• Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostFupDup, on 12 May 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

I can resist it.

Agreed.

No quirk info - no me importa.

There's no way I'm sinking another 60 bucks (already got Wolfie) on another disappointing IS mech pack, especially if the "cherry on top" mechs are pretty uninspiring themselves.

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostInRev, on 12 May 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

Agreed.

No quirk info - no me importa.

There's no way I'm sinking another 60 bucks (already got Wolfie) on another disappointing IS mech pack, especially if the "cherry on top" mechs are pretty uninspiring themselves.

This is the problem. They are uninspiring so you don't want them.

If they were inspiring, "POWER CREEP!!"

I actually think the only one that could potentially be the best in chassis is the Grasshopper. The rest bring something interesting to the table, but are objectively inferior.

#44 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 12 May 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

with the PNT-10P, ENF-4P and GRH-5P being PGI custom variants you would think the Grasshopper could mount ECM so the IS could FINALLY HAVE AN ECM HEAVY!!!!!

Next Tuesday, dood >_> ECM Cataphract comes out.

And for all of you clever ironic people out there claiming you can resist the deal...

You do realize, the title is a play on words more so than a deal that can't be beat, right? >_> Resistance pack, Irresistible Deal...

#45 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Sweet, free bonus mechs. Thanks for the reward PGI. Now if you could just provide us with 'bonus' modules like you have with the last couple waves. I could really use another radar derp :D

#46 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

Sry PGI, I do not need 4 variants of the same mech to sit in my garage.. ..with already over 150 mechs, only three variants suffice for me personally..

Just a thought that others may be the same.. ..so perhaps other enticing content could be offered in future promotions? Modules perhaps? Free hero variant maybe? Idk... anything other than a fourth variant... :P

#47 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

Wow, it's actually a pretty sweet deal, though this time I'll pass. The Resistance 2 collection is too laser heavy, thus too boring for my taste.

#48 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

Nice

#49 Johndar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSome place I shouldn't be

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

I'm waiting for the STONE RHINO! (If you played MW2 GBL you'll get that reference) Thanks PGI, more mechs! I already have more than I could feasibly drive(~130) but I'm more of a mech collector than warrior now.

#50 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

I can't resist! I already wanted to buy Mauler pack just because of those early adopters rewards, now I want to buy it even more!

That 300 max engine rating on Panther looks really good. I will probably do something like a smaller version of MG Centurion-AH, 2xSRM4 and 2xMG. I am already saving up for XL 300 for some other 'mechs, so this is actually playing into my hand.

AC/20 on Enforcer looks really appealing to me, though a lack of jumpjets is a bit of a bummer to me. At least I will get another 20 damage after slapping on 4 medium lasers, I will definitely switch to XL engine, that's a no brainer.

Mother of Grasshoppers, that one looks good on papers. I hope it gets LPL quirks, cuz I really want to do 2xLPL and 6xML on this one. I have a bit of a problem with other variants having those energy hardpoints in the arms, I tend to use them as shields, bad habit of mine.

I am kinda meh about the Zeus, since I haven't really figured out how to play them. Could be also because I'm a terrible assault pilot. It's because I'm thinking: "Oh, an Assault mech. I can receive tons of damage and still be OK." I guess that doesn't apply to 80-tonners.

Still, I am so happy that I will get 32 'mechs for 160$, that is one amazing deal, since I plan to play for the next 2 years at least. This game is the only game I spent my money on last year (if I don't count the PS+ subscription), and that will probably apply for this year too. Thank you PGI, you're doing awesome job! Though I still want that Cicada-3F as soon as possible!

Edited by Danielio97, 12 May 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#51 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

A 35 ton mech with 2x AC2 and no energy slot?
That is ridiculously bad! But I want it!

If only I can move the JJ to the Enforcer, I could built a 10 ton heavier Clint.

#52 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:06 PM

Okay, fine, I'll buy the Resistance 2 pack. Who needs a nest egg when you can have virtual Mechs with no real-world value whatsoever?

Just don't make the new Enforcer superior to the HBK-4G, that would give people reason to argue power creep.

I'm hoping for a lower AC/20 cooldown bonus and no quirk bonuses to torso turn rate. That will make it a Hunchie-Yen-Lo hybrid that isn't better than either of the 2 in any way. Just a good in-between mech.
A lowered max engine could help as well, but we'll see. As long as they don't make it as good as or better than the Hunchie (when it comes to quirks) then I will be happy.

Thank you for the added bonus PGI! This is what I needed to push me into the buyzone again!

#53 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

Damn I totally can't resist buying both top packages just to get that awesome Panther with 2 ballistics in one arm and 2 CT missiles.

*Kappa*

I guess it's nice for people who already own the packages, but I've learned my lessons with that Overlord package : I'll never buy a pack if i'm not 100% sure i want to play every single mech in it. Because when I start, I have to finish at least all 3 variants elited... yeah, I elited the 3 Overlord package Locusts, without quirks, and during the glorious HGN/Victor era. And I PAID for it. Never again PGI.

Edited by Cervantes88, 12 May 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#54 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:54 PM

The extra attention for the regular buyers (and supporter of MWO) is greatly appreciated. I just think, that it would be fair to give not only the top buyers an extra, but to all buyers of the 2 Resistance packages (on whatever level) an incentive.
You could just take the the package with the lower tier somebody bought as base and give the incentive on this base. E.g. somebody bought Resistance 1 Tier 2 and Resistance 2 Tier 3, the base would be Tier 2 and he would get the Panther and Enforcer...

#55 trajan331

• PipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

I can resist. The Mauler looks impressive but, the rest of resistance II is all energy which is boring.

#56 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

View Posttrajan331, on 13 May 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

I can resist. The Mauler looks impressive but, the rest of resistance II is all energy which is boring.

+1

#57 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

hmm, the Panther, first I was pretty happy a Panther with an higher engine cap (300 instead of 250) then I saw the hardpoints. 2 missile hp in center torso (so 2 SRM 4 or 2 LRM 5 max) and 2 ballistic hp in the right arm, no energy hp whatsoever. That is not the loadout I would imagine for my Panther.

#58 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

The Panther... finally as fast as the other 35t lights with its 300 engine cap. But those hardpoints... well, I hope it gets some of the Huginn quirks.

#59 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

View Postxengk, on 12 May 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

A 35 ton mech with 2x AC2 and no energy slot?

A pure shame the ballistic points are in the arms. It would have been hilarious to see a jumping Panther sporting an AC20 were the hardpoints in the shoulder or if the arm and hand actuators could have been removed ;)

It does have room, however, to sport a Gauss Rifle :D :D

Edited by Novawrecker, 13 May 2015 - 12:59 AM.

#60 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostNovawrecker, on 13 May 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

It can, however, sport a Gauss Rifle :D :D

Troll mech build confirmed.

Poor Raven-4X. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic