#61 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostRonyn, on 09 October 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Why does it matter if someone is tired of a thread? Just posing a question. Who are these people that feel their opinions are so valid that they need to quell others? Even if someone is wrong at least they have the same right to ask that question as someone asking the right question. This is how people learn, right?

I'm a little confused here. Anyone can ask a question... there is nothing wrong with that. Why do you think anyone is trying to quell others for them asking a question?

It's like when a new player comes into the general discussion thread and screams "LRMs are so OP! They are ruining the game. PGI needs to fix them". Any competent player recognizes that this is more of an issue of a new player not knowing how to deal with LRMs, not that LRMs are actually OP.

#62 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Short term memory loss is treatable by one of those Doctors you referenced by the way.

If you read what I wrote I said "IF YOU THINK VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM", so unless you are putting yourself in that group (anti-vaxers in which case yes I think you are stupid) I was not calling YOU specifically stupid. Not everything is about you man.

#63 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

View Postpwnface, on 09 October 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

If you read what I wrote I said "IF YOU THINK VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM", so unless you are putting yourself in that group (anti-vaxers in which case yes I think you are stupid) I was not calling YOU specifically stupid. Not everything is about you man.

No, but nevertheless you continue to show your limited social skills...........you may not agree with the opinion that Vaccines cause autism, but rather than provide a counterpoint to the opinion that they do, you not only dismiss the opinion, you call the holder of that opinion stupid.

I'm sorry if it's too difficult to understand the distinction (between not agreeing with an opinion and insulting someone over their opinion) but surely since you're a programmer you can figure it out, right???

#64 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

No, certain players are most certainly not qualified to talk about balance.........not until they provide PROOF, like say a doctor has to provide a medical degree, that they are qualified. Sorry, being good at a twitch shooter does not make you a programmer or game developer. Beliefs of this nature are the direct result of being raised in the age of "participation trophies".

It's easy to see why you would agree though, immediately resort to insults because you lack the intelligence necessary to discuss a topic rationally.

You really missed the point here. Unless you believe vaccines cause autism, he wasn't talking about you.

#65 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

This thread amuses me.
continue

#66 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

No, but nevertheless you continue to show your limited social skills...........you may not agree with the opinion that Vaccines cause autism, but rather than provide a counterpoint to the opinion that they do, you not only dismiss the opinion, you call the holder of that opinion stupid.

I'm sorry if it's too difficult to understand the distinction (between not agreeing with an opinion and insulting someone over their opinion) but surely since you're a programmer you can figure it out, right???

I love how you resort to insulting people for insulting people.

#67 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

This thread amuses me.
continue

what's your take on it tho :P

#68 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 October 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Well, as long as the door is already opened.....

#69 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 October 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

You really missed the point here. Unless you believe vaccines cause autism, he wasn't talking about you.

No, it's actually you and your pal there that have missed the point............calling anyone (I don't really give a rats posterior about vaccines or autism to be honest) who voices an opinion names or ridiculing them because you don't agree with their opinion is exactly the kind of behavior I was talking about earlier that isn't good for the community. You and your buddy just can't seem to wrap your grey matter around that.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 October 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

It's an observation not an insult........based on the behavior displayed thus far it's a fitting observation.

#70 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 09 October 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

what's your take on it tho :P

Posted Image

#71 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

No, it's actually you and your pal there that have missed the point............calling anyone (I don't really give a rats posterior about vaccines or autism to be honest) who voices an opinion names or ridiculing them because you don't agree with their opinion is exactly the kind of behavior I was talking about earlier that isn't good for the community. You and your buddy just can't seem to wrap your grey matter around that.

It's an observation not an insult........based on the behavior displayed thus far it's a fitting observation.

Boo Hoo.

If you say something stupid, I'm going to tell you it's stupid.

Just because it's not nice to say something is stupid it doesn't make it factually untrue. If your opinion lacks intelligence or common sense, I will call it stupid every single time.

If you don't like it too bad, don't say stupid things and people won't tell you your opinion is stupid.

#72 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

That is a load of BS.

People being clueless about the game is an observation not an insult.

And to be honest, when its an opinion that is actually threatening to the community, such as discouraging vaccines that might cause an outbreak of a specific disease, that is not a good thing, neither is centering balance around a turn based dice rolling table top game.

View Postcdlord, on 09 October 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Well, as long as the door is already opened.....

Sorry I hurt your feelings! If it makes you feel any better I wasn't even thinking about you when I made that post!

#73 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

View Postpwnface, on 09 October 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Boo Hoo.

If you say something stupid, I'm going to tell you it's stupid.

Just because it's not nice to say something is stupid it doesn't make it factually untrue. If your opinion lacks intelligence or common sense, I will call it stupid every single time.

If you don't like it too bad, don't say stupid things and people won't tell you your opinion is stupid.

Personally I find that attitude stupid but I won't call you stupid for having it. It's not your fault you weren't raised and taught that people have a right to opinions that differ from yours.........if anything, it's your parents that were stupid for not beating some sense into you.

See, that is an insult........and that is what you sound like when your bump your gums..........grow up and learn that not everyone in the world is going to agree with you.

#74 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Personally I find that attitude stupid but I won't call you stupid for having it. It's not your fault you weren't raised and taught that people have a right to opinions that differ from yours.........if anything, it's your parents that were stupid for not beating some sense into you.

See, that is an insult........and that is what you sound like when your bump your gums..........grow up and learn that not everyone in the world is going to agree with you.

That's fine but we are posting in video game forums, of course there is going to be insults and disagreements, so get over it.

#75 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

You have the right to your opinion and I have the right to mine. My opinion is that your opinion is stupid. Get over it.

#76 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

Except he is right. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But when they have opinions that are factually incorrect they are stupid to maintain their opinion.

#77 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostMrJeffers, on 09 October 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Except he is right. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But when they have opinions that are factually incorrect they are stupid to maintain their opinion.

Except that neither you, nor he, are qualified to determine what is and isn't factually incorrect as far as this game is concerned.......neither of you programmed it, developed it or marketed it.

So, calling someone stupid for having an opinion that doesn't jive with yours is uncalled for.

Not sure why you're still hung up on the vaccination thing........unless you're doctors (and I'll need proof if you claim to be) then you can only parrot what you've read on the internet, which does not give you the right to call anyone stupid, especially when, if they really hold the opinion that some vaccinations could lead to increased chances of Autism, they could very likely find crap on the internet saying as much.

The fact that you'll spend so much time and energy defending your right to insult fellow players is telling in and of itself.

#78 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

I absolutely have the right to call any opinion I find stupid, "stupid". Just as you have the right to your stupid opinion.

Who gave you the right to tell me what rights I have anyway? Stupid..

#79 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

This needs to just go to K-town already. At this point its just one guy trying to tell a couple people that we are terrible people for saying moderately insulting things on a video game forum.

Seriously... please shut it down.

#80 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostR Razor, on 09 October 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Except that neither you, nor he, are qualified to determine what is and isn't factually incorrect as far as this game is concerned.......neither of you programmed it, developed it or marketed it.

So, calling someone stupid for having an opinion that doesn't jive with yours is uncalled for.

Not sure why you're still hung up on the vaccination thing........unless you're doctors (and I'll need proof if you claim to be) then you can only parrot what you've read on the internet, which does not give you the right to call anyone stupid, especially when, if they really hold the opinion that some vaccinations could lead to increased chances of Autism, they could very likely find crap on the internet saying as much.

The fact that you'll spend so much time and energy defending your right to insult fellow players is telling in and of itself.

I didn't say anything about the game, or vaccines. Just that opinions can in fact be stupid stances to maintain in light of facts that discredit them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users