?

So now if I ordr before the end of May, i will get 4 more mechs, from RES1.

So, am I right in saying this is 20 mechs and 20 mech bays? Or am I failing my reading comprehension, or is the page misleading me somehow?

Seriously PGI, someone should make this very clear for us. if this is 20 mechs and bays plus premium time etc for 80 dollars you should be promoting it like that at least at this time until the preorder bonus is expired. As it stands on the res2 page it looks like we get 12 mechbays which implies 12 mechs.
Someone put this in blunt terms for everyone PLZ.

#26 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Great comeback promotion after two uneventful weekends! The last weekend was little more than a poor attempt at kissing up to the entitlement Founders, leaving the majority of the community left out. I would have spent real dollars on buying a Founders Hunchback if they still made them though...

The only good variant of this group is the Grasshopper 5P. I'd consider the Enforcer a good mech if it had JJ.

#27 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostEldagore, on 12 May 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

OK, I need clarification.

On the RES2 page for ordering, it says, and I will use the Mauler pack as that is what we have going on here in this announcment-
  • Mauler Chassis: 1 Special 'Resistance' Variant featuring a 30% C-Bill boost, a custom Pattern and Geometry, plus 2 Standard Variants
Now, it repeats that for the other 3 mechs, Black Knight, Crab, Wolfhound.

THEN, underneath it says:

EARLY ADOPTER REWARD

So wait now, the Mauler pack says we should get 3 mechs per chassis, and the preorder says we should get a bonus variant. Isn't that 4 mechs per chassis then? Shouldnt it show 16 mech bays?

So now if I ordr before the end of May, i will get 4 more mechs, from RES1.

So, am I right in saying this is 20 mechs and 20 mech bays? Or am I failing my reading comprehension, or is the page misleading me somehow?

Seriously PGI, someone should make this very clear for us. if this is 20 mechs and bays plus premium time etc for 80 dollars you should be promoting it like that at least at this time until the preorder bonus is expired. As it stands on the res2 page it looks like we get 12 mechbays which implies 12 mechs.
Someone put this in blunt terms for everyone PLZ.

There will never be a preorder/bonus mech that doesn't come with a mechbay.

Edited by Kevjack, 12 May 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#28 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 12 May 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Zeus looks like a combination of two variants, I like the additional missile slots, since 3 x SRM4 is pretty potent, combine that with an LBX10 in the other arm and some Wub and you can probably eat up other chassis pretty quick.

As far as the arm's hardpoint inflation, yeah. The 5S is one of the two original Zeus prototypes, the other being the 5T. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how they seem to be adding prototype designs like the 0X lately.

#29 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

So if I order by say, May 20th (random date this month)

I get:
20 mechs and bays
90 days premium time
1 standing, 1 hanging, and 1 warhorn cockpit item
choice of 6 faction content things(paint, camo etc)

that is what i am seeing on the RES2 page anyway as i add all the randomly placed notes up from the page.

Follow up question:
I already chose faction content things from RES1. Do I get to choose 6 more? Obviously the paint is already unlocked(and I guess camo for whatever they unlocked it for) so it really would be additional cockpit items then. Do I get more? errrr, or no because i already chose them for RES1?

#30 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

So, if I buy the Mauler pack (which I was considering), I get 16x R2 'mechs and a new batch of R1 'mechs? Interesting ...

Let's assume for a moment that the 16x R2 'mechs didn't have me convinced to shell out $80, are the new R1 variants (which will be available for at some point) worth it?

- PNT-10P ... interesting, but not yet exciting (less hard points than the HUGINN, and no room for 2x ASRM-4) ... not sure how to build it to use the ballistics hard points and high engine cap ... we also thought the HUGINN was DOA before the quirkening ...

- ENF-4P ... basically a Yen-Lo Wang with more energy hard points and different hit boxes. If it had jump jets, it would flat out obsolete the YLW (I'm glad it doesn't), but it will challenge the YLW for the speedy AC/20 title, and it comes with more energy hardpoints ... I'd buy this.

- GHR-5P ... jumpy, big engine cap, eight head/torso-mounted energy hard points ... this has potential, but I honestly haven't figured out how much of a vulnerability arm-mounted weapons are for the GHR ... maybe.

- ZEU-5S ... an interesting hybrid between the ZEU-6S and ZEU-6T ... maybe.

OK ... as a pre-sale bonus, it's interesting, but it doesn't tip the scale one way or the other for me, yet.

I know there are going to be cries of "paywalls" and how the game it turning into "pay-to-win", but I don't see it, yet ... the Arctic Cheetah (and to a lesser extent, the Shadow cat) are going to be pretty close, but it's still "pay to play early" and "pay to not grind", and not really "pay to win" (until there are real rewards that can be earned with pre-sale-only 'mechs).

#31 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostEldagore, on 12 May 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

I get:
20 mechs and bays
90 days premium time

that is what i am seeing on the RES2 page anyway as i add all the randomly placed notes up from the page.

Follow up question:
I already chose faction content things from RES1. Do I get to choose 6 more? Obviously the paint is already unlocked(and I guess camo for whatever they unlocked it for) so it really would be additional cockpit items then. Do I get more? errrr, or no because i already chose them for RES1?

Yes, you'd get to choose more faction content. As this content would be applied to your new R2 mechs (as far as skins and such go) So, you just have a boat load of cockpit items/warhorns :P

#32 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostEldagore, on 12 May 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

EARLY ADOPTER REWARD

Hmmmmmm....
I think you just confused yourself dude...
  • PGI is just explicitly stating that the 4th variant comes with its OWN mechbay. Meaning they will not use up your empty available mechbays. Got to remember Mechbays normally cost REAL money in MWO.
  • 12 Mechbays... These are empty mech bays... Nothing in them...

Edited by ShinVector, 12 May 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#33 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostEldagore, on 12 May 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

I get:
20 mechs and bays
90 days premium time

Follow up question:

Don't forget that each Faction content comes with the Resistance 1 colors AND new Resistance 2 colors. As for the cockpit items, looks like the same warhorns, but standing and hanging will be new.

#34 Lokust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouthern Michigan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

So if we bought some resistance mechs with MC or Cbills we're pretty much out of luck I take it?

#35 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostLokust, on 12 May 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

So if we bought some resistance mechs with MC or Cbills we're pretty much out of luck I take it?

It's just for top tier of R1 + R2, so.... yeah. It's just like Wave 1 + 2 and got free Mad Dog.

#36 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

Free mechs. And they all have DHS, so actually free mechs. Woo.

#37 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

That panther... 2mg, ct missiles amd a 300engine cap is my kind of crazy. Hopefully one day it will come for cbills. I likey panthers but the rest from these packs dont really interest me other than the mauler.

#38 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

with the PNT-10P, ENF-4P and GRH-5P being PGI custom variants you would think the Grasshopper could mount ECM so the IS could FINALLY HAVE AN ECM HEAVY!!!!!

#39 DebaucheryNShenanigans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

PGI, this was another chance to introduce a IS ECM heavy or assault, we could utilise in CW, that wasn't a 100t turtle.

again, the Hellbringer trumps IS.

Enforcer build can be easily replicated on centurion or blackjack DC
Grasshopper build of 8 E already exists
Zeus Build already exists...
and a 35t with ballistics, PASS....

thanks but no thanks.

#40 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

Damnit! I told you I'm buying Resistance 2 when I get paid, which is Friday (15th)! I don't need any more reasons to convince me! It's entirely out of my hands! Geeeeeeez!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users