Community Warfare Hardcore Unit Event

285 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:16 PM

STARTS: Tuesday June 30th at 2:45 PM PDT (9:45 PM UTC)
ENDS: Monday July 6th at 2:15 PM PDT (9:15 PM UTC)
2:15 PM PDT / 9:15 PM UTC is the deadline for starting the final qualifying Community Warfare matches.
Matches must end by 2:45 PM PDT in order to qualify.

After a show of renewed defiance from the Inner Sphere forces in the wake of their loss to the Clan invaders at the Battle of Tukayyid, the Clans are once again striking deep into the heart of the Inner Sphere. While Clan Wolf fights to retain its new-found control over Rigil Kentarus at the doorstep of Terra itself, the forces of Clan Jade Falcon are not far behind.

The time has come for the Inner Sphere to rally together; all hope for victory lies in unity. Can the Inner Sphere take back its lost territory, or will the seemingly relentless push of the Clan invasion continue on, ever-stronger?

Whatever the result, there are boons to be had in the struggle. When this Event comes to a close, the top-ranked Inner Sphere and Clan Units will have the honor of receiving Hanging Cockpit Tags stamped with their unique Unit tag.

The fighting will be fierce and there will be many casualties, so if you're already in a Unit round up some lone wolves or fortune-seeking Mercs to reinforce your ranks.
If you normally fight alone, now is the time to forge alliances. Head over to the Inner Sphere or Clan sub-forum for the Faction of your choice to join one of the many Units.

Load-up your old war dogs and fire up your Fusion reactors; it's going to be a blood bath.

Welcome to the Community Warfare Hardcore Unit Challenge, MechWarriors.

The Basics

The Hardcore Unit Challenge Event will be comprised of three Challenge components:

• A Unit-based Event Point Challenge
  • A Unit-based Planetary Conquest Challenge
  • A Personal Event Point Challenge
There will also be three Leaderboard components to this Event, catered specifically toward Units:
  • Planet Ownership Leaderboards, by Unit
  • Overall Event Point Leaderboard for Inner Sphere and Clan, by Unit
  • Specific Event Point Leaderboards for each individual House and Clan, by Unit
There will be two ways to earn Event Points during this Event, so you'll have the chance to earn up to 2 Event Points per match:
  • Attain a Match Score of 80 or above in Invasion or Counter Attack = 1 Event Point
  • Attain a Victory in Invasion or Counter Attack = 1 Event Point

Personal Challenge

How to achieve Personal Challenge Event Points:

• Achieve a Match Score of 80 or above in Invasion or Counter Attack = 1 Event Point
  • Achieve a Victory in Invasion or Counter Attack = 1 Event Point
Important Information:
  • Auto-wins are excluded from point consideration.
  • You do not need to be in a Unit to accumulate Personal Challenge Event Points.
  • If you are in a Unit (no matter the size), every Event Point you earn will count toward both the Personal Challenge and the Unit Challenge.
Personal Event Point Challenge Reward:
  • Earn 10 Event Points and receive a Spring Hula Girl Standing Cockpit Item!
Check your Personal Challenge progress on the Personal Challenge page.

Unit Challenge

How to achieve Unit Challenge Event Points:

• Achieve a Match Score of 80 or above in Invasion or Counter Attack while in a Unit = 1 Event Point
  • Achieve a Victory in Invasion or Counter Attack while in a Unit = 1 Event Point
Important Information:
  • Auto-wins are excluded from point consideration.
  • You must be in a Unit to qualify for earning Unit Event Points.
  • There will be Overall Unit Challenge Leaderboards for Inner Sphere and Clan, including Leaderboards for each individual House and Clan.
  • The more Event Points earned by pilots on behalf of their Unit, the higher that Unit will rise in the Unit Event Point Leaderboards.
  • The top five Units that earn the the most Event Points will be ranked on their respective Leaderboards.
  • Unit pilots must earn a minimum of 10 Unit Event Points by the end of the Event in order to qualify for receiving any rewards from their Units placement in their respective Unit Challenge Leaderboard.
  • Every Event Point you earn while in a Unit (no matter the size) will count toward both the Unit Challenge and the Personal Challenge.
  • Unit Event Points will be used a tie-breaker in the Planetary Conquest Challenge, if necessary.
Unit Event Point Challenge Rewards:
  • See the Leaderboard details on the Tournament page for a complete list of the Rewards.
  • Please note that the Rewards won't populate until the Event begins.

Planetary Conquest Challenge

How to achieve Planetary Conquest Challenge Points:

• As a Unit, capture a planet and maintain your claim until the end of the Event = 1 Planetary Conquest Challenge Point

Important Information:

• There are two Planetary Conquest Challenge Leaderboards: one for Inner Sphere, one for Clan.
    • The more Planets Captured and Held by a Unit by the end of the Event, the higher that Unit will place in the Planetary Conquest Leaderboards.
    • The top five Units that Capture and Hold the most planets by the end of the Event will be ranked on their respective Planetary Conquest Leaderboards.
    • The Unit that Captures and Holds the most planets by the end of the Event will be considered the winner.
    • In the event of a tie between Units for the number of Planets Captured and Held by the end of the Event, the winner be decided by the total number of Event Points those Units have achieved.
    • Unit pilots must have earned a minimum of 10 Unit Event Points by the end of the Event in order to qualify for receiving any eligible rewards from their Units placement in the Planetary Conquest Challenge.

Planetary Conquest Challenge Rewards:

• See the Leaderboard details on the Tournament page for a complete list of the Rewards.
    • Please note that the Rewards won't populate until the Event begins.

Head over to the Tournament page to follow the Event!
    Check on your Personal Challenge progress here!

#2 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Galaxy Commander
    • Galaxy Commander
    • 244 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

If you want to make this interesting the relevance for rewards (in my opinion) should be:

1st: Individual House and Clan leaderboards
    2nd: Clan and House leaderboard
    3rd: General leaderboard

#3 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,752 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

It looks like the rewards section is blank right now. I'll be interested to see if this becomes the first unit-based event with a good payout.

#4 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
    • WC 2018 Gold Champ
    • WC 2018 Gold Champ
    • 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Can we get some info about Unit / Planetary Conquest rewards? Like Another Hula girl or MC, Mech Bays a few C-bills...

Plus i was expecting little more ranks for personal challenge...like during Battle of Tukayyid. Another Hula girl? Seriously?

Edited by Daruwind, 29 June 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#5 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Ace Of Spades
    • Ace Of Spades
    • 472 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

View Postaniviron, on 29 June 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

[/size][/font]
    [/list]It looks like the rewards section is blank right now. I'll be interested to see if this becomes the first unit-based event with a good payout.

Yeah, I hope the rewards are impressive for the top units. The personal challenge reward is pretty meh. I already have an entire harem of hula girls.

#6 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Blood Bound
    • The Blood Bound
    • 844 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

Here we go. Lets boost those unit ranks.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 June 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#7 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
    • Developer
    • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hey everyone,

The Tournament page won't reflect the available rewards until the event begins and the Leaderboards start populating, so until then I've provided the Reward listings below.

Planetary Conquest Reward structure

INNER SPHERE
    • First Place: Title, Badge, and Hanging Dog Tag (stamped with Unit tag)
    • Second Place: Title, Badge, and Hanging Dog Tag (stamped with Unit tag)
    • Third Place: Title, Badge, and Hanging Dog Tag (stamped with Unit tag)
    • Fourth Place: Title and Badge
    • Fifth Place: Title and Badge
    CLAN
    • First Place: Title, Badge, and Hanging Dog Tag (stamped with Unit tag)
    • Second Place: Title, Badge, and Hanging Dog Tag (stamped with Unit tag)
    • Third Place: Title, Badge, and Hanging Dog Tag (stamped with Unit tag)
    • Fourth Place: Title and Badge
    • Fifth Place: Title and Badge

Overall Inner Sphere and Clan Leaderboard Reward structure

INNER SPHERE
    • First Place: Cameron Star Mug, Cameron Star War Horn, Cameron Star Hanging Item, 250,000 C-Bills, and 2,500 GXP
    • Second Place: Cameron Star Mug, Cameron Star War Horn, 250,000 C-Bills, and 2,500 GXP
    • Third Place: Cameron Star Mug and 250,000 C-Bills
    • Fourth Place: Cameron Star Mug
    • Fifth Place: Cameron Star Mug
    CLAN
    • First Place: Dagger Star Mug, Dagger Star War Horn, Dagger Star Hanging Item, 250,000 C-Bills, and 2,500 GXP
    • Second Place: Dagger Star Mug, Dagger Star War Horn, 250,000 C-Bills, and 2,500 GXP
    • Third Place: Dagger Star Mug and 250,000 C-bills
    • Fourth Place: Dagger Star Mug
    • Fifth Place: Dagger Star Mug

House and Clan Leaderboards Reward structure
    • First Place: Faction War Horn, Faction Mug, Faction Hanging Item, 100,000 C-bills, and 1,000 GXP
    • Second Place: Faction Mug, Faction Hanging Item, 100,000 C-bills, and 1,000 GXP
    • Third Place: Faction Mug and 100,000 C-bills
    • Fourth Place: Faction Mug
    • Fifth Place: Faction Mug

#8 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Ace Of Spades
    • Ace Of Spades
    • 472 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

Ok, I'm not sure this is going to work out too well. Where's the incentive to defend? You've set it up so that there will be very motivated 12-mans attacking planets for the planetary rewards, but the lackluster personal rewards will make it difficult to try to get people to bother to defend especially when the odds are they may get stomped without even hitting 80 points. A better personal reward structure would get defenders in the queue just for the faster queue times. As is, I foresee a lot of attack queues and ghost drops for this event.

#9 PALEHORSE33

• PipPipPip
    • Bridesmaid
    • 85 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:45 PM

This event is garbage, thanks PGI. -_-

#10 Spectre195

Rookie

• Mercenary
    • Mercenary
    • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

This event is completely garbage PGI. Clan Wolf just made it to Terra which is the perfect time to make an awesome event for control of Terra, which we can't even attack for some reason. And instead we get this event with top leaders getting less c-bills than they get fro winning 1 CW game. Some alright cosmic items and one custom item. No one not in an established unit will have a chance.

#11 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
    • WC 2018 Gold Champ
    • WC 2018 Gold Champ
    • 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

Thank you for details. However it completely killed the thrill in me. From previous announcement it seems to be like another Battle for Tukayyik. I was expecting a lot of challenge reward ranks especially for personal challenge (and partly for unit challenge...)

Like earning personally 10,20,30,40,....100 points. Challenge reward ranks for 100,200,300,...1000 points made by unit. And mostly rewards. I have tons of mugs, hula girls..i can accept warhorns. But 250,000 c-bills for first place? I get clean 500k gain (after paying consumables..) per game. I can understand, that you need to balance solo vs units vs pro units rewards so nobody will scream too loud but there is basically no challenge at all. At least for me. Hell I have Marik flag for the best House unit yet I never use it.....

Next time make it like my lower idea....

Personal challenge:
    10 points- Hula girl
    20 points- 1000 GPX
    30 points- 150 MC
    40 points- 1,5 Mil c-bills
    50 points- 2500 GXP
    60 points- 300 MC
    70 points- 3 Mil c-bills
    80 points- At least Locust/Kit fox :D
    90 points- 5000 GXP
    100points- 5 Mil c-bills

Unit challenge (reward for any player of unit with 10+ points scored during event):
    100 points - Warhorn
    200 points - Consumable pack
    300 points - Mech Bay
    400 points - 2 Mil c-bills
    600 points - Bigger Consumable pack
    800 points - unlock one color or just another mech bay..
    1000points - 4 Mil c-bills
    1200points - another Locust :D
    1600points - A lot Bigger Consumable pack
    2000points - I don´t know...camo,color,warhorn...

All Leaderboarch challenge:
    Now here you can have all your tags, titles, badges whatever.....

Now this could lure in casual players, keep players in game for 6 days and give them SOMETHING in return. GG close PGI. :P

Edited by Daruwind, 29 June 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#12 Blueduck

• PipPip
    • The 1 Percent
    • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

You know what would make this event actually Hardcore? If Units actually competed against each other using In-Game stats:

Which Unit finished a CW Match the fastest?
    Which Unit has the best average time killing all 48 mechs?
    Single highest damage in a drop?
    Highest average damage?
    Most efficient drop?

And more. That way we can figure out how the units differs from each other in that kind of way. Just my two cents.

#13 MrWeaseluv Fetladral

• PipPip
    • The Paw
    • The Paw
    • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

Garbage is not the right word nor is it proper to so judge someones effort to make the game interesting. Cheap on the otherhand describes the prizes very well and doesn't step on the developers toes (just the top guys holding the purse strings)

#14 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
    • WC 2018 Gold Champ
    • WC 2018 Gold Champ
    • 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostMrWeaseluv Fetladral, on 29 June 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Cheap o

That´s the word to describe it. I thanks for any event but where is now the HARDCORE part? I got 109 points during battle for Tukayyik (yeah,crazy...) and now? Thas was hardcore in my eyes and I was sad there was no rewards for 100 points... :D

#15 Ranger Dave

• PipPip
    • Bridesmaid
    • Bridesmaid
    • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

Not much incentive for the less established units. Will be a tough sell convincing others in mine to commit towards this.

#16 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Mercenary Rank 7
    • Mercenary Rank 7
    • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

The BerSerKer would like to invite every Founder without a unit to join us for the event. More than 120 Founders are ready to help you get your points for the challenges. If you are Lone Wolfs you can join us right away, if you have a contract you need to break it now and can join us after 72 hours.

We wish everyone a lot of fun during the event and see you on the battlefield, MechWarriors!

#17 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Bridesmaid
    • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

i don't get what an ordinary player can get from all this

like... nothing?

#18 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Ace Of Spades
    • Ace Of Spades
    • 472 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 29 June 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

i don't get what an ordinary player can get from all this

like... nothing?

Pain and a Hula Girl. Mostly pain though.

#19 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Knight Errant
    • Knight Errant
    • 606 posts
    • Google+: Link
    • Twitter: Link
    • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

Question...is this exclusively IS vs Clan combat during this event ?? Are the other fronts still open or are they going to be shut down ??

#20 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Bridesmaid
    • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostFlutterguy, on 29 June 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

Pain and a Hula Girl. Mostly pain though.

let they look for somebody else to play as a cannon fodder then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users