Weapon-Themed Challenge?

4 replies to this topic

#1 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

I'm just throwing this out here as an idea, let's see what the devs do with it.

In order to stir the pot a bit, why not have events that focus on a specific type of weapon. In order to get 1 point you need to score at least a 30 match score AND your mech must have the required weapon type. For instance:

"Ride the Lightning" - All mechs must have at least the minimum number of PPC's based on weight class.
Lights (1), med (1 under 50 tons, 2 for 50 tons and over), heavy (3) and assault (3).

"Laser Vomit Weekend" - as above, but mechs must carry the proscribed number of Large class lasers.

"Let it Rain" - each mech must have the proscribed number of missile tubes (SSRMs and SRMs count also). Lights (8), meds (16), heavies(24), assaults(24). Equipping a tag or a narc will count as 2 tubes each.

"Gotta Lotta Dakka Dakka" - mechs must carry ballistics. 2 MGs count as 1 AC. LIghts (1 AC of any type or 2 MGs), Mediums (1 lg AC {10 or 20} or 2 smaller ACs), Heavies (2 lg or 3 sm), Assaults (2 lg or 4 sm - or 1 lg + 2 sm).

I thought of this during the recent Phoenix Challenge. When I pulled my Shadowhawk -2H(P) and loaded up 2 AC 5s and 1 AC2. I had forgotten how much fun the simple Dakka can be.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

Honestly, this could be fun. The day they do the flamer, I'm taking out a 12 flamer nova.

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

ty for not listing gauss

#4 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thematic cockpit items as rewards would be awesome. A spent AC shell casing for Gotta Lotta Dakka Dakka (bigger than the 50 cal pendant), a burned out capacitor for Ride the Lightning, that sort of thing. Maybe a bottle of coolant for Laser Vomit, or the existing fan item? Not sure what to use for missiles.

Edit: maybe a detached guidance sensor for the Let it Rain?

Edited by Sparks Murphey, 28 May 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#5 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

sorry but this would be bad for everyone, nobody wants to make an artificial lurmageddon because it was any fun.

many players that hate wallhugging would just not play for that weekend the lrm is featured

it is a weapon system that becomes more annoying with bigger numbers, having 24 lurmers on a match would be fun for about 2 matches

and so would laser vomit for that matter. reducing variety from the game is not what makes more people want to play the game. it does the exact opposite

Edited by Mazzyplz, 28 May 2015 - 10:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users