26 replies to this topic

#1 VirtualRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:10 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...day-starts-now/
Debating on spending 30 bucks to get 180 days of premium time with this sale...
Would you do it? Will sales like this be more or less common come steam release? Havent been back to the game for a very long, how common are sales like these?

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

well, if you know you're gonna be able to use it then go for it

personally, I don't always get to play a lot consitently... so I just stick to buying a day at a time.

Though, buying a huge chunk at %50 of is pretty damn cost-effective.

Think of all the cbills you'll earn!

Though I'll say this... you could get a Marauder and Warhammer or Rifleman basic preorder package (2 of them) for 10$ more ($40).. which would have 60 days of premium time included (30 each).. plus you'd get 2 new mechs with 3 variants each and some other cockpit items as well... if you like those mechs maybe that is something to consider

edit: 4000th post. FML :lol:

Edited by cSand, 29 November 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#3 Gorgeous Randy Flamethrower

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

With the ability to activate it in 30 day chunks (via the website) and depending on how much you play the game IMO its very worth it.

Not to mention if you own any Hero or Other mechs that raise your cbill earnings its real nice then.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostRevisSortek, on 29 November 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

With the ability to activate it in 30 day chunks (via the website) and depending on how much you play the game IMO its very worth it.

Not to mention if you own any Hero or Other mechs that raise your cbill earnings its real nice then.

Unfortunately, this is not the Gift Store type (redeem and login), as acquiring the Premium Time that's on sale is IMMEDIATELY activated once purchased with MC.

The only banked premium time is the one that comes with the mech packs (not the mastery ones that you buy with MC).

Edited by Deathlike, 29 November 2015 - 09:30 PM.

#5 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:39 PM

I think I'll drop 1250MC to get a 30 day PT. I am aiming for a certain Marik rank in CW, so it will help me to get there 10% faster. ;) Since the event pretty much covers the expense, I am not using my own money, anyway.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 November 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 November 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

Unfortunately, this is not the Gift Store type (redeem and login), as acquiring the Premium Time that's on sale is IMMEDIATELY activated once purchased with MC.

The only banked premium time is the one that comes with the mech packs (not the mastery ones that you buy with MC).

I have never bought Prem Time like that and that is a total rip off...

Never mind then OP, i would not bother. Buy mech packs and get MC that way. This way it isnt wasted if you cant play and you get mechs out of the deal too.

For clarification that was my Alt account...if you cant tell. Someone pulled as trick on me and took my Alt Unit Clan Permanently tho... :(

Edited by DarthRevis, 29 November 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#7 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

Grab a Year's worth now!

This previous time they did this, I grabbed the opportunity for one year's premium time. A MC and PT sale combo does not come often (about once or twice a year).

VS Mech Packs

This will come up to about $50. which effectively makes every single mech you own a hero and a champion combined. Quite worth it. Between paying $55 for an ala carte clan mech (with only 1 hero), or a performance pack with only two "Hero" mechs, and <$50 for 1 year's premium, the latter's the way to go.

$1 a week.

$50 a year is like paying $4 a month, $1 a week. That's $0.05 to $0.10 a game for me, being a weekend warrior. I find this acceptable in view of the 50% faster earnings / levelling up. Helps with the Grind. Should be affordable to the majority. Its a decent amount to support the game. and not as onerous as a mech pack. Still leaves u the freedom to do what u want then have a mech pack decided what should or should not be included.

Only one Month? Nah

A single week / or month of PT will leave you with that need to fully maximise it. destroying your weekends with the family, etc. With year's PT, taking one week off to do other things is no big loss / deal.

#8 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

I would argue its not a good deal. For the same money you could have a Marauder package + 30 extra days or a Marauder package and some decent hero on sale like the Top Dog.

In the same 180 days of use you most likely would own more c-bills if you consider the currency not spent buying the Marauders, probably 20+ million.

Also hero + premium add up pretty quickly.

The choice of purchase can be objectively answered but requires certain assumptions on planned game time.

Edited by Spheroid, 29 November 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#9 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image

I can't be bothered to activate it

Edited by Troutmonkey, 29 November 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#10 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

Spheroid mentioned (Quote Function somehow didn't work)

"The choice of purchase can be objectively answered but requires certain assumptions on planned game time."

I agree, and not just game time, but also style and preference.

I find that heros work less for me as I always have other unlevelled mechs to pilot. So other than CW, I find that I am almost always playing the next newest chassis to level it up. The irony is that after working so hard to master a chassis, I am bored with it having played with it for so long, other than dusting it off for 1) events; 2) CW; 3) one on one grudge match against other friends. Even the current event I completed it with my W3 mechs in order to attempt to Master them, even though I have had them since pre-release launch.

Hence the preference to invest on generic PT, instead of specific Hero mech.

I also only play weekends mostly. so have to make each second spent count for more.

So in the end, to each his own. But no denying that if you want PT, or a Hero mech, with concurrent MC sales, now's the time.

(Shan't debate about the current state of the game etc, which is another but not unrelated topic)

Edited by Chuanhao, 29 November 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#11 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 29 November 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

I can't be bothered to activate it

What are you waiting for? Christmas? :P

Seriously...do you get something special at 5,000 hours banked?!?!?! Other then a lot more time played then necessary at this point? lolz

View PostChuanhao, on 29 November 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

Spheroid mentioned (Quote Function somehow didn't work)

"The choice of purchase can be objectively answered but requires certain assumptions on planned game time."

I agree, and not just game time, but also style and preference.

I find that heros work less for me as I always have other unlevelled mechs to pilot. So other than CW, I find that I am almost always playing the next newest chassis to level it up. The irony is that after working so hard to master a chassis, I am bored with it having played with it for so long, other than dusting it off for 1) events; 2) CW; 3) one on one grudge match against other friends. Even the current event I completed it with my W3 mechs in order to attempt to Master them, even though I have had them since pre-release launch.

Hence the preference to invest on generic PT, instead of specific Hero mech.

I also only play weekends mostly. so have to make each second spent count for more.

So in the end, to each his own. But no denying that if you want PT, or a Hero mech, with concurrent MC sales, now's the time.

(Shan't debate about the current state of the game etc, which is another but not unrelated topic)

I speciafiacally was not talking about Bonus' from Hero mechs, im saying buy the packs you need to get Premiumn Time, Like the Normal Mauler, War hammer, Rifelman etc, by getting them on Pre Order.

Then you can pick at least 30 days blocks to use the time you have...if you buy 2 or 3 mechs you get 60 or 90 days and can blow one over Winter Holidays and save some for summer Vacation or something.

But as you said, if you play regularly enough and never know what the next mech you are riding may be it is a very good deal as well.

AS far as bang for your buck goes and buying power...getting the IS Origins Collector pack for $40 and then getting one of the other for $20 would get you 7 mechs, 7 mech bays, 90 days of premium time, cockipit items, Weapons Modules, Mech modules 6.5 Million Cbills and other stuff...

Just seem like a better idea IMO to go with mech packs then just straight Premium Time unless you have like 30 mechs in your Garage already that you would like to master...even then tho...get more mechs for your money plus goodies AND Prem Time and if you get bored play with some new mechs.

Edited by DarthRevis, 29 November 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#12 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 29 November 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

Seriously...do you get something special at 5,000 hours banked?!?!?! Other then a lot more time played then necessary at this point? lolz

It's like when you get a super weapon in a game and you're like "I'll save this for when I need it". And then you fight the boss and think "but what if there's a bigger boss?" and then the games over and you end up with ammo to spare.

Edited by Troutmonkey, 29 November 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#13 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostVirtualRiot, on 29 November 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Would you do it? Will sales like this be more or less common come steam release? Havent been back to the game for a very long, how common are sales like these?

Do you have $30 to spend on one game so that any time in the next 6 months you'll get more XP and Cbills when you play it?

If "Yes" then yes.
If "No" then no.

I don't know your finances, schedule, or passion for MWO so can't go into more detail than that

No clue on how common they will or won't be on Steam, but there are sales like this once or twice a year at the moment.

#14 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostVirtualRiot, on 29 November 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Yes.

However, I would go with the year of PT, think it worked out to some crazy cheap rate.

Lil foggy this AM, clarification welcomed, but THINK it was like $.11 a day or some crazy cheap number.

So, ask yourself, is the fun your having or to be had worth X amount of dollars.

We get the Marauder tomorrow and 16 more mechs 2 weeks later, that PT will be put to use, fast.

#15 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,953 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:49 AM

If you're hurting for Cbills, Premium time will make a pretty huge difference in your earnings.

If PT is on sale, go for it.

The bigger the package, the cheaper PT is.
Depends all on how much you are going to be playing, because to get the most out of your premium, you need to be playing nonstop.

#16 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:12 AM

Banked premium time: 8520 hours. Should be enough to wait for the next cyber monday...

#17 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 29 November 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

I literally have more than double of what he has (I've calculated that I have 371 days of Premium Time banked).

I'm in no rush to use them, and despite having double XP weekend AND premium time that ran (5-days worth due to the event), I only spent 2 days playing the game (early Saturday and Wed afternoon-night). That's it.

Not even premium time interests me.

#18 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 29 November 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

It's like when you get a super weapon in a game and you're like "I'll save this for when I need it". And then you fight the boss and think "but what if there's a bigger boss?" and then the games over and you end up with ammo to spare.

lol

reminds me of all the high-value potions in rpg games of the past

then you finish the game with like 400 potions to spare

#19 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

In honor of this "sale", I have purchased 360 days of Premium Time on the PTS (which does not have that sale in effect, not that it matters - PTS is still operational...).

:D

Edited by Deathlike, 30 November 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#20 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

If you're going to be on enough to utilize the prem time, I'd say go for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users