83 replies to this topic

#21 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

reward adjustments are good for shifting current population, not creating more population which is what is needed

want to create population? 1mil CB bonus for everybody could unleash the floodgates

#22 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

So why do House units with a faction setting of permanent get penalized?
would it not make more sense to adjust these bonuses for the temporary Merc units only ie: any thing that is not permanent?
After all its not like any of the house units are going to change factions, it is more likely they will just quit playing CW since you really get no reward for being in a permanent contract.

#23 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 May 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

this will not bring back anyone PGI. revert your quirks on the TBR and Stormcrow that or fix clan Uacs

lol clans have been dead since the reset was announced

#24 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

Want me to play CW?

Fix balance issues - stop chasing the meta, and build a balanced state of the game that the meta can safely revolve around.

I don't care if you pay me an additional 300k cbills a match, if I'm not having fun, then I could not care less. And being beat up on by superquirks & magic card consumables ad nauseum isn't fun.

I could live with not having in-depth stuff, the repetition & grind and all that, if I could have fun playing a basic, normal match.

Edited by Telmasa, 20 May 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#25 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

It's pretty funny to see all the shocked Kuritans and Steiners in this thread. When these two factions were hemorrhaging planets in the last beta, it wasn't a problem that they had greater rewards than factions that were ahead. Awww, poor Kurita, you're really in dire need of players to help defend and need the incentive to attract players again! Oh, no wait, you've pushed your only attacker down to nothing but their home planet, and every single clan has lost planets.

There is no invasion, there is no incentive to play CW. I don't get what's so hard to understand about the fact that PGI are trying to get people to play in the factions that have no players? Is this a bad, band-aid fix? Sure. But unlike most of PGI's hasty fixes, this one is minor, and easily undone, with precedent for reversals frequently in the past.

#26 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

For all factions.

win: 250k Cbills - 500LP
loss: 100k Cbills - 200LP

Any Ghost drop: 200k - 300LP bonus to make up for lack of enemies to shoot at.

Seriously PGI I spent 6 minutes in a pug game yesterday with my King Crab. 398+k Cbills (with PT) vs 15 minutes for a ghost drop or up to 30 for an actual match it is almost no contest. Coupled with difficult to achieve and pointless goals (taking planets) it is no wonder people are not playing CW.

The last 2 CW events proved people will play CW if the rewards are higher. How much proof do you need. More people = more games. Faction population problem solved.

#27 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Here's a crazy idea:

Stop letting mercs fight for the Clans. Find another way to balance this mess without insulting the lore.

Too bad we can't just reboot and start in 3025; now THAT would be fun. Forget the Clan invasion; the core of Battletech is House vs House.

Edited by Drake Morgan, 20 May 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#28 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

Ah, PGI balance is achieved yet again.

#29 IceHawk00

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEllwood City, PA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

View Postkuritakun, on 20 May 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

give enough compensation and incentive to play cw win or lose and youll see a resurgence of players playin it, now its just not enough and just a waste of time

THIS!

I think the LP system should payout what it currently does on a loss, and double (or quadruple!) that on a win. A huge investment in time, the crap rewards, the nearly guaranteed loss as a lone wolf against a premade, and now the neutering of 2 of the most viable clan CW mechs makes this ridiculously unattractive for any clan.

#30 IceHawk00

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEllwood City, PA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 20 May 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

reward adjustments are good for shifting current population, not creating more population which is what is needed

want to create population? 1mil CB bonus for everybody could unleash the floodgates

I like your thinking. I know it would definitely make me participate even as a PUG player

#31 Cruor Viridis

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

PGI looks at good ideas on the forum:

#32 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 20 May 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

I think the ENTIRE CW SYSTEM NEED A REDESIGN !

It would be better if ANY planet within 1 jump (30 lightyears) with a jumpship of the border can be RAIDED ( without changing its owner ! )
Posted Image
And at least twice per month there should be events ( similar to the Battle of Tukayyid, but smaller ) for changing ownership of planets.

Edited by M E X, 20 May 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#33 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

Here are we playing Pin the tail on the DONKEY....????

PGI your system of loyalty based rewards should be based on TIME SERVED, in a faction not a loyalty bonus you get for SELLING YOURSELF to the biggest reward giver.

You have managed to alienate so many players with this type of system that most will not even play CW as the game mode is SURAT POOP, and mercs have way too much power.

and to all those players who say if you cannot beat them join them, we asking PGI to change the name/LORE to MERCWARRIOR (thought maybe that is the plan)

#34 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

If you want to increase the population fix what was broke that made everyone leave....

*pssst it was when the defense/attack mechanics changed*

We spent 3 hours playing tonight and only got 3 grids of a planets before we had to stop....its as if we were really on a starship flying there and then walking to the base. I can drive into Philly and back in less time then it takes to take a planet in this game

CW is dead because its not FUN and stupid the clan Nerfs were just the icing on the cake. Time for me to go play other games for a while.

#35 102_devill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

Regardless of whether you play CW or not; why would you at all care about this insignificant change of 50 LPs when you need to grind millions? I mean, there is a difference of a couple of orders of magnitude here! Who the hell cares???

#36 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

Nerfing us and then adjusting rewards in the hope we hop on the train again?
Nah man. Clans are more or less done with CW at the moment.
Your fault. Your turn.

#37 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 May 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

this will not bring back anyone PGI. revert your quirks on the TBR and Stormcrow that or fix clan Uacs

I don't think this is related to the clanquirk changes, people are contracted and do not cut those contracts just because of a mech balance.

The Tukkayid event still makes me feel burned out, SO I may need still 2 weeks before playing more MWO again.

#38 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

Such BS, cant even get a game, now your going to give me less cbills for playing, say what!!!???

#39 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

CW what?

#40 Yziel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

Nice try... give us some mechs that aren't horribly outclassed instead and we might play CW xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users