• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:18 AM

Guys,

I loved parts of CW Beta 1 fights we had. I hadn't understood exactly how good Kurita had it for fights until we had no fights anymore. I now think I understand the emptiness Marik's must feel with so little to do. I loathed Smoke Jag when you got the MERC stack and stomped Kurita (when NS then started our Davion vengeance campaign). I now understand after having the MERC stack recently (we apparently have several sugardaddies in Kurita) how boring it can be for units which actually like to fight in CW.

Right now Kurita is largely devoid of MERCs ... at least large groups of MERCs anyway. So fair fights can be had now with Kurita. NKVA is taking a tour of the inner sphere and NS is about to take a tour of IS and yes likely clans as well.

So ... lets bring back the good times we once had. Where you often had the edge and pushed towards Luthien. That was WWWAAAYYY more fun that us having -MS- and or 228th stomp the crap out of you.

6RNT/Arkab/3TL/9SD/11th/36th/QAR are ready for some good fights.

#2 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

The Clanners have gone to the salt mines. You won't see them around for a long time. Most of them, anyway. Seems to be a third faction among them, they have Crusaders, Wardens and Refunders.

I wonder, should I ask PGI for a discount on the Wave 3 packs? They must have lots of surplus right now.

Edited by Roland09, 19 May 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#3 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 19 May 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

So ... lets bring back the good times we once had. Where you often had the edge and pushed towards Luthien. That was WWWAAAYYY more fun that us having -MS- and or 228th stomp the crap out of you.

It seems that the Clan units that are still playing are with the Falcons now. So if you want fights, you should switch to Steiner.

CSJ is ded.

#4 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 19 May 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

It seems that the Clan units that are still playing are with the Falcons now. So if you want fights, you should switch to Steiner.

CSJ is ded.

Honestly that sucks to hear. I pointed out inside of HK High Council that having us stomp so hard with the early MERC rush wasn't terribly productive so soon after Tukayyid. Steiner is currently super stacked I think I would rather go Jade Falcon than pile onto the already large pile.

#5 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

Would work as well - if the Falcons can hold, I might join in as well, once my current contract runs out.

But CW really needs some fixes badly.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Despite the upcoming Timberwolf+Stormcrow nerfs, I'm pretty sure we'll adapt to it and not complain about it as much (you know... those mechs had it good for a while).

Gotta do something amusing with the time.

#7 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 19 May 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Guys,

I loved parts of CW Beta 1 fights we had. I hadn't understood exactly how good Kurita had it for fights until we had no fights anymore. I now think I understand the emptiness Marik's must feel with so little to do. I loathed Smoke Jag when you got the MERC stack and stomped Kurita (when NS then started our Davion vengeance campaign). I now understand after having the MERC stack recently (we apparently have several sugardaddies in Kurita) how boring it can be for units which actually like to fight in CW.

Right now Kurita is largely devoid of MERCs ... at least large groups of MERCs anyway. So fair fights can be had now with Kurita. NKVA is taking a tour of the inner sphere and NS is about to take a tour of IS and yes likely clans as well.

6RNT/Arkab/3TL/9SD/11th/36th/QAR are ready for some good fights.

Unfortunately SA will be leaving CSJ more then likely for the next few weeks. So not much of a chance here, and yes the MERC issues really exacerbated an already prevalent problem CSJ dealt with from day one and that is a SUPER low Population/ player base of our faction.

SO we are off to toy with over quirked IS mechs and try to reap the benefits that the MERC's have been for a long time. Being loyal did nothing but burn us out and limit our fun. Should have even been an option if there was no real reward.

But come the Wave 3 launch you will see SA back in the CSJ corridor IF we DO in fact leave for a tour. So until then Loyal Kurtian Warriors....until then.

Seyla!

#8 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yup Derp left a week ago... you have nothing left to fight that way. Either fight Davion or switch i guess.

#9 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sorry to hear that guys. Well good luck. Time to convince some remaining members that clan trials aren't all that bad. :)

#10 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

BTW ... apparently I am some big troll and this is a troll post. I certainly didn't intend it that way. I merely recognized Smoke Jag being where Kurita was late Jan / Feb early on. If some of you want to take offense to this or think I am trolling ... go right ahead. I've only experienced GGs for the most part against Smoke Jags and generally have nothing but respect for them. I can't however help or fix bitter people. (most are fine but a few need to get out and breathe a little air)

#11 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:35 AM

I will not miss CSJ corridor while SA is away, if we do decide to take a vacation in IS space. It will be nice to dust off my King Crab and twin Dragons. But once we come back afterwards, I cannot wait to fight you rascals yet again.

Edited by signal, 20 May 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#12 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

A change in CW mechanics would bring me right back to the same enthusiasm as I had before. Honestly this mechanic stinks and is the reason i am not playing. Has nothing to do with anything else....not nerfs or buffs or even the players.

CW is NOT FUN right now for me...no sugar coating needed.

I would LOVE to be back in Kurita space fighting my way to Terra but its rather impossible with a small faction and lack of interest.

Wave 3 may reignite the flame inside me...i hope.

But in NO WAY did i take this as a Troll attempt, you are not a member of NKVA after all.... :P

And those who are need to settle down, this is a game and we are here to have fun. Crockdaddy is just doing the same thing to assure his Unit has a good time each night they log on. I commend you for that sir and you did it without screaming "Clams is OP".

Edited by DarthRevis, 20 May 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#13 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

But Clams are OP!? Johnny Z said so!

#14 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:30 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 19 May 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

BTW ... apparently I am some big troll and this is a troll post. I certainly didn't intend it that way. I merely recognized Smoke Jag being where Kurita was late Jan / Feb early on. If some of you want to take offense to this or think I am trolling ... go right ahead. I've only experienced GGs for the most part against Smoke Jags and generally have nothing but respect for them. I can't however help or fix bitter people. (most are fine but a few need to get out and breathe a little air)

Nope never thought you were trolling. prolly someone else. Sorry you got reported. :(

#15 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 20 May 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

A change in CW mechanics would bring me right back to the same enthusiasm as I had before. Honestly this mechanic stinks and is the reason i am not playing. Has nothing to do with anything else....not nerfs or buffs or even the players.

What changes do you think would help CW? I see a lot of people complaining but not many offer solutions... (I'm not a CW player, that's why I'm asking)

#16 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

Something to discourage population stacking is what I would want.

My proposal was limit the number of 1 and 2 week contracts. Keep unlimited 1 month and perm contracts though.

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:21 AM

View Postreign, on 21 May 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

My proposal was limit the number of 1 and 2 week contracts. Keep unlimited 1 month and perm contracts though.

Something like that should be done. House governements do not have infinite money to hire all the Inner Sphere merc units at the same time for long periods of time i suppose..

#18 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

View Postreign, on 21 May 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

OK, that's a suggestion.

I suppose the greatest problems with CW are:
1- few people playing CW;
2- unbalance in player numbers through the factions.

I think raising the rewards would help solving both problems. The rewards for higher faction ranks should really worth it. Substantial prizes in C-Bills, MCs, house painting schemes, house colors, cosmetic items and even mechs could bring more players to CW. Making the prizes for higher ranks much better would also help keeping people inside the same faction, instead of encouraging switching factions (like the current system does). More (happy) people playing = smaller waiting times. Win/win situation.

Edited by Odanan, 21 May 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#19 Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

A ban on joining the faction, when this faction there are a lot of players

Edited by Volkodav, 21 May 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#20 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostOdanan, on 21 May 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

What changes do you think would help CW? I see a lot of people complaining but not many offer solutions... (I'm not a CW player, that's why I'm asking)

Honestly, I am quite unsure.

Limiting the sing ups per faction per day would be a great start, this would stagger merc units and keep them from rushing to the most lucrative faction all the time.
The new mechnics were made to HELP lower pop factions but actually just hurt us more(hurt big groups too but not as much). In 3 hours of CW play last night my 12 man managed to take 2 pips. So by those maths its takes like 10 hours for us as one 12 to take a planet which is impossible due to ceasefires and available times for players. The useless defenses HAVE to go, there is nothing fun or cool about wasting my time even in a trivial thing such as a video game.

Another issue I have is the maps and spawn points....PUGS and Thrown together teams seem to have a hard time remvoing spawn campers and preserving the DS areas. This need to be addressed so PUGs can actually get into the action and IMO would help with keeping them in games longer both being a living fighting pilot for your team as well as not rage quiting and QQing on the forums.

The original mechnics were better and worse at the same time, it favored the quickest team to ready and get their mode which is lame because there was no explanation of this and a lot of player still dont understand how the first one worked. But this version is painful, useless drops for a single 12 man trying to make a difference is silly when its hard enough for us already at least with the old mechnics we had a shot at rushing gens and readying up as fast as we could to assure at LEAST we tagged one planet a night. Now it would take the whole ceasefire...

I have given a few ideas to RE DO cw but I dont know how to fix this...there is not much to fix IMO. Just bag it and start over...

Lore is moot so why not chuck some more out anyway...

I'd rather see a point system and NO pips. just let matches go on the planets tally up the win and losses and to the victor goes the spoils. Once you win the planet change the system to a defense only kinda thing where for One 24 hour period the team that just tagged the planet just DEFENDED it. If you lost it before the 24 hours were up you have a little cooldown before you can take it again. If you keep it for the 24 hour period the Defenders who just lost it would have the 24 hour cooldown THUS moving us around the map fighting over different planets each day.

Im at work...so that might be gibberish since im trying to work and forum warrior at the same time. LOLZ :lol:

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 May 2015 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users