WLF-1B    -   1070 MC

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

Last of the preorders to be released, first to be released for the open game (for MC and for C-Bills).

Excited it's in the game, but I don't understand why it was backwards here. First release for preorder should be first released in game I would think.

#3 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

A brilliant mech

The only light I've ever got on with - arguably the best of the R2 mechs

+1 recommended

#4 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostTesunie, on 17 November 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Last of the preorders to be released, first to be released for the open game (for MC and for C-Bills). Excited it's in the game, but I don't understand why it was backwards here. First release for preorder should be first released in game I would think.

It has been a long standing tradition to release the Mechs for MC and C-bills from light to Assault.
Also with upcoming releases of the Marauder on Dec 1st and the entire Origins Collection on Dec 16th we want to keep new things happening in all the Queues so to speak.

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 17 November 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

It has been a long standing tradition to release the Mechs for MC and C-bills from light to Assault.
Also with upcoming releases of the Marauder on Dec 1st and the entire Origins Collection on Dec 16th we want to keep new things happening in all the Queues so to speak.

Not trying to sound upset (if I did), just confused a bit. Hasn't it also typically been tradition to release mechs from light to assault as well?

Though, having new things in all the queues is a good idea as well... :ph34r:

#6 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Trying to convince anyone by using logic on a forum ...

*insert Theoden's "You have no power here" meme*

Seriously though, kudos for the quick response. Anything we can do to avoid overloading the queue with one weight class is good in my books.

#7 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostTesunie, on 17 November 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Not trying to sound upset (if I did), just confused a bit. Hasn't it also typically been tradition to release mechs from light to assault as well?

Though, having new things in all the queues is a good idea as well... :ph34r:

The full packages have always released from Assault on down. Mauler was first out of the chute, followed by Black Knight and so on.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

Most people i have talked to has been happy with the Wolfhound. I would pick them up but i already have tons of lights i can't use. Cheetoo and firestarter are the goto lights.

#9 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 17 November 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

The full packages have always released from Assault on down. Mauler was first out of the chute, followed by Black Knight and so on.

Not quite true... Before they use to release all at once, and then be introduced for in game currency (MC/C-bills) from light to assault. Until they found out that releasing that much content (clan packages) was causing problems in game (such as crashing the servers).

I just figured that they should (going from in game release) have released the preorders light to assault, so we all had equal amount of time per chassis type in game before they went for "free" purchase.

However, explaining that it's to prevent a flood of same chassis weight class being released into the game at once makes sense.

#10 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 17 November 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Most people i have talked to has been happy with the Wolfhound. I would pick them up but i already have tons of lights i can't use. Cheetoo and firestarter are the goto lights.

you know WHY they're happy with those Wolfhounds? apart from jumping and the ECM capability, they effectively ARE IS faster Arctic Cheetahs. the fact most of their weapons are tightly packed for maximum damage to a specific area also helps them a lot. in fact, i actually haven't see a Firestarter used since the Wolfhound showed up.

#11 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 17 November 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

you know WHY they're happy with those Wolfhounds? apart from jumping and the ECM capability, they effectively ARE IS faster Arctic Cheetahs. the fact most of their weapons are tightly packed for maximum damage to a specific area also helps them a lot. in fact, i actually haven't see a Firestarter used since the Wolfhound showed up.

Now that you mention it, I too have seen next to no Firestarters since the Wolfhound dropped... Considering how much people were harshing on it during the countdown, I think the community owes PGI an apology :P

#12 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 17 November 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

I suppose I'll have to level up my Wolfhounds. I haven't gotten around to them since once I found out how marginal a pilot I am, I've only been running mastered mechs so I can hang on to Tier 3.

#13 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 18 November 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

I suppose I'll have to level up my Wolfhounds. I haven't gotten around to them since once I found out how marginal a pilot I am, I've only been running mastered mechs so I can hang on to Tier 3.

Probably would be easier to master mechs while in the lower Tiers.

#14 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

Perhaps I´ll try them for C-Bills though I´m not really sure if they are better than firestarters. And yes there are still Firestarters to be seen.
Firestarter should be the better dogfighter with arm mounted weapons... How are the hitboxes of the Wolfhound in comparison?

#15 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostCpt Leonidas, on 18 November 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Probably would be easier to master mechs while in the lower Tiers.

I suppose that's true. Slide on down and climb back up again when I'm done.

Which is again, a reflection of how marginal I pilot I am...

#16 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

I do not have Wolfhounds, but those are the only light mechs that I respect when I drive my Cheetah.

#17 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:40 AM

I really like the Wolfhounds a lot. They are the best performing light mechs I own, but Ravens are the only other 35 tonner in my hangar so I guess that shouldn't be surprising.

#18 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

If you think the heavy que will be anything below 40% when the Marauder hits, you are taking some serious stuff. Give me that when you are done, please.

Edited by Bregor Edain, 19 November 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#19 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

I am hoping for a Wolfhound Event this weekend.

#20 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:48 AM

Wolfhound is not great, would pick an FS9 over it any day of the week - No JJ's for a cqb fighter is bad news

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users