#21 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 25 May 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'd really like them give a disadvantage to structure 1st. And give FF a bonus to compensate for the smaller tonnage gain.

FF:
+small tonnage gain
+more armor points

ES:
++big tonnage gain
-weaker internals

That way Crows and Twolves receive a nerf/buff while the underperformers get a straight buff. Allowing a swap just makes FF even more light-exclusive.

I like the idea of them being a survivability/firepower choice (at the cost of slots).

I agree, but even if Ferro is made more useful i would still want the ability to choose,
giving the MDD SMN GAR and WHK options the SCR and TBR dont / cant have,

#22 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 May 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

Do we know what the tonnage gained for the mechs that would benefit?

Current list off the top of my head:
Gargles
Summoner
Maddog

Edit:
Looked up Smurfys and forgot Warhawk

And the future Executioner.

#23 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

I'd really like them give a disadvantage to structure 1st. And give FF a bonus to compensate for the smaller tonnage gain.

FF:
+small tonnage gain
+more armor points

ES:
++big tonnage gain
-weaker internals

That way Crows and Twolves receive a nerf/buff while the underperformers get a straight buff. Allowing a swap just makes FF even more light-exclusive.

I like the idea of them being a survivability/firepower choice (at the cost of slots).

This also doesn't address mechs that have neither ferro nor endo. The Nova remains terrible, and there are a number of incoming clan mechs that lack both which will be DOA as well. The Hellbringer doesn't really need the buff though.

#24 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

If all we do is switch FF to endo, why the hell is FF even in the game?
How about make FF actually something that's a competitor to Endo...
Gee, I'd really like more than one option that takes my mech from lowly peasant trash up to exalted dragon slayer for a marginal c-bill cost.

I think it'd be neat for the mechs who had FF equipped actually saw a decent boost in survivability. And Endo, well, we all know we take that just to cram more weapons on our mech...
When comparing the two based on which one saves more tonnage (which is invaluable), Endo obviously wins.
But maybe FF doesn't need to save space if it grants a decent boost to survivability.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 May 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#25 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 May 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

Do we know what the tonnage gained for the mechs that would benefit?

Current list off the top of my head:
Gargles
Summoner
Maddog

Edit:
Looked up Smurfys and forgot Warhawk

Warhawk would not benefit from ES or FF, it lacks crit spaces due to 20 locked DHS, not because it doesnt have tonnage.

Summoner might benefit the most from an extra 2-3t. Maddog as well, but WHK? tonnage is not its issue.

#26 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 25 May 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Warhawk would not benefit from ES or FF, it lacks crit spaces due to 20 locked DHS, not because it doesnt have tonnage.

Summoner might benefit the most from an extra 2-3t. Maddog as well, but WHK? tonnage is not its issue.

Warhawk already has FF, so would benefit (about 2 tons) from swapping to ES with no loss of slots whatsoever (FF crits simply change to ES crits). It wouldnt help every build, but it does help some (Gauss+Laser builds for example tends to have free slots - WHK-C could fit 2 more DHS)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 25 May 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#27 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

Personally I think they need to focus more on adding features to the game that add more depth such as making the planets in CW be worth something instead of this never ending tweaking effort they are doing. Wasting a lot of time making adjustments to things and all it ends up doing is shifting what mechs people run. Please add maps, objectives and planet bonuses among other things and leave the mech tweaking alone for a while. That's my 2 cents.

#28 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

View PostAlek Ituin, on 25 May 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

That pretty much covers it. Notice how that list is 75% of the worst Clan chassis in the game.

Yes, Gargles the S**twizard is one of the worst chassis in game. Summoner is just trash, Mad Dog is trash too (AFAICT), and the Warhawk is entirely unloved next to the DWF (for no reason).

And all of those mechs work just fine if you build them right and play them right.

#29 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

FF:
+small tonnage gain
+more armor points

ES:
++big tonnage gain
-weaker internals

That nerf would also hit EVERY Clan light mech and the Ice Feces, mechs that hardly need to be more squishy. So NO.

#30 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 May 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

Cheatbringer. Gains 3 tons from Endo, if they are allowed to pick one.

Cheatbringer?

WTF?

No one has ever called the HBR OP. Cut the dosage...just because the TW and SCR were nerfed does not mean you need to keep piling it on...those nerfs are unfair at this point.

#31 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

And the powercreep goes on....

#32 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

IF PGI allows a FF to ES switch, what's next?

The Community will never be happy until the current Clan Omni Mechs are turned into BattleMechs.

I can hear it now. "Now that you allowed the FF -> ES we will whine more and make you "fold like a cheap piece of paper yet again" to give us what? Oh ya. Unlock DHS and JJ's ffs".

And all this, despite rumors that "Power Creep" in MWO may be a real problem. LOL!

#33 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 26 May 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

The Community will never be happy until the current Clan Omni Mechs are turned into BattleMechs.

I can hear it now. "Now that you allowed the FF -> ES we will whine more and make you "fold like a cheap piece of paper yet again" to give us what? Oh ya. Unlock DHS and JJ's ffs".

And all this, despite rumors that "Power Creep" in MWO may be a real problem. LOL!

Der, power creep is always a problem in a game where the devs dont have any idea what they are even trying to achieve with balance. Where a dart board is whats used to make changes......

#34 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 26 May 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

I like how you're treating 1 to 1.5 tons of added tonnage as "powercreep".

Besides, excessive hyperbole does not make your argument/joke.

#35 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

Can't wait for an even lower TTK. Call of Mechfield Online

#36 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

This just further illustrates the point that Endo is superior to FF, and FF should never be taken unless you have a ton of left over slots... How about just balance the two?
EDIT: A good suggestion I read was to give FF a 'quirk' and give the mech a %5 overall bonus to armor

Edited by Team Chevy86, 26 May 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#37 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 26 May 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Yeah, whats next? They increase the size of head hitboxes so it can be just like Planetside 2? Headshot Warrior Online?

#38 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 May 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

View PostBush Hopper, on 26 May 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Yeah, whats next? They increase the size of head hitboxes so it can be just like Planetside 2? Headshot Warrior Online?

So giving the MadDog Summoner Gargoyle and WarHawk +2Tons more DSH or Ammo would be horrible?
this isnt a Buff to all Clan Mechs Just OmniMechs with ONLY Ferro allowing them to Switch for Endo,
its not as bad as you seem to think it will be,... making TTK fall like a Rock? lols :)

#39 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

I see nothing in that tweet that mentions allowing this, just Russ stating that first, it breaks the rules or they wouldn't be fixed and second, asking if the endo for ff is what was being asked for instead of allowing both as options.

Some people not only want to get their cake AND eat it, they want it made with real sugar but having no calories, real milk and cream but no fat, oh, and it must taste like the finest ambrosia as well!

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostTexAss, on 26 May 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

And the powercreep goes on....

Name a game where you don't have to keep getting stronger? Can you beat the last boss in a game with your starting equipment in any games? I know I have never been able to do it. :huh:

Power creep is not evil its evolution. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users