103 replies to this topic

#101 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostAphoticus, on 09 October 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Now, on the matter of the subject at hand; I, subjectively, am overly bias on balance, and, too, not having all the facts, refrain from commenting on what is or is not, game-wise, a balance issue.

I can only express my experience.

I am having difficulty enjoying the game as an assault pilot because of how much faster the pace of the game has progressed (speed of most Mechs), and the fire power boasted by lighter Mechs, coupled with their agility, the terrain affecting my aim when I move, and other factors entirely my own, that I may be putting down the game for a while.

I will not play most other Mechs, maybe slow Heavies, because of age and reflex issues, eyes, and such, that Call-Of-Mech (used to play that), as it plays now for me, is too much work and strain on me physically.

This, in my opinion, places me in a two categories; one, a depleting cash whale, and two, casual/competitive type that wishes he could be a little better but refuses to use certain tools to get there (honor or such - if they can do it, so I can I, mentality).

So, when it pleases me, I'll hop on with my assault and give it my best, but am often self ridiculed in chat (self, being me, myself, ridiculing myself).

Good luck with the balance issue.

What assault mechs are you running? Maybe you could try running an assault that has a little more speed in order to keep up with your team. Running a DWF without a decent team to support you can often be disastrous. :(

#102 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

View Postpwnface, on 09 October 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

What assault mechs are you running? Maybe you could try running an assault that has a little more speed in order to keep up with your team. Running a DWF without a decent team to support you can often be disastrous. :(

Well, that is counter-intuitive to my physical disposition. If the Mech is too fast, nimble, or yaw and pitch is too quick, I can't aim.

I actually have to slow the Mech down some and the mouse speed in the settings, and such, so I can even control the thing; when a fast light comes around, it is almost a blur or lasers and some vague shape.

I am actually surprised I don't do more friendly damage.

Been playing long enough to know what my limitations are.

One time, I got into a Jenner and flew into a wall, bounced off, flew over a ridge into the enemy, and promptly died. The thing was like a rocket to me.

:)

Clear case of pilot balance issues; surprised there are not more threads on pilot balance ;)

Edited by Aphoticus, 09 October 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#103 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 09 October 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

That has literally never happened lol.

It's not the elite crowd. It's the Whale crowd.

Just like in reality, those that drop the most dosh usually have the loudest voice.

#104 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 09 October 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

snip

I'm in the "I don't want to be the Blue Falcon by bringing anything other an uber quirked IS Meta or top dawg Clans" camp. Firmly.

I don't need my AWS-8Q or Pretty Babby to be good. I just want them to be at least not bad. I don't need my Vindi to be able to toe-to-toe a Scrow. I just need it to not be as if I didn't even bring a mech.

I'm fine with some mechs being not as good as others. I'm not fine with over half the IS mechs being utter garbage and about a fourth of the Clan mechs not even worth buying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users