140 replies to this topic

#81 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Can you give any info on implementation plans for the Clans?

For context, from sarna.net:

The Clan Invasion (known to the Clans as Operation Revival) refers to the massive Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere, commencing with the arrival of Clans Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost Bear, and Smoke Jaguar in the near, coreward Periphery (The Rift and The Draconian Drift) in August, 3049.

Based on current game time, this is approximately when the Founders' access to the beta begins.

#82 Jalen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Regarding the acquisition of new mechs and weapons, will your House alignment or faction status determine availability and/or cost?

#83 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Will you allow the MOL community to create custom skins/camo's that can be voted on and then have you the Dev's place those skins/camo's into the game? I created skins & camo patterns for a lot of the Mecktek meck packs for MP1 threw MP4 as I was part of their art team and Alpha & Beta tester. With the skins being voted on and then with your aproval it let us help you to create content without tieing up your team. Its a win-win for everyone. You get free content and we get even more buy in to your product.

#84 Whiski

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationSt. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Will MWO support Track Ir?

#85 WM Atimar

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

I havent seen any info on this Yet or anyone asking But .. What type of Game modes will be available ??

#86 Uri Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

1a. How are you going to avoid horrible game imbalances from double heat sinks?
1b. Will people be able to retrofit an existing mech with double heat sinks (particularly those built into the engine)?

I think this one's bad enough that I'm going to make a (personally depressing) radical suggestion - make (IS spec) double heat sinks available to everyone at minimal cost from the start. It'll mean we're looking at 3050 refits rather than 3025 originals (sob), but it'll avoid horrible problems with haves vs have-nots.

You'll probably then have to do something to avoid rampant laser-boating, especially at lighter weights (where you're looking at 20 free heat sinks from the engine) - though hardpoint restrictions may cover that. Canon variants like the HBK-4P are a problem, though... remaking that with double heat sinks instantly leaves you with 11 tons of extra capacity (and plenty of crits to play with)... why would anyone want a stock HBK-4G in that scenario?

The only other option is to nerf double heat sinks... but that just kills way too many 3050+ canon mech designs. I'm assuming that's not an option.

2. Does doubling armour mean you're doubling ammo? If not, why won't people drop all ammo-based weapons? And I'm back to laser-boats again.

#87 Laserkid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationRural Southern Illinois

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Where can we find statistics on how many and what typeof founder's pack have been purchased? No Guts no galaxy listed a number of hundred, I suspect alot more since a vast magority of people who know about this game are battletech/mechwarrior vets and have their own money to pay with and don't bother with the forums.

#88 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Will we be seeing the 70 ton variants of this new Jagermech?

Edited by Vulpesveritas, 04 July 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#89 Xytaglyph

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

How will the timescale work in this game? One month per ingame year or what?

#90 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

I know you said Faction, Coreward, and Border Worlds will be about eliminating the other team. In the future, is there any chance that you could mix that attrition along with other tasks such as: destroying, defending, and/or capturing certain objects so the player's mech class can feel more valuable in the field other than finding and destroying mechs all the time? lf so, would you make them into primary and secondary objectives like the former (attrition) as a Secondary Objective and the latter(destroying, defending, and/or capturing certain objects) as a Primary Objective for example? Thank you for your time.

Edited by Will9761, 05 July 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#91 Emporer

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Will be there other cabilities to pay for the Founders Program or Elite later in the Game?

I dont own a credit card and dont trust "PayPal" anymore.

"Paysafecard" for example is easy to get anywhere and unproblematic to handle, most F2P Games offer this option meanwhile.

Btw im from Europe/Austria.

Edited by Emporer, 04 July 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#92 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostAtimar, on 04 July 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

I havent seen any info on this Yet or anyone asking But .. What type of Game modes will be available ??

In one of the videos this is talked about. I think it's in one of the Q&As or a previous "Ask the Devs" as well. Short version is the game modes are team vs team base capture with no respawns and a hot drop version where each team gets 3 respawns.

View PostXytaglyph, on 04 July 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

How will the timescale work in this game? One month per ingame year or what?

This has been answered. It's a 1:1 ratio. 1 day is 1 day in the game universe and we start August 7th, 3049 in-game.

#93 England Christifori

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationStratford

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Sorry if any of these have been answered before:
  • What are your criteria for selecting one mech over another? Is it based on iconic mechs of Battletech, mechs that suit a role for each class, or something different?
  • How do you feel about the Luongo contract now in Vancouver? ;)

Edited by England Christifori, 04 July 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#94 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Asked this a few times, felt the need to ask again. What are the options planned for converting to the Clan Factions once they become an option? I assume they will be an option because you guys keep saying this is pure PvP and no PvE, so no AI. Also, I gotta say, a Name Change option would be nice.

#95 ExAstris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

How will upgrading a mech with single heat sinks to double heat sinks work? Will an expensive engine need to be purchased that has double heat sinks built in, or will mechs only be able to add double heat sinks as equipment on to mechs whose engines all have only the standard built in set of 10 single heat sinks? Or wil MWO feature a larger variety of engines that provide different amounts of heat dissipation as an additional variable in the normal mass/speed equation?

#96 Zainredding

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

1)Simulator
2)Battle Recorder
3)Battle Recorder(that's right twice)
4)DOT's?

A simulator you say? Yes i did. I would rather not have to test my configs for my mechs on a hot drop. It would be nice to have a place to test config's againt non-player mechs and also not have to worry about ammo and damage that you need to replace/repair.

Battle recorder works in many ways, the obvious one is the ability to record your battle and play it back. Yes fraps is ever present and we can use it but you may want to consider your own version of it. But other than just a 1st Person video of your battle more importantly, I would like a wire frame, top down view of the whole map. This would allow a much more helpful after action report and show both sides of the action.

Battle recorder 2 is more stats based. We will need to be able to see what our wespons are doing in combat. Usually handled 3rd party and rinky dinky at best why not give the player what they want up front eh? wink wink nudge nudge. Say no more.

Dot's. Yes and this is a serious one ladies and gents. After watching the videos and seeing how laser Damage is applied (at least visually) I am curious if lasers are damage over time weapons or if they will apply their full damage to the first impacted point. In the videos it is easy to see most of the laser's fire in about 2 seconds. They end up slashing across several sections of mech armor leaving an obvious trail behind. Now this is most likely just a clarification but when and were is the damage applied. Are they DOT's and you are spreading the damage out or do they inflict their damage at the begining or the end? Also how will latency fit in to that equation. inquiring minds want to know.

#97 SaltySarge

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHutto, Texas, USA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

What balance feature will be available for players that are having a rough time staying alive and continually keep getting their only Mech blown up? Will players at the end of each mission be able to afford these increasing repair costs to keep any play-ability?

Possible Situation: Player A is having a rough start and has had his/her Mech blast apart for the last X number of games. Sure Player A can continue to have minimum repairs done to keep the Mech alive but it is probably sitting around a one to two hit glass jaw without the funds to fully repair.

#98 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Can you shed light to what happened to change the focus from 3015 to 3049 in the years past, why the change had to occur?

#99 TekN0Slave

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

can you make a perma spot to find the desktop wallpapers either somewhere in the forums or on the media links for the website. Not that i need them more than once but searching through them all was kind of a pain and I'm sure others would appreciate it

#100 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

View PostSquareSphere, on 03 July 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Will we have the ability to "test drive" a mech before a purchase?

Answer 'Yes' to this one please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users