Ask The Devs 9 - Answers!

65 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Q: Are you going to handle the destruction of the mech like in TT (simply fall down, or random explosion of all ammo inside), or the Stackpole way (random nuke)? [Adridos]

A: The former, not the latter. We have no plans for nuclear-explosion deaths at this time. [GARTH]

Q: Most rocks and such in the screenshots and intros (not reboot) all appear to be big enough to hide completely behind. Will there also be ridgelines and boulders that will also allow partial cover (protect lower half and allow firing above)? [Nairdowell]

A: There are instances of this, yes. It often depends on the 'Mech, as those with higher weapons can fire over more obstacles, but those with higher 'heads' can see above them sooner. So, yes there are places you can hide your bottom half when firing. [GARTH]

Q: Will there ever be urban maps that look realistic compared to how big cities are in real life? [Spleenslitta]

A: Absolutely, the Frozen City map is not officially an 'urban' map to us. There will be urban maps coming up. [GARTH]

Q: Storms have been described on the new frozen city map in recent videos / posts - are there other weather options planned as well? Day vs night, rain (or snow) vs clear skies, etc? How much variation can we expect to see with a limited number of maps? [WardenWolf]

A: We plan to have day and night maps, snow, rain, thunder, lightning, all the good stuff at some point. I can't give you an ETA though, sadly. [GARTH]

Q: Will there be colorblind support on release, meaning are there alternate colorblind-friendly color-shemes for the damage-overlay UI, or can those colors be customized anyway? If not, will this be implemented later on? [Feindfeuer]

A: We're currently doing our best to use colours and tones that do not cause issue - however, some will come up regardless, and we are testing various ways to deal with these. Be assured that this is extremely high on my list of priorities. [GARTH]

Q: Could you explain how pulse lasers are/will be implemented in MW:O? Is there going to be a real difference from standard lasers or are they simply going to have a little more damage per tick then standards, and is there/will there be a visual difference between the two? [Aldinvor]

A: Currently Pulse Lasers do slightly more damage, create more heat, and do damage faster. They are best used to put a lot of damage on target fast, but are less useful in extended fights. They are particularly good at picking apart Light 'Mechs. [GARTH]

#2 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

*lightning hits atlas' hip gun*
*catastrophic ammo explosion*

#3 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Awesome answers - thanks guys! :)

#4 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thank you for those answers!!!

#5 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Cool

#6 Del Arianni

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNortheast Atlanta - OTP

Thanks for the answers, but many of the questions posted were not answered. ;o{

#7 Delthius

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

awesome can't wait for frozen city! :)

#8 Paralax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNYC, The City that Never sleeps

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Garth... I do love you... Now tell me, How long before we can Put unit Hearldry on our mechs?

I am saying I would like 4 spots (minimualy.. Torso R-arm L-arm Legs (Aleigence, Unit, Rank, "Lucky" aka Mechs Call sign) and am willing to pay a few bucks to get the ability to put this on a mech.... is there hope?

#9 Azzras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

No nuclear explosions. :)

#10 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Awesome, thanks yet again for answering our questions. Its just great that you guys are actually willing to take Q+A everyweek so kudos for that.

#11 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Not blown away with this Q&A this time around. I am glad to see that UI colors will customized, the current yellow all over is just kinda... meh.

#12 Zakaddum

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSiberia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Still half of questions seems to be useless....

#13 dankone

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Will there be splash damage from mechs blowing up?

#14 FreejackeR

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the info :)

#15 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostParalax, on 09 July 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Garth... I do love you... Now tell me, How long before we can Put unit Hearldry on our mechs?

I am saying I would like 4 spots (minimualy.. Torso R-arm L-arm Legs (Aleigence, Unit, Rank, "Lucky" aka Mechs Call sign) and am willing to pay a few bucks to get the ability to put this on a mech.... is there hope?

Likely - once we make the game 20% more awesome.

#16 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Garth is our colourblind lobbyist!

Good news all around. :huh:

(FTFY)

Edited by Garth Erlam, 09 July 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#17 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Well i'm relieved that the Frozen City map is not really concidered an urban map by the dev's.
Other than that i can't say i got much out of these answers. I'm a bit worried about the fact that each map seems to be either night or day time.
I wish the night/day part was selectable for each map instead. Maybe Garth just picked the wrong words though....

#18 Isingdeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I would imagine that like cars that mechs would be grounded for lightning strikes. True they do not have tires but I think that someone could figure out a method for "grounding" mechs at least to some degree.

#19 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

View PostMota Prefect, on 09 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Not blown away with this Q&A this time around. I am glad to see that UI colors will customized, the current yellow all over is just kinda... meh.

Agreed. You'd think with slow pitches like this that they would at least be hit out of the park.

#20 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 09 July 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

[color=#959595]Not blown away with this Q&A this time around. I am glad to see that UI colors will customized, the current yellow all over is just kinda... meh.[/color]

Agreed. You'd think with slow pitches like this that they would at least be hit out of the park.

I dunno, I thought the question / answers selection was good - but then they answered one of my questions, so I may be partial :huh:

By the way, who else has their fingers crossed for Closed Beta Phase 2 tomorrow?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users