PTS Related

5 replies to this topic

#1 Col Skaza

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Why not make PTS challenge to populate Test server?

25 matches each weight class with match score ~250 (300 is hard, You know?).

Reward-wise: 1 active premium day per weight class and mech bay or 300 mc for all of it.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

I'd personally suggest more of a reward. Right now no-one is on because there's no reason to:

1: We don't get any reward for doing so. If you have premium time or limited time in general, why do that instead of grinding on the live server?

2: While some might say "Information is ammunition", the problem is that we have no idea what from the PTS will translate into the Live server, if anything. You may end up learning new mechanics just to see them disappear.

How to fix this:

Give us some rewards on our live accounts for participating. It needs to be significant. Equal to or greater than the amount of C-bills we could have earned in the live servers.

Otherwise, the servers will remain low population, which results in less feedback.

#3 Col Skaza

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:49 PM

One more thing I wanted to posted for a while:

3 fundamental rules of game design.

1. About what the game is?
2. How game do this?
3. What behaviour game rewards?

PTS-wise answers should be:

1. Game is about testing stuff on PTS.
2. Game do this by making people want to play on PTS, therefore PGI have more data to play with.
3. Playing on PTS instead of live server.

Therefore, and quoting Greeceball:

GIB MONEYZ!

#4 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

I agree, it would be nice if they rewarded those who participated in the testing on the PTS.

#5 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

Here's the issue. Grinding is hard enough as it is. If we give up several days of that for the PTS, it's a serious loss.

I personally am willing to put it aside for the sake of trying out new stuff, but I can't ******* do that when the entire server is empty.

Doesn't PGI have a counter somewhere that shows them how many people are on the PTS? If so, they should be able to see it's down to me and one other person. They should say "HMM, I WONDER WHAT WE COULD DO TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE TEST".

God-damnit man. This is frustrating. :c

#6 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:59 AM

200,000 cbills for every match where you get a match score above 80. That way people earn just as much if not more doing matchs on the test server, and the match score stops people from just joining and DCing while being easy to reach.

Edited by SirNotlag, 18 October 2015 - 07:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users