81 replies to this topic

#41 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostSeth, on 07 August 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

To be fair though, there are a number of units out there that that display 'Mech images on their pages (and in their forum signatures I might add) with out citing who made the original artwork. It's usually not a problem as long as they aren't claiming credit for them.

I'm more offended by what they did with the artwork than that they didn't ask permission to use it. :rolleyes:

For the record, all BT-related art of a canonical nature that I make is for the community at large for any non-commercial purpose (this excludes non-canonical/custom/original images, such as those of the Blackburn's Raiders sub-units, my own St. Ives Expeditionary Group, and others), or for any use by the respective rights holders.

If the Lowtaxian movement is not using it for commercial gain, there's no issue with me.

Edited by Hayden, 09 August 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#42 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostHayden, on 09 August 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

If the Lowtaxian movement is not using it for commercial gain, there's no issue with me.

Every recruit they get must shell them out 10 bucks. ;)

But I doubt they're joining because of the fancy mech paint.

#43 GreatBeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Why is the Dragon page using modified fanart instead of the the official concept that every other mech page uses?

#44 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostGreatBeer, on 10 August 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Why is the Dragon page using modified fanart instead of the the official concept that every other mech page uses?

Um, the "modified fan art" was the original dragon concept. The concept art was changed to better reflect the Dragon's depiction in BT sources.

#45 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostGreatBeer, on 10 August 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

As Hayden pointed out, this was the original look of the redesigned Dragon.

As cool as it was, it was based on retconned art, which worked the other way in the actual fight (TT and lore). Community reminded Piranha of that and they fixed it.

#46 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

How does one go about getting a page protected. I don't have the energy to constantly be editing a corp page just because someone who doesn't even need to create an account can edit it to be what they want. As far as I'm concerned if it was restored to it's original point and locked forever I'd be happy, though the obvious best answer would be that only the unit founder (myself) have the ability to do such things, though given it's a Wiki I doubt that's even possible. I'd delete the thing if I wasn't so stubborn about such people. More effort than it's worth.

#47 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I answered this in private to Hylius, but if anyone else has a problem with unwelcomed edits to their unit page, contact me and I can set up that page to be protected and show you how to get email alerts when someone edits your page.

Edited by Seth, 22 August 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#48 NPComplete

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIf there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet that it's farthest from

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

The wiki looks great. Good job to everyone that worked on it.

#49 The Controller

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 01 December 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

Welcome to the MechWarrior Online Wiki. This wiki is a resource database that anyone can contribute to and is solely dedicated to MechWarrior Online. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, I can be reached on my talk page or on the MechWarrior Online forums.

Standard Legal Statement:

Warning, this is an off site link. Piranha Games Inc. and its associates cannot be held responsible for content of off site webpages.

Thanks for all your hard work Seth, we really appreciate it!

why did you not just do the wiki page?

#50 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

#51 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

The NDA is dead at last! I am looking for help from the community to help update the wiki from using Table Top stats to MechWarrior Online stats and descriptions. I would also love to have some volunteer moderators to help update the wiki, double check content for accuracy, and to patrol for spam. Reply here or PM me if interested!

#52 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I have been talking to Seth lately and he is open to suggestions of what content that you as a viewer would like to see on the page. A few things that have been discussed is that of a mech build page and in-game analysis of capabilities and features (e.g. what mechs are used in what roles?). Please post feedback, suggestions and if you wish, put your name forward if you want to help contribute to the wiki.

#53 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I've had some experience with the Centurions.

The -A is best for a support/brawler mech which can protect mechs such as the Catapult from scouts that may attack.
The -AL is best used as a brawler mech at medium to short range exchanging the LRM10 for SRMs
The -AH is best used as a brawling backup mech, to deliver a finishing blow to opponents that have had their center torso or head damaged.

#54 MeepSire

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

What's it with you and and centurions?
Btw check out the weapons pages on the wiki.
And Seth, the wiki doesn't automaticly go to the mobile version...

#55 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

I like their hardpoint tables. Which model has what hardpoints at what location

#56 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm not happy with the mobile version, so I have disabled it for now. I'm glad you found the hardpoint tables useful RFMarine. For a page with a number of tables consolidated on one page, take a look at this page.

#57 Wing0

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Can't acess the site...

403 - Forbidden Error

You are not allowed to access this address.
If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to cPanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.
Common reasons for this error are:
  • Incorrect file/directory permissions: Below 644.
    In order files to be read by the web server, their permissions have to be equal or above 644. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
  • Restrictive Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
    There are two Apache directives which can cause this error - 'Deny from' and 'Options -Indexes'.

Resources: Web hosting Tutorials Video Tutorials Joomla templates WordPress themes Joomla Tutorial Web hosting forum Web hosting FAQ
Links: eCommerce hosting Joomla hosting Magento hosting phpBB hosting WordPress hosting Drupal hosting cPanel hosting FTP hosting PHP hosting Copyright © 2009 SiteGround.com Inc

ps.
I live in India

Edited by Wing0, 18 November 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#58 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Ok, check now Wing0.

#59 VinnySlick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Is it possible to request modifications?

in the FWLM unit section, my name is spelled wrong :)

Also our website is 25thMarikMilitia.com

#60 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

The awesome thing about wikis is that anyone can edit a page. You won't even need to register. Just go to your page and click "Edit" or "Edit with Form".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users