• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:11 PM

-------------- INCOMING TRANSMISSION --------------
ComStar News Bureau
Subject: Faction Reward Adjustments
----------------------------------------------------------------
ComStar News Bureau Agents are confirming reports of changes to Faction reward structure throughout the Inner Sphere, effective immediately.
  • C-Bill Contract Rewards for all Clan and Inner Sphere Factions have been normalized to 125,000 C-Bills per winning match.
  • Loyalty Point Rewards for all Clan and Inner Sphere Factions have been normalized to 75 Loyalty Points per winning match.

#2 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 178 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

Nice.

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

does anyone remember what was it before?

#4 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 08 September 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

does anyone remember what was it before?

Think it was 75K cbills for most factions

#5 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

WTF
WTF

Grrrrrrr....More Money is good for some factions as an incentive to fight for that Faction.

If you want this game to be "REALISTIC"...then do so.

Everything in the World or Universe revolves around MONEY.
I DONT DRIVE A ROBOTIC DEATH MACHINE cause i am nice. I drive it for the Money and them dancing girls in Solaris 7 at the Club.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

#6 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

View Postquantaca, on 08 September 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

Think it was 75K cbills for most factions

It was 125k cbills + 125 LP for any clan factions and 75k cbills + 75LP for low populated IS factions and 50k cbills + 50LP for populated IS factions ...

Well this "CW faction rewards normalized" is a joke ... a 2000k players base faction is reward same way than a 400 players base faction and well it come 4 - 5 months late ( just after tukkayid fail )...
In fact its just a proof that CW is balanced one or two time per year.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 08 September 2015 - 08:36 PM.

#7 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

beating dead horse...

#8 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

Any increases to CW rewards are an improvement, given how low they are per hour compared to assault/conquest/skirmish.

I think an extra 100k for all players who cause more damage to enemies than team damage (maybe given on a per mech basis, 25k/mech you do more damage than team damage with) would be better, and would discourage FF, afk/leaving early and suiciding.

#9 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:28 AM

I hope something is paid towards the losers too, they are still putting in their time and effort. You can't win every game in CW and for farming it's just too risky to get involved in CW.

I love CW but I just feel there's not enough to sway me into these games, it's stressful working with people who don't want to be organised :(
Yes I suppose I should clan up, but I dont have time to commit.

#10 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:15 AM

I said it with respect to the Comstar intercepts and I'll say it again: Making these adjustments to the current phase of CW after months of neglect which have left a large number of players frustrated is too little, too late.

Stop the current phase of CW, make improvements, then bring it back for phase 3.

#11 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 09 September 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

I said it with respect to the Comstar intercepts and I'll say it again: Making these adjustments to the current phase of CW after months of neglect which have left a large number of players frustrated is too little, too late.

Stop the current phase of CW, make improvements, then bring it back for phase 3.

"make improvements"

As in CW intercepts and faction rewards buffs?

Do you see that your statements makes no sense? You want improvements, you say, but those are improvements. What you probably want to say is "make the improvements "I" want"....

Edited by TexAce, 09 September 2015 - 03:15 AM.

#12 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostAgent JT, on 08 September 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

yes but its just upgrading other factions that were low eg: 75000 c-bill and 50 lp

you still need to actually win each game to get theses rewards, so the loan wolves and non group will hardly see them whilst ever the 12 man stompers are allowed to farm.

But from what I hear there are still quite a few individuals that have alt accounts deliberately setup up just to help the 12 mans do exactly that as well as those that are quite openly bragging about the crutches they use in game.

Have fun though I'm sure it will be a blast. :D

Your tinfoil hat conspiracy theory does not stand in the face of the facts.

Russ told us last Town Hall out of ALL Groups, 1% are 11-12 man. 1%!

Your stomps are from 12 man groups, made up of smaller groups, so PUGs are doing it.

#13 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:38 AM

Still not enough to justify the time sink, I still make more CBills in regular games even if I loose.

assault and skirmish is simple. Jump in, rush towards enemy, do max damage possible, get executed, jump in next Mech, rinse and repeat.

CW need a overhaul from ground up, it doesnt feel like a invasion campaign, feel more like an Assault game with 3 Mechs in reserve.

Previous Mechwarrior games had that feeling of doing a campaign and MWO doesnt. So far we been playing Solaris without Duncan Fisher for 3 years.

#14 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

You know... if, you would put a "0" behind those numbers.. CW would be very popular and fast...

#15 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:05 AM

As of almost now, Steiner queue is completely empty - or has 1-2 players in it. C-Bill rewards will not make people wait endlessly for a match (and then probably getting a Ghost Drop or being rolled by 10-12 man premades).

Posted Image

Even if I wanted to, I just CANNOT play CW atm due to low population. A complete restart with accompanying event is in order - and it should be announced at least a week in advance, so we all can rally people who already left back in again.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 09 September 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#16 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostTexAce, on 09 September 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

Do you see that your statements makes no sense?

No, but I can see how it would appear that way to you, since you apparently neglected to read the first part of my posting.

Introducing these improvements little by little into a phase of CW that has already burned out - and completely neglected by PGI for months - is not going to turn participation levels around to any significant degree. CW needs a fresh restart with many improvements introduced at the beginning of the new phase. The single most important change CW really needs - concrete campaign goals for each faction to achieve - can only be implemented after such a restart anyway. It'd be much more prudent to sweeten the deal with additional new concepts rather than introduce them early on into a completely stale phase such as this and allow them to sink into the swamp of "same-ol', same-ol'".

Edited by Koshirou, 09 September 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#17 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 09 September 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

No, but I can see how it would appear that way to you, since you apparently neglected to read the first part of my posting.

Introducing these improvements little by little into a phase of CW that has already burned out - and completely neglected by PGI for months - is not going to turn participation levels around to any significant degree. CW needs a fresh restart with many improvements introduced at the beginning of the new phase. The single most important change CW really needs - concrete campaign goals for each faction to achieve - can only be implemented after such a restart anyway. It'd be much more prudent to sweeten the deal with additional new concepts rather than introduce them early on into a completely stale phase such as this and allow them to sink into the swamp of "same-ol', same-ol'".

i agree, maybe the faction can share the rewards for completed faction goals.

#18 Lizard 5 2

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

This whole CW thing, lets face it needs work. There is not much incentive for players to play it over public ques. not only that but there are very few times when it isn't painful to find a match (other than the short lived events). And when that match is found then a lot of the time either your team walks over the other (not much of a match; may as well be a becon stomp) or your team wont do anything and some then resort to just cry most the time in chat "oh whoh is me" or "some how____ this is all your fault" or the good old "**** this/you all sucks your so bad because now we are down 6-12 mechs so all is lost. or your mech didn't have META. (although i did more damage that match then they could dream of) Im not even going to try" and so they resort to DC to go cry about it or troll/demean others the rest of the match. Granted PGI can do just about nothing about Elitist players and/or just bad selfish ones who are condenser only about K/D or something rather than teamwork.

There needs to be more of a scene of a bigger picture and why to play. Houses bribing mercs to do there work. I would love to see less focus on PvP and more a quest like type of thing where players join as a lance or company and do raids, Intel gathering under the radar, take out a drop-ships or bases, have to take out or defend specific items. the list is really endless. but i do understand that is a lot of work to do such things. PvP things just need a bit more depth, it gets a bit silly taking or defending the same base over and over. It saddens me to see something with so much potential (CW) sit stagnate. I always stop playing due to people not really the lack of interest in the game.

#19 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

the quiet before the storm?

#20 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

Because this really fixes any of the dozens of issues in CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users