Patch Notes - 1.4.3.0 - 18-Aug-2015

384 replies to this topic

#41 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 17 August 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

The QQ is already flowing in this thread via your posts. On paper it sounds better than how ELO has worked, why not give it a chance before complaining before it's even in the game?

no, on paper it sounds worse than how the proper elo works
and it's worse in the practice too

do you play for a good score or for a win? they want you play for a good score
the score system never can properly reflect the contribution, you can carry a game with like 10 score, i saw that

#42 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 August 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

no, on paper it sounds worse than how the proper elo works
and it's worse in the practice too

do you play for a good score or for a win? they want you play for a good score
the score system never can properly reflect the contribution, you can carry a game with like 10 score, i saw that

I don't think there's many that "carry with a 10 match score" At least that hasn't been my experience and I've been here since closed beta. And if it does end up being an issue it's not like they can't tweak how things work. Although I should know by now that the usual suspects are going to cry regardless of what PGI does. It's what they do.

#43 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Nice set of notes!

Really looking forward to seeing the changes PSR brings. I'm really glad ELO hit the hay, even if PSR isn't perfect, it'll be a great improvement I'm sure.
Super excited for forest colony as well!

Thanks!

#44 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

Forest Colony (new)
- It is beautiful. Will the old maps be available in private lobbies?

Dynamic Time of Day
- Nice change. Now make the vision modes more useful.

Pilot Skill Rating - The Elo Replacement
- What is the distribution of the tiers? 20% each? (There's a pretty big difference between MechWarriors in the 99th percentile and those in the 80th.)
- How does this work in the group queue? How will I know if I'm the rock holding the team down of if the group we got teamed with is a bunch of window lickers?
- What is "did well"? 30 match score? 100?
- Can we get an unranked "grinding" queue, where we can goof off in sub-optimal 'mechs without worrying about our e-peen, um, I mean "tier" deflating?

A Tier 1 player will never play against a Tier 4 or Tier 5 player.
- Except in the group queue ... some people just have stupid friends.

New players are automatically seeded into the mid-to-high range of Tier 4.
- Oh, this is rich. Throw them in with the wolves on day one. You really should reconsider this.
(Never mind. Reading comprehension is hard. Thanks to Wintersdark for the setting the record straight.)

Selected filters will now persist
- I was just getting used to it, but THANK YOU!

Possible crash when using the Team Speak 3 Overlay.
- More info please.

Overall, it looks like a pretty significant patch.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 17 August 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#45 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, the Mechs with matchscore 10 are the best !

Thats why I'm loosing so often, when I have them in my team !

I would like to have those 1000 points of damage players with scores around 150 points in my team.
They carry a game !

Edited by Desintegrator, 17 August 2015 - 02:47 PM.

#46 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 17 August 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

I don't think there's many that "carry with a 10 match score" At least that hasn't been my experience and I've been here since closed beta. And if it does end up being an issue it's not like they can't tweak how things work. Although I should know by now that the usual suspects are going to cry regardless of what PGI does. It's what they do.

Perhaps. As I said, I'm fine with being wrong (and won't have a problem admitting it), but if I'm right... I'm just saying things can happen.

#47 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 17 August 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

I don't think there's many that "carry with a 10 match score" At least that hasn't been my experience and I've been here since closed beta.

you never played conquest and assault then

but it's not the main problem... scouting now may die as well; why would i risk an early death with a poor score scouting in a light nowadays?

upd

what's the most amusing, this crap isn't needed at all. nobody can be constantly carried in soloq, why would they hurt the last remnants of the role warfare, to prevent what?

soloq and group queue should have separate ratings obviously

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 17 August 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#48 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, the one detail I hope the devs can explore is assigning a PSR score to individual Mech Variants or Chassis.

Since it seems that we're gonna keep one score for Lights, one for Mediums, one for Heavies and one for Assaults for now.

I know that I can easily gain a high Match Score in my Clan mechs, and lower Scores with my IS mechs.
My Pretty Baby, Protector and Flame for example, are possibly near the bottom in their respective weight brackets in relation to the rest of the available mechs, and feel that over-quirking them is not the right way to tweak their performance.
And other changes in base systems affect everything, such as improving the Heat System, adjusting base Weapon Stats and adjusting Armor and Structure in relation to boosted weapons.

#49 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 August 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

but it's not the main problem... scouting now may die as well; why would i risk an early death with a poor score scouting in a light nowadays?

I mean, you act like what tier you are put in matters other than what other players you are fighting against. If all you do is cap bases and control points and you consider yourself carrying, then... well I guess everything just works out perfectly.

#50 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Addendum to the patch notes!

Resistance 1 fourth variants will be available for in-game MC or C-Bill purchase after tomorrow's patch.

Enforcer
  • ENF-4P
  • 1,635 MC
  • 4,080,698 C-Bills
Grasshopper
  • GHR-5P
  • 2,620 MC
  • 6,542,003 C-Bills
Panther
  • PNT-10P
  • 1,710 MC
  • 4,264,458 C-Bills
Zeus
  • ZEU-5S
  • 2,985 MC
  • 7,461,534 C-Bills

#51 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Holy awesome patch Batman!

#52 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 August 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

I mean, you act like what tier you are put in matters other than what other players you are fighting against. If all you do is cap bases and control points and you consider yourself carrying, then... well I guess everything just works out perfectly.

there are games where it's the only way to win; for instance you didn't get a chance to fight with your close range build and then had to recap backcapped points on a large map etc; or you on a fast light just capped alone in a circle from the very beginning and didn't meet any enemy lights/meds hunting for you... both times you increased the team chance to win significantly

yet again, the death of scouting is a more serious problem and will affect all the modes including the pleb-favorable skirmish

#53 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 August 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

there are games where it's the only way to win; for instance you didn't get a chance to fight with your close range build and then had to recap backcapped points on a large map etc; or you on a fast light just capped alone in a circle from the very beginning and didn't meet any enemy lights/meds hunting for you... both times you increased the team chance to win significantly

yet again, the death of scouting is a more serious problem and will affect all the modes including the pleb-favorable skirmish

Well thats not going to happen every game. This is an average of 100s of games... so I don't think you need to worry. It doesn't really matter what tier you are in so I don't know why you are worried...

#54 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 August 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

performance introduced into the mm rating means a huge hit for light pilots and generally supportish builds, also to the capping, since those earn little score despite significantly increasing the win chance

that's like the most stupid mistake one can do designing mm

Am I the only one who can read this part?

Essentially, the weighting system and new action triggers allow for a player who may excel in a scouting or support role to be just as well-rated as a player who excels at securing kills and dealing heavy damage.

#55 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

Hey Alex, is your matchmaking rank still split between light, medium, heavy, and assault, or will we have just 1 score?

Edited by Jman5, 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#56 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

All looks great.

#57 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

View PostDeathlike, on 17 August 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

Lemme highlight the key words written in the post.

and then right after that they discuss how its weighting the scores. The very next paragraph. Specifically stating that a support/scout could be equally rated with a heavy damage/kill dealer.

#58 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 August 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

upd

what's the most amusing, this crap isn't needed at all. nobody can be constantly carried in soloq, why would they hurt the last remnants of the role warfare, to prevent what?

soloq and group queue should have separate ratings obviously

I don't play conquest at all, hate the mode, I do however play assault and Skirmish, and while with the removal of turrets has seen an increase in base capping, it's still not all that difficult to get back unless you have a team that has zero situational awareness.

#59 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostJman5, on 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Hey Alex, is your matchmaking rank still split between light, medium, heavy, and assault, or will we have just 1 score?

Just one.

#60 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Am I the only one who can read this part?

because
a ) i don't trust their ability to make a proper score system
b ) any such system will anyway be flawed
c ) there is no reason for introducing personal performance in the mm rating as all, it's a damn team game (really prepare to a lot of kill steal rage etc)

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 17 August 2015 - 03:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users