#41 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostNinjah, on 22 May 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

Did you not notice that 4N and 9S got nerfed as well? I'm not complaining and I have both variants ready in my dropdeck.

Do you see a 30% increase beam durration for the 9S or 4N?
No.... no you didn't....

#42 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

Sometimes, I'm happy and careless. Sometimes world seems to be not that bad. But then I visit mmwomercs.com/forums and I realise how much pain and suffering there is in this world. This is always a shocking experience. The sheer number questions that spring into my mind will possibly explode my head one day...

Do I have a moral right to have fun from the game, when so many suffer pain and anxiety over the nerf of stormcrow and timberwolf?
Should I take pleasure from playing CW every now and then, when so many people's lives are ruined with its state of unfinishness and slow development?
Did I just help to fund a machine of oppression by spending 7 bucks on some MC for my selfish purposes?
Is me being currently on clan side does not make me a tool in hands fo the devs, do I unintentionally bellitle the pain of those unfortunate clanners cheated away from having fun in their mechs?

And in general, is having fun from MWO morally justifiable? Can I weight my own entertainment over the pain and suffering of people who got their lifes ruined by hideous backstabbing PGI policy of buffing weak mechs and nerfing best ones?

#43 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

I will be playing my new timberwolf but I will not drop in CW never liked it and now I have a reason not to play I'd rather smash people in Public matches besides i alread have the dagger stuff don't need more.

C-bills I can make up in my spare time Gxp same MC not worth a penny because my clan mechs are getting nerfed into none-existence.

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 May 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#44 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 22 May 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Heck, I have been boycotting CW for some time now, where you been? :D

I am convinced gamers need to do what we used to do, get a game system and make our own CW. Used to be a time when gamers did that, now it seems like a lost art creativity.

When I played D&D, CBT and other games, if my group wanted something like CW, we made it and played in it. Players of different groups gathered at game stores and conventions to compare and learn from each other on how to do game worlds.

CW was supposed to be that but instead of different groups with their own version, we are all supposed to play in one. Took a lot from some players to sacrifice their own personal designs and touches to play in The One True Sphere and The One True Sphere is not doing well.

I recall when people wanted stock matches, did PGI make those? Nope, the community did.
There are still a few other outside events going on.
We have more tools to make our own CW than CW players do, just no one has tried.

Wish we could mod MWO. Oh it would be so much better...

#45 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:58 AM

MRBC only allows 2 clan mechs per team more can only be added if the two parties agree.

Clan mechs are probly not allowed in torunaments people need to set up clan only tourneys

#46 Grazziano

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

I'll be playing in this event, time allowing. I'll be bringing my Hunchback, Enforcer, Grasshopper and Ilya. I'm not taking these mechs because they are meta and super OP, but because I enjoy playing them (and two of them still need to be mastered). Will I get ROFLstomped occasionally? Probably. Do I care? Not so much. I'll be gunning for the 80 points per match because I want free stuff. and it's FUN. Thats kind of why I play games.....you know.... for fun. I save my complaining for my job :P (What do you mean I forgot my TPS report?) Hopefully, Clanners, I'll see you on the battlefield.

#47 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 22 May 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

Sometimes, I'm happy and careless. Sometimes world seems to be not that bad. But then I visit mmwomercs.com/forums and I realise how much pain and suffering there is in this world. This is always a shocking experience. The sheer number questions that spring into my mind will possibly explode my head one day...

Do I have a moral right to have fun from the game, when so many suffer pain and anxiety over the nerf of stormcrow and timberwolf?
Should I take pleasure from playing CW every now and then, when so many people's lives are ruined with its state of unfinishness and slow development?
Did I just help to fund a machine of oppression by spending 7 bucks on some MC for my selfish purposes?
Is me being currently on clan side does not make me a tool in hands fo the devs, do I unintentionally bellitle the pain of those unfortunate clanners cheated away from having fun in their mechs?

And in general, is having fun from MWO morally justifiable? Can I weight my own entertainment over the pain and suffering of people who got their lifes ruined by hideous backstabbing PGI policy of buffing weak mechs and nerfing best ones?

If you are having fun then revel in it! If not, spew diatribe across the inner sphere and periphery! That is the MWO way!

#48 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 May 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

No.... no you didn't....

You didn't see it for any Clan 'mechs either - unless you deliberately took the Timber Wolf A's disproportionately nerfed left torso as well as all the most-nerfed pods in other locations for a total of 8 energy hardpoints. My Timber Wolves weigh in at 5 energy hardpoints each, with a 15% penalty. Which is still a meaningful number - but let's be completely honest here.

#49 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

Haven't played the event to busy at the bar watching the cavs beat down the hawks

speaking of beat down

how bout those fighting green turkeys, two planets captured tonight at 90%, most progress out of ANY clan!

Edited by Grimwill, 22 May 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#50 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

View PostGumon Choji, on 21 May 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

The game needed to get the boring clan drop decks under control. So this is good. It was not fun to play only the same mech. If you do not want the nerfs play a variety. They specifically said the quirks were to deal with the current "lazer vomit meta"
Editing how mechs play can be good. The goal of PGI should be fun and increasing diversity of game play. One way to do this is have people play different mechs. This I support. I support seeing other mechs then mad dogs and storm crows being exclusively used. I honestly would like to see teams of 12 that have drop decks with 8 to 10 different mechs per drop. Not only the same chassis. Much like I am tired of seeing IS with stalkers, and firestarters. It is boring to always fight the same thing. So play some other mechs and tear it up with them. The nerfs are because everyone is playing the same thing and fighting all the same mechs on either side is lame. If the mech stinks bad enough they will buff it. So for the event if you want to protest have everyone play something terrible and get good quirks.

I personally like positive quirks most but when you have the best mech in the game it is easier to edit one then every other one. Again if drop dechs were diversified this quirk pass must change.

PS using it to farm says you get more kills then others and thus it is not balanced.
pps I say this as a player who has every non founder set and most of the hero mechs with some duplicates. Thus I do not want them to stink but to again see more place for diversity.

OMG! You are so right! Why did I not think of that? I will immediately change faction and go play with my Thunderbolts, Wolverines and Dragons! Yes, yes, it will be such a surprise to my opponents, seeing such rarely used mechs in the field! I will truly feel original and "diversive".

#51 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

You realize you left out the Stalkers and Firestarters, right?

#52 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 May 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

You didn't see it for any Clan 'mechs either - unless you deliberately took the Timber Wolf A's disproportionately nerfed left torso as well as all the most-nerfed pods in other locations for a total of 8 energy hardpoints. My Timber Wolves weigh in at 5 energy hardpoints each, with a 15% penalty. Which is still a meaningful number - but let's be completely honest here.

True, lets be completely honest; A week ago Tbr A was introduced for real money in the gift store. Players who like to support the game and/or are timberwolf fans go and buy it. One week later PGI "slaps" them in the face. Tbr A, not so much fun anymore. Also, lets see; Tbr, a 75 ton heavy mech utilising 5 negatively quirked energy hardpoints vs 6+ hardpoints positively quirked for most IS heavies.

#53 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 21 May 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Gonna be like 20 plus hours to get those 50 points for the personal challenge.....

How do you figure? Stack four Invasion mechs, play 13 matches...6 hours maybe.

#54 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 May 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

You realize you left out the Stalkers and Firestarters, right?

Yes, I know. But Stalkers and firestarters are "sometimes" seen in the field utilised by other pilots, and I would like to feel truly original and "diversive" :D

#55 Valas

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

Have very few Clan mechs. Couple Kit Fox (D and a C), and I bought the TBR-A to try it out. The energy hardpoints on the shoulder intrigued me. Even with swapping omnipods around, before the nerf, ER LL's cycled annoyingly slow and the mech ran hot. And that's only 3 and chain fired them. I don't have the basics fully researched yet though, so that might have helped some to get it elited. And now, PGI thanks me for my purchase and support, by nerfing it. Seriously, the left torso pod alone just has a stupid amount of negative quirks, compared to ANY other mech in the game. Going back to my Locusts and Jenners and hoping the Arctic Cheetah isn't nerfed into oblivion before it ever gets out of the gate. I have a T-bolt 9S I got for free from the event they had. Rarely use it. I don't do CW, as the current CW is nothing like what I had envisioned and hoped for. So I cannot comment on what everyone was using.

We have weapon cooldown and range modules to boost or offset some of the quirks on any given mech. Where are our Laser duration modules? LRM/SRM/LBX Spread modules? AC velocity modules, etc? Would not sting as bad, if I could apply some xp to something to help offset some of these negative quirks. If not modules, more skills to unlock. I have a ton of xp sitting on several mechs, because not much else I want to unlock at the moment. This goes for all mechs, IS or Clan.

I can live with the quirks, because I likely won't bother using either my TBR-A or free T-bolt much anymore. But, I can fully understand why people who have had their much loved mechs, whacked pretty hard, would be upset. The 2 Locusts I purchased will likely be my last purchase for awhile, if ever. Have enough banked time and MC left from the packs I have bought, that I should be able to sit back and see how things unfold.

Edited by Valas, 22 May 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#56 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 May 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

No.... no you didn't....

My TBW only has a 6% increased beam duration. That's weird. Oh yeah, I didn't put every nerf'd laser omnipod on my mech to make a statement.

BTW, the 2 ERPPC + Gauss build is still rocking.
So is 4 ASRM6 + 5 sm pulse
So is 5 med pulse + LPL
So is (I could go on and on and on)

#57 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

View PostBrut4ce, on 22 May 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

Yes, I know. But Stalkers and firestarters are "sometimes" seen in the field utilised by other pilots, and I would like to feel truly original and "diversive" :D

Well, actually, Stalkers were the fourth-most used 'mech in Tukayyid, and by far the most popular Assault. A couple of Thunderbolt variants were the top two, and the Raven 3L took third.

As for the Timberwolf A - while we're being completely honest, it's not like the people buying the A didn't know the chassis was overpowered. They should have expected the nerf; I did, and I'm leveling my Timber Wolves right now. Game mechanics always change over time in modern multiplayer games. The extra 1% per energy hardpoint is very odd, but all you have to do to avoid it is swap out the pod. Thus, unless you're using an ungodly number of energy weapons, you don't need to deal with the nerf. The time from release to nerf was very short, but it's also a bit of a non sequitur: the time from gift store availability to patch day may certainly be a reason to campaign for a refund if people want one - but it has nothing to do with whether the nerf itself was justified.

PS: 'Grats on the Phoenix Leaderboard placement - I saw you in a match on your way past me. =)

Edited by Void Angel, 22 May 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#58 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

View PostBrut4ce, on 22 May 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

OMG! You are so right! Why did I not think of that? I will immediately change faction and go play with my Thunderbolts, Wolverines and Dragons! Yes, yes, it will be such a surprise to my opponents, seeing such rarely used mechs in the field! I will truly feel original and "diversive".

Join the Locust club. It's comp tier, way more fun than anything on the Clan side, and you have to beat women away with a stick when they see you roll up to the party in one. Also, it's the ultimate pimp yo' ride mech, being that the chassis costs about 1 million, and the full set of upgrades is over 30 million. I wish I could chrome mine out.

Edited by Dino Might, 22 May 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#59 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

View PostDino Might, on 22 May 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

My TBW only has a 6% increased beam duration. That's weird. Oh yeah, I didn't put every nerf'd laser omnipod on my mech to make a statement.

BTW, the 2 ERPPC + Gauss build is still rocking.
So is 4 ASRM6 + 5 sm pulse
So is 5 med pulse + LPL
So is (I could go on and on and on)

I would rather use a summoner for those builds, could run them just as well while being lighter if not better due to not having nerfed quirks but positive quirks.

#60 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 May 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

yes, but clans do not have ghost heat for 3 large lasers, clans have it at two.
And the stalker runs 6 hardpoints, 4 of them being high just like the timberwolf Side torso, The stalker having 4 up high would be (using Timberwolf A logic) . 9% per arm, 18%. Than 6% per side torso, 12%.
18%+12% = 30%.

Stalker 4N, if a clan mech in terms of nerfs, would be under 30% beam durration addition, 30% fire rate addition.

but that is a GENEROUS nerf. IS does NOT have ghost heat at 3 Larger lasers.
IS has a shorter beam duration for Large lasers
etc...

It may have been a 40% with odds like these.

Timberwolf A side torso is dead.
Timberwolf has recieved no counter ballance for these quirks ,no reduced heat for there lasers, nothing ruining 7E+ builds (which ruins creativity and options in a build, A hunchback has no issues running 9E or an awesome at 8E, why does the Timberwolf suffer so heavily for just running 4?)

The Timberwolf D has no ER PPC possitive quirks
The Timberwolf Prime has no MG possitive quirks.
The Timberwolf S or D has no SRM / SSRM quirks.
Timberwolf C or Prime has no LRM quirks.
Timberwolf A doesn't have a quirk set bonus to make use of it's 1 M hardpoint on the stock omnipod layout.

Etc.

No IS mech has a negative quirk. The clan timberwolf and Stormcrow is just in the middle of the meta on par with some IS chassis while suffering in some of it's iconic abilities like it's Missile capabilities and such.
The Stalker 4N got a missile 15%+ cool down buff to this patch, why doesn't timberwolf A have that or ANY timberwolf or Stormcrow get a missile buff?

Reguardless of what you say, You indirectly stated yourself that this is kind of ********, to the point that a Timberwolf A side torso (which plenty of people payed money for...) is useless. does that sound like BALANCE to you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users