Cw Loyalty Points

6 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

easy Q, If you are one faction, and play for a bit, and your contract runs out, and you earn points for a new one, does that mean you need to regrind what you earned? Or do you keep what you earned?

It kinda makes sense you wouldn't but then again who knows.. Also, if your contract runs out, and you don't play, and then rejoin, are you were you left off?

just curious how all this point stuff goes, and how all the earning of rewards works in the end

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

as I understand it you keep all your Loyalty Points, however if you take action against your former employers you can loose LP, so lets say you start with Davion, you spend your time attacking Liao, then you switch to Liao, if you attack Davion you will loose some Davion LP, so if in future you rejoin Davion you will still have access to everything you earned however before you can progress further you will need to reearn the LP you lost.

if you are after getting for example the level 2 Mechbay rewards for each faction then join a faction long term I would advise taking a contract with the faction you plan to pledge loyalty to only after getting the rewards from the other factions

#3 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

Right. And afaik you only lose LP for killing enemy mechs, simply dropping against them and gaining assists won't make you lose LP. Not 100% sure though.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

ok, so as i think of stuff in the long term.. I might as well just keep playing steiner, till i max out the rewards then switch factions. though perhaps i should look into a steiner group, pug droping in cw just does not seem like as much fun as normal pugs. though i must say, i had a few drops that were a heck of a lotta fun.. a few going right down to the wire and we almost pulled it out twice on attack against group drops.. Was pretty sick!

#5 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:02 AM

The LP losses for fighting against some faction are insignificantly small. Many people switch factions after obtaining Rank 6 to get the free mech bays from every faction.

#6 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

Actually, it's pretty pointless to try to max out rewards in any one faction. It will take FOREVER. Generally, once you get up around rank 10 - 12, it's time to move on. Even that rank takes quite a while to achieve.

It's often best to bounce factions around level 6. You've gotten two mech bays from the faction at that point.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

You loose 15 LP for each enemy mech you kill. During this event, I was earning 900-1100 LP a match but barely getting any kills.

There doesn't seem to be a way to actually see your totals for each faction other than to write down the amount from the achievement page, kill some of them, then compare and see if it actually does subtract like it should. As of right now, there is really no way to loose LPs in any significant way so dont worry about it. And no, you keep all the LP you earn in every faction even if you don't play for a year.

I do hope they improve the achievements at the higher ranks with things like free mechs, decals faction patterns, titles, modules, warhorns, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users