Community Warfare Hardcore Unit Event

285 replies to this topic

#41 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

Yikes! I've only just now seen the unit rewards.

1.) Money and GXP awards are laughable, especially as they only apply to the higher tiers, for which an amount of grinding will be required that will reduce 250K to a drop in the bucket. 250K is the sort of entry-level reward that might entice a casual player to take part in an event, not what you want to give top leaderboard scorers.

2.) Among the cockpit items, the warhorn is the only one really interesting, and it'll be likewise out of reach for the vast majority of participants.

3.) The only really interesting rewards may be the unique(?) titles, badges and dog tags for the planetary conquest. But again: Smaller units need not apply so why bother.

Summary: If this is meant to be an incentive for people to form new units or for smaller, less CW-happy units to take up CW, it is pathetically inept - since what it actually means is that the existing Mega-units active in CW are going to be the only ones taking any major rewards.

#42 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

First:
Reward 1-st places for free "Origins IIC clan mech collection" (atleast orion+ all smaller). That's will interest ALL units and result in EPIC fighting.

Second:
Queues will be endless without solo players. Hula girl? And thats it? NOPE, I,m not interested in beeng stomped for this reward.
Posted Image

Edited by Varvar86, 30 June 2015 - 01:56 AM.

#43 Raflik

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:24 AM

I think they have to do one of this:
either make a separately leaderborad for units 100+ players, or even better for <40 players in unit to encourage smaller units

or

Final score points have to be divided by number of players whose achive those - Then there would be no problem to beat -MS- swarm who will win 3/4 of their matches by elite ~30 player units who will win all their games.

For Planetary Conquest callenge there must be hard-maximum-cap amount. If i count correctly, there will be 18 ceasefires during event, and that make 18xnumber of borders capable planets for each faction - then there should be limit for 18+number of borders for each faction to avoid ties between top units. After reaching cap limit their tag will no longer appear, and planets will belong to 2'nd unit in conquest tokens put on planet.

Otherwise this event is unjust for most of players and should be renamed from "CW Hardcore Unit Challenge" to "CW The Most Swarm Unit Challenge"

#44 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:46 AM

This is an win for the biggest unit... So gg not even close for -MS-

Rewards are not there...

Sorry to say, but the setup for this event is a bit meh :(

#45 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

I will still play CW even though the rewards are kind of .....well i will still play and get the Spring Hula Girl.
Would be awesome if these standing items did something.
Like Cup of Coffee increases speed by 5%
Cup of POP overall mech cool down 5%
Oscillating fan overall mech cool down 5%
MECH STATUES...after a kill move around or something like the URBIE TRASHCAN...its the year 3050 can't these items do something else than stand still.

Either way..I am still pushing for a 16 Weapon Atlas Mech. InnerSphere needs more GUNS...GUNS....GUNS. More GUNS is good.
GUNS I TELL YOU GUNS.
HECK...i have so many XP in one Mastered Atlas....what about 20,000 XP UNLOCKS A WEAPON HARD POINT x 8 HARDPOINT LOCATIONS. Then pay 100,000 CBills for the Mech Technicians in the MechLab install the Hardpoint.

#46 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

So this event is an auto win for big units?

Edited by Navid A1, 30 June 2015 - 03:20 AM.

#47 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:43 AM

View Post100mile, on 29 June 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Why would you (PGI) Think that giving people cockpit items would incentivize CW? Is there a total disconnect between you and the game population? I love CW and I play it as often as I can because i am a lore hound and it actually means something to me when one of my factions planets get taken, But most of my unit could care less and only play CW because its part of our activity requirements. Giving them a cockpit item isn't going to get them playing it anymore than they do now. You give/gave more and better stuff in all the other contests you do/have done..I just don't get it?
On top of that you specifically gear this contest so MS will win/come in first for the unit competitions. There is literally no point in any other unit competing for the team portions of this event. This is not a bash against MS either..They are what they are and more power to them, literally apparently...So the only logical conclusion I can come up with is MS is what you want for CW in the future.
You want CW to flourish make playing it worth something...Maximize rewards, make a ghost drop worth it...if you maximize rewards there won't be as many ghost drops....work on installing Logistics something....Give us rewards in a contest that are actually worth something.
I know this post will probably go unheeded and unnoticed but am hoping that having one of your staunchest supporters express his displeasure might be a wake up call.

So much this.

It's quite funny that PGI thinks FOV-blocking cockpit items as 'rewards'. The only functional rewards in this game are MCs, C-Bills and Mechbays (and of course mechs if they dare to go that far).

Some might also consider free stuff like free coolants and strikes as rewards but PGI has ensured their uselessness by giving the MC variants, which you don't dare to make autorefill lest it empties your MCs without noticing...

#48 Christo Jam

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

Seriously PGI. PUG torture just for >>>>> *****Spring Hula Girl***** It's a joke ? ^^ :huh: :blink: :D :D

Edited by Christo Jam, 30 June 2015 - 04:37 AM.

#49 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:41 AM

CW Hardcore unit event ?

But hardcore for what kind of unit ? .... Like always a false good idea from pgi another incomming failure.. PGI feature/failure.
Sad but predictible.

#50 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:42 AM

View PostChristo Jam, on 30 June 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

Seriously PGI. PUG torture just for >>>>> *****Spring Hula Girl***** It's a joke ? ^^ :huh: :blink: :D :D

That's why it's an HARDCORE event :blink: :P

#51 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostRasc4l, on 30 June 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

The only functional rewards in this game are MCs, C-Bills and Mechbays (and of course mechs if they dare to go that far).

gxp too

#52 Lanceafer

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostTank, on 29 June 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

How DARE YOU say that divine Hula Girl is not enough reward for you!

I'm not going to read all the way to to the end of this thread but I would like to throw my two cents in. I dare because I have four hula girls and a spring hula girl. I have never bought one. I earned every one in one event or another. Why not change it up a little and give us a new cockpit item. I am not talking mugs either, I think I have more in game mugs than what is in my kitchen cabinet.

Just an idea with the CW events. Try to make it something that will bring people together, COMMUNITY warfare and all. Something for us little guys and loyalist would be nice. At this point I know about 25 guys that can only shoot for a hula girl and probably a mug. We will in no way be able out fight the top five units in Davion. Oh but you could also win in the planetary leader boards, nope they will go to the top five. You could win the faction leader boards, see above about mugs. This could have been an invite only event for the top 7 or so units of each faction and you will have the same results. I would even be willing to crunch the numbers for you when its all said and done just to prove my point.

A loyalist could have an extra perk like double points on planetary conquest. Or change up the reward structure so that the faction that wins gets a hanging item with their rank in their unit, unit name, and their name on it. A million cbills and some gxp or something. Then inside that the winning faction top unit gets a little something more like a mech bay. That way you will have units working together to further a community and not a bunch of tiny communities grinding into each other for a war horn. (250K cbills? I get more than that in one CW match, every time there is an opponent)

If you are going to push to have us add our tags to the planet names why not work out a structure where that will accomplish something? Every planet gets you a .5% boost to LPs perhaps. or every planet captured you get a title and hanging item. capture enough and your unit gets special paint, a mech, something to show that you have been a monster in CW. This again favors large units but then again they are the ones doing the most work and if it is a game mechanic and not an event then its something you can work to.

I'm just rambling now so I will stop and move along but in short I am disappointed with this "Hardcore event".

#53 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:03 AM

I'm not gonna bash or whine, but I must admit I doubt this event will be a success.

Unique rewards for attacking with your faction. No incentive to defend at all. Even better - defending makes you loose points in respect to those who attack. Hard to imagine it will not end up in attack queues packed with 12 mans getting ghost drops or stomping those poor pugs who didn't knew it was time to take a break from CW.

There MAY be some nice fights if Unit X will have an attack route to planet taken by unit Y. Of course, Unit Y would need to go and defend it. Will it defend it when it will be easier to get points attacking some other virtually undefended planet ?

I doubt I'll participate in it. I don't mind the "cheap" rewards, never can get enough of hula girls :D
BUT that one hula girl would cost me getting stomped 10 times in CW. That's up to 5 hours of not having fun. Not exactly the experience I want to have in my spare time.

------
PGI, please add some incentive to defending planets. E.g: 1 point for taking a planet, -2 points for loosing a taken planet. That could make units want to defend anything.
---
Bah, that would also, with some luck, allow for some anti-that-big-winning-faction alliances (to make them loose points). Politics in CW :]

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 30 June 2015 - 05:06 AM.

#54 O R T H O

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:06 AM

View Post100mile, on 29 June 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Why would you (PGI) Think that giving people cockpit items would incentivize CW? Is there a total disconnect between you and the game population? I love CW and I play it as often as I can because i am a lore hound and it actually means something to me when one of my factions planets get taken, But most of my unit could care less and only play CW because its part of our activity requirements. Giving them a cockpit item isn't going to get them playing it anymore than they do now. You give/gave more and better stuff in all the other contests you do/have done..I just don't get it?
On top of that you specifically gear this contest so MS will win/come in first for the unit competitions. There is literally no point in any other unit competing for the team portions of this event. This is not a bash against MS either..They are what they are and more power to them, literally apparently...So the only logical conclusion I can come up with is MS is what you want for CW in the future.
You want CW to flourish make playing it worth something...Maximize rewards, make a ghost drop worth it...if you maximize rewards there won't be as many ghost drops....work on installing Logistics something....Give us rewards in a contest that are actually worth something.
I know this post will probably go unheeded and unnoticed but am hoping that having one of your staunchest supporters express his displeasure might be a wake up call.

Exactly what 100 mile said.. As a player I appreciate the effort PGI is giving the game and CW. I want MWO to be successful and grow but the reward structure of large events such as this tends to drive off 90% of the player base. You have to incentivise these events for everyone to foster growth. As it stands now you are only breeding resentment.

Again, I appreciate PGI and MWO and only want it to grow but you all are just being stingy and a little short sighted.

#55 Randal Waide

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

I agree with Ortho and 100. Not just because they are unit members and leaders.;)
CW needs incentives to attract players. Not cockpit items. Real incentives. Like possibly Hero/Champion mechs, bays, substantial monetary reward multipliers, Substantial MC (possibly based on win/damage criteria.
I have a harem of Hula girls. I would like them more if I could put all of them in one mech and play Luau music. I really don't need any more.
I will participate with my unit, because we represent, and I really want MWO to succeed but I'm not seeing the time vs reward as an incentive. It's kind of like eating crawfish. Too much energy, too little reward and the only real reason to eat them is to drink beer with friends...

#56 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:32 AM

Not impressed at all with this event. It further pushes away solo players. A hula girl is all I can win since I am not part of any large unit that could ever place on the leader boards? That is lame, I already have one or two of those. Why would I subject myself to 10+ torturous games vs pre-mades that I cannot possibly win against for an item I already own? Will be skipping this event.

Edited by Wronka, 30 June 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#57 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:44 AM

Haven't a hula girl but 10+ games mostly against premades? Sorry but no.

#58 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

Why would you (PGI) Think that giving people cockpit items would incentivize CW? Is there a <strong class="bbc">total disconnect</strong> between you and the game population?<span class="bbc_underline"><strong class="bbc"> I love CW</strong></span> and I play it as often as I can because i am a lore hound and it actually means something to me when one of my factions planets get taken, But most of my unit could care less and only play CW because its part of our activity requirements. Giving them a cockpit item isn't going to get them playing it anymore than they do now. You give/gave more and better stuff in all the other contests you do/have done..I just don't get it?<br />
On top of that you specifically gear this contest so MS will win/come in first for the unit competitions. There is literally no point in any other unit competing for the team portions of this event. This is not a bash against MS either..They are what they are and more power to them, literally apparently...So the only logical conclusion I can come up with is MS is what you want for CW in the future.<br />
You want CW to flourish make playing it worth something...Maximize rewards, make a ghost drop worth it...if you maximize rewards there won't be as many ghost drops....work on installing Logistics something....Give us rewards in a contest that are actually worth something.<br />

The part I don't get here is...since all these rewards are in-game items, they are digital pixels with no cost, so why not make reward payouts everyone would chase.. 20 million cbills, a lifetime supply of a chosen consumable refill, Every color in the camo deck.. None of these things puts them out any more than a 5 pack of consumables, a cockpit item, 1000 gxp.. So why on earth would you go digitally &quot;cheap&quot; in a situation like this where your supposed intent is incentivizing participation ??? Other than the dog tags with the Winning unit's logo (very nice that, btw), the reward list here is tired, unimaginative and a cheap retread of too many weekend events before.. hula girls and mugs ??? really ? How does this incentivize those that weren't playing CW already to climb into a 5-6 day long marathon contest against major faction teams ???

Agree also that we may as well hand MS the overall challenge trophys now and scramble for second at best based on how this contest is geared... No one on the map can match their numbers AND activity levels, and since they are running roughshod across the map, they are the only ones truly being motivated to keep doing so. They're having a blast and I'm happy for them.. It's not their fault completely (although building a supergroup of many of the top competing teams does stack the deck some and stinks a little). But with no logistical controls, It's the wild wild west, not the inner sphere in there.. what motivates all but the larger of units to compete in this challenge much less CW right now ?? How does allowing them to be &quot;deployed&quot; anywhere along with a given faction's existing numbers, not compare roughly to the US having a Death star in orbit for &quot;defense&quot; ?? A group that large (made up of smaller units....hmmm..sounds familiar) should almost BE a faction shouldn't they (that's where I heard that before) ? give them a periphery state for example.. Just a thought on that..

Edited by Aylward, 30 June 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#59 Mithaw

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

Varvar86 and his badger picture has perfectly summed up my thoughts on this.

The individual rewards are pathetic and pretty much ensure that puggles such as myself will avoid CW entirely for this event. CW events are hard enough on pugs when there's something to be gained. Without any real rewards? that is closer to masocism than fun.

#60 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

I would also like to say something in general. The very fact that we are talking so much about rewards and their inadequacy both obscures and reveals the real problem:

CW is not intrinsically rewarding. That is why it has to be propped up by extrinsic rewards and that is why we rant about the poor rewards so much. Essentially bribing people to play this mode when they otherwise wouldn't is not a viable strategy. The CW mode needs to be improved to be, in the simplest terms, more fun.

Edited by Koshirou, 30 June 2015 - 12:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users