Pugs Are Now Completely Unplayable, Thanks Steam

104 replies to this topic

#101 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 14 December 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

I really must agree. The game is filled with far too many terrible players who have problems with the basic movement and team work... Lets hope the new Steam players can improve this situation... because Ive all but given up on some of the old "experienced" players I was talking about.

So you haven't been playing at all since the steam launch? I heard a guy ask how to straf......Any way...As to the new steam players. Some will be good, others bad, newbies will be newbies. There's no magic mech there. I just hope they will not get burned out by the learning LRM, U/AC, Laser curve.

#102 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:04 AM

View PostMW222, on 14 December 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

So you haven't been playing at all since the steam launch? I heard a guy ask how to straf......Any way...As to the new steam players. Some will be good, others bad, newbies will be newbies. There's no magic mech there. I just hope they will not get burned out by the learning LRM, U/AC, Laser curve.

I have and my point was that there are so many old noob players, that the newb Steam players dont really have that much of an effect. Ive had enough games pre-steam release where once I died I get the facepalming answer to why we are about to loose and why half the team was slaughtered because there are so many LRM assualts and players sniping with medium lasers at 800+ meters. or players trying to continuously alphastrike in brawls while overheating on every...single...shot.

Im sure the newb player will either get better with enough experience and good help (This is where we come into the picture btw), will leave the game or will at some point loose the newb status and carry on as before being noobs.

New does not mean bad, it just means they need help getting up to speed. This is where we are needed to help them with friendly tips and showing them how to play effectively.

Im sure quite a few veteran players were already good with Mechs on release just because they know about BT and have played other BT games in the past, thus learning many needed skills such as ranges, heat and dynamic torso/leg movement. What this did not help with was playing as a team. That was learnt later on the hard way by many.

However Im equally sure, that many more veteran players once had absolutely no idea how to pilot a mech. If you were one of those, then think back to this experience and learn from it and pass on the tips you learnt the hard way so that the newbs will in turn sometime be effective veteran pilots.

Coming here to complain that new players have no experience is just pathetic and I really hope any such toxic player will either turn a new leaf or follow through with their threats and leave the game, thus giving everyone including the helpful or even neutral veteran players as well as new players a much better experience.

#103 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

Every time I see posts like this I think of this.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 14 December 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#104 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:44 AM

"Member since 12 dec 2015"

Come on guys, don't feed the troll!

#105 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:55 AM

Let me rephrase OP posting:
"Steam influx of Baby seals on both Teams, unable to kill enough".

I for one had a lot of fun. 95% of Tier 5 currenly cant hit a racing locust. I took a PSR dump to get in there.

Weeeeeeeeee I am i for a tough ride, but a fun one.

predict their failures, show alternatives. have fun gettin 4+ kills in Tier 4 matches - i hope to get my death star soon.

... on a locust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users