#41 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostHenchman 24, on 06 November 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Dude, you posted this at 9:30 am on a weekday....ALL DAY my hairy irish derriere.

We get your point, but you don't have to get all Dr. Phil on us and make no sense.

Believe it or not, some of us don't live in 'Murica.

Including, presumably, a lot of Irish people.

Edited by Appogee, 06 November 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#42 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

Screw this, give us back our game mode choices like they were. My wallet is closed to you.

#43 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

The post is a lie! They've buffed the rewards further! now it's 300K Cbills, and 105 Loyalty... not a bad gig at all n.n

Personally, I make more Cbills at CW than public queue... so I'm happy n.n

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 06 November 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

The post is a lie! They've buffed the rewards further! now it's 300K Cbills, and 105 Loyalty... not a bad gig at all n.n

Personally, I make more Cbills at CW than public queue... so I'm happy n.n

That sounds like active premium time.. since Premium Time alters the contract rewards as well.

#45 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 November 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

That sounds like active premium time.. since Premium Time alters the contract rewards as well.

It does? o.o Oh... nevermind then...

Hahaha, all this time I was never aware I was getting a 50% boost to those numbers XD

#46 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 06 November 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

It does? o.o Oh... nevermind then...

Hahaha, all this time I was never aware I was getting a 50% boost to those numbers XD

50% to C-Bills, 10% to Loyalty Points

#47 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:36 PM

In order for CW to be successful, playing and losing needs to be a productive use of time. Otherwise its just a waste and that's the biggest hurdle to getting casual players into it. 30-50 minutes for a match that could boil down to the same rewards as one or two skirmish matches? no thanks.

#48 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:37 AM

View Posttee5, on 06 November 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

@ Appogee: For me Primetime is when the most players have the time to play. And when is this? When they are finished with their jobs, come home and have some hours of free time, and are able to play MWO in this free time.

Noon in America? Who should play there? People have lunch-break, and must go back to work.

In europe/ germany it is now 18:00 (6 p.m.). So maybe from now on, 6 hours long is Primetime in europe.
EDIT: OK your Screenshot was made when Primetime slowly beginns in Europe.
EDIT: As I told you Primetime slowly beginning in Europe/Germany, people are coming back from work.

But what is the implication of what you're saying... That I should move to 'Murica so that I'm awake when maybe 23 other people want to play CW...? That I should time-shift my life so that I am awake through the early hours of my day so that I can find 23 people to play CW with? That MWO is a game which is only operational on US weekends...?

The point I was making is: hardly anyone is playing CW most of the time, and PGI's paltry reward adjustment was completely inadequate at effecting any change.

One of MWO's main game modes shouldn't only be playable in US hours. PGI should take much more meaningful action to ensure that it is playable all the time.

For example: they could dynamically reduce the number of attackable planets so as to funnel available players into a smaller number of available battles, and scale it up as the player count increases. For example, they could put in place large incentives to play, not a trivial 10% extra of stuff-all like they just did. For example, they could run CW events.

Those are three ideas I came up with in 60 seconds while eating my cornflakes. And I'm not a game developer, MWO isn't my livelihood, and I shouldn't even have to be making these suggestions to the people who are making this product so that I as a paying customer can find 23 other people to play it with ... even when 'Murcans are having lunch.

Edited by Appogee, 07 November 2015 - 12:41 AM.

#49 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

#50 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostYaKillinMeSmalls, on 05 November 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Guys, you need to increase the base rewards, not the victory amount. All you're doing is giving even more reward to those who are already on top in CW. What you need to be doing is encouraging people to just jump in regardless of a win or loss.

Yes, this as well - the best way for people to become good in CW is simply to start playing it more. You learn more the more you do. An increase in the base reward, for participation, will encourage people to stay longer, and through this become better at CW.

#51 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

"In order for CW to be successful, playing and losing needs to be a productive use of time. Otherwise its just a waste and that's the biggest hurdle to getting casual players into it"

This.

When new players ask about grinding cbills, the Conventional Wisdom should be "CW is where its at"

If I can do 4 drops on Skirmish HPG and make 500,000 cbills in 30 mins, why would I come over to CW?

#52 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

Cool think I might have a game.....

Posted Image

Edited by G SE7EN7, 10 November 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#53 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

So an increase in the base rewards in CW would be nice. This reward boost if you win just mean more big teams playing only meta will be the only ones to get any benefit from CW. Hey PGI what about the rest of us? You know those of us in small units, or no unit at all? How long do you plan on punishing people for not wanting to play the same builds as everyone else every time in the same 4 mechs every time? It is like map/mode voting all over again, a clear statement that you have no idea what is going on in your game, and no clue how to fix it, all you know is your player base is unhappy and so you do everything in your power to make the game worse. Until you remove map voting and stop rewarding meta in CW not only is my wallet closed to you I will be pestering you for refunds and not playing. Watch you match maker take an hour to connect people to the same matches with the same 24 players every time.

#54 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:49 AM

Yeah, increasing the Victory rewards encourages nothing but "Comp Meta Mechs," but that is to be expected in the "Hardcore Queue."

Community Warfare does not really support the kind of "fun" playstyle you need when people are performing personal challenges, goofing off, or trying something different than whatever cheeses the .XML sheets best.

So, bumping the Victory rewards without bumping the base rewards is a good way to actually discourage anyone other than the most competitive players from engaging. It's a clear signal that CW is only for those who value winning over all else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users