#21 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

I forgot headshot bonuses, since you get to salvage the whole 'Mech intact, it should be a quite high bonus, higher than a solo kill imho.

I also like base defense bonuses. Not sure about holding locks, since the reward should be the info you get on the enemy 'Mechs, plus your teammates getting the info. It is a win-win situation, i do not get why many take so long before pressing R ..

View PostLunatic_Asylum, on 25 August 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

No in-game rewards or items for logging in should be given. We are playing a PVP, not a casual game for children.
All of the adjustments are good at the moment and should not be touched into the increasing side.

On the contrary, maybe it is a good idea to remove daily experience bonuses and cadet bonuses (the two things that made me almost quit the game at the time of their introduction).

Free stuff have no positive effect to the playerbase. It only feeds their greed to destroy a game even more.

I agree with this, actually, aside from your comments on cadet bonus and double XP. They are not really game-breaking imho; on the other hand, i do not want to see, say, random prizes after X battles or "trophies" or similar things.

Actual salvage, on the other hand..

#22 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:03 AM

You are sure, are not you interested in this topic?

Write what you think!

Edited by XtremeAlex, 26 August 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#23 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

CyclonerM:
somethimes the "R" buttom does not work immediately. Have seen up to 3 seconds of delay. So if i need 3/5 secs to aim and fire energy-ballistics, simply the "R" has not enough time to work.
When i use own LRMs, i have a TAG, so i do my own recon. No help from PUG-land.

#24 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

I agree 100% with CyclonerM and XtremeAlex.

#25 B o S S

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2018 Bronze Champ
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:06 AM

Posted Image

#26 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 August 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

I agree with this, actually, aside from your comments on cadet bonus and double XP. They are not really game-breaking imho; on the other hand, i do not want to see, say, random prizes after X battles or "trophies" or similar things.

Actual salvage, on the other hand..

Yes, our views may differ onto the introduced changes; but I was just expressing my own point of view.
The thing is there is enough incentive to play at the moment, and the "weekend" (usually, 5-day) events are a bit of an overkill that may address the entire gaming pool.

As for "freebies": I have noticed some games going down the drain after the developers let in some changes that addressed the greedy crowd "wanting it all at once". What happened next is that veterans either gave in to the ease of earning rewards or left the games. The next step was the "lazy crowd" asking for more changes that would make gameplay like a walk in the park, and the developers gradually giving the concourse the changes they want. The veterans who had their point of view just could not or were afraid to say anything: they would get attacked by the throng with vociferations, accusations, and personal insults (the mildest messages were "Do you not want to give a casual player a bit more so that we close the gap a bit between us and veteran players?")
At the end, we had semi-trash products that addressed less mature, less skillful, and less patient audience; thus, my remark about infantilism that sparked ire in the next person.

Giving more rewards feels a bit like playing old point-and-click quests, where we could not complete one place in the game. We looked up solutions, used one tip, and then, we just became too indolent to figure out the rest of the situations on our own. We completed the whole game with the solution, ruining it. The same would happen to Mechwarrior Online if it starts doling out too much to cater for people craving for C-Bill, 'Mech, experience, and item boosts.

P.S. I am a very casual player (1 hour per 3 days: I have three jobs and a family to feed), but I still think the rewards are a bit high at the moment. However, I understand that people want more; so I do not create separate topics asking to lower the rewards. We have the golden middle at the moment.

Edited by Lunatic_Asylum, 26 August 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#27 countTZT

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

I agree. The amount of new stuff you can buy increased consistently: it started with the incredibly high cost of the Clan Mechs (not that they don't pay it ;)), and augmented with the introduction of the modules [we are talking about 3 million for each one, and there are a lot of weapons (plus the GXP you need to unlock them, but that is not as much problematic)]. Now, every month we have a new mech with a couple hundreds variants, each one with specific quirks that make other mechs less efficient (and we can start a flame on the quirks....). And what about the Xl engines? Eh..

Nowadays, since they introduced the "consumable slots" you spend 40k C-Bills every game since you cannot go around without a Cool Shot, and most of the times you lunch an Artillery Strike; now, don't start to tell me that you don't really need it, because more than once it represents the thin red line between a loss and a victory (or just the funn to do a big mess B)).
Said that, we have to remove a good 80k C-Bills from each final amount of cash; that means that if you earn 180k, you only get 100. If you win... and you still need a couple hundred games for a goddamned Daishi; the first Variant of course :rolleyes:.

Premium time obviates some of this reasoning, but not all of it, since 1) you can only buy it with MC, and 2) the amount of C-Bills is still lower than the necessity.

Introducing new ways to earn money (they already proposed a lot of them, thumbs up for SEREGLACH) might be helpful a lot, but rewrite the already existed wasy to earn cash will work as well. Let's boost the C-Bills gained from some actions (eg. the damage), and a overrall increase of the percentage of money earned and we will be fat and happier.

#28 AriCri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

I don't have suggestions but it should be nice to have more rewards as mentioned in this thread!

#29 Capt_Kobalt

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

Yep all the above!

And how about metals we can earn, when you achive one it comes with some perks or cbills, somthing. The pay out and reward system sucks.... Sorry but it does!

I agree that CW matches should have high payouts. It would bring more players in to CW and get more involved in what is supose to be to core of the game, a war between IS and clan's!

#30 SB315

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

NEED MORE C-BILLS!!!

#31 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

There should be a different gain of money, when you destroy the components.
If you take out a torso you earn more of the arm or leg.

Sometimes (HIGHLANDER) destroying a torso, you take away all the weapons the enemy, this would be appreciated as a reward.
It's like you've captured a mech.

Edited by XtremeAlex, 27 August 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#32 wexo ita

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

NEED MORE C-BILLS!!! add a reward for 12-0 match and reward for CW

Edited by wexo ita, 27 August 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#33 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

I agree there ought to be more rewards. Rewarding good play is important. I like the focus fire & "tanking" reward ideas. Those two could really help with some of the selfish or cowardly play that goes on.

#34 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

You do not care?
You be paid more if you play better?

Edited by XtremeAlex, 07 September 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#35 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

disarm bonus would be nice, since i usually don't go for kills if i can disarm it more easily (only to see 4-6 pugs trying to go full potato on said disarmed mech).
i don't care that much for K/D, never did, never will. i rather save my heatcapacity if other targets are arround.

#36 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

Now this is what i call good ideas OP. The part about bonus for not only for surviving but also for how much health there is left in our mechs sounds perfect.
Everything sounds really good. I wish i had an idea to add right now but i don't.

#37 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostSereglach, on 25 August 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

-Survivor: No . . . just . . . no. Good concept, but it would encourage far too much cowardly combat tactics that would lower match quality in the game. Especially if it was a sizable bonus.

I think it should be there because there should be more to MWO than just allout aggression. Besides it makes sense.
Let's say you manage to survive a match with 80% health and you did your fair share of damage to the enemy.
Why should a player who pulled his weight not be rewarded for pulling his weight?

Besides a less damaged mech would be ready to fight again sooner. Thus the mech is able to strike harder through going from mission to mission with little downtime.
Any sane military officer would encourage a pilot to come home safely with his mech as intact as possible.
I'd say a small bonus payment to the pilot would be far cheaper than almost rebuilding the mech after every mission.
It only makes sense.

#38 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 07 September 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

I think it should be there because there should be more to MWO than just allout aggression. Besides it makes sense.
Let's say you manage to survive a match with 80% health and you did your fair share of damage to the enemy.
Why should a player who pulled his weight not be rewarded for pulling his weight?

Besides a less damaged mech would be ready to fight again sooner. Thus the mech is able to strike harder through going from mission to mission with little downtime.
Any sane military officer would encourage a pilot to come home safely with his mech as intact as possible.
I'd say a small bonus payment to the pilot would be far cheaper than almost rebuilding the mech after every mission.
It only makes sense.

Original reasoning still stands. Tactical thinking and solid gameplay are important, and gameplay rewards should reflect that. However, rewarding someone for staying out of the fight to keep their mech in as good of shape as possible will ruin gameplay (again, especially if it's a sizable bonus). No one will want to lead the push. No one will want to be the one brawling. These things will, in turn, lead to great bouts of anger and vitriol spewing over failures in matches and poor gameplay.

#39 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

If they think, to an economy made well, there will not be this problem.

Those who fight against multiple Enemy (3), within 300 meters, and comes out alive, must have a greater rewards of who is at 700 meters and is 3 kill.

Just think of rewards for the range.

You should have a different reward at the range of combat.
More money for those who kill and do damage from short range!

Edited by XtremeAlex, 07 September 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#40 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

Most of these seem pretty reasonable (although bonuses for things like pressing R feel a step too far for me) but i don't think that bonuses for 12-0 wins and wins which are incredibly fast are the right way to go. For starters, if you blast through your opposition in 4mins in a 12-0 stomp you'll be back in the queue super fast so any minor loss of income from not getting as many "lance in formation" bonuses should be buried under the extra cbills you earn from playing more matches. Plus, while we're (mostly -- I've read some of your other threads, Il Mech!) pushing PGI to find ways to reduce the number of stomps and increase the number of hard fights (by improving the matchmaker) it seems perverse to add a reward for it failing.

Ultimately though adding these things only makes sense if PGI agrees that Cbill income is too low for all players. Another approach to reward tweaking, suggested in a different thread, would be to increase bonuses given by premium time, to make buying premium time truly worthwhile. That way the reward for spending a small amount of € on the game is significant enough make it appealing to far more people (particularly those who balk at the price of mech packs, heros etc), and PGI continues to get revenue.

Edited by Ano, 08 September 2015 - 07:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users