Pugs Are Now Completely Unplayable, Thanks Steam

104 replies to this topic

#21 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

maybe you could be more helpful and help these new people instead of being salty :\

#22 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:10 AM

Please stop. Please?
Thanks.

#23 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

I haven't noticed much of a difference in the quality of my Pug matches, to be honest. It's stayed about the same.

#24 izzycat218

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 12 December 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

I haven't noticed much of a difference in the quality of my Pug matches, to be honest. It's stayed about the same.

Being tier 2 means you shouldn't see them till they're tier 4 and higher. If they're actually starting down in five.

#25 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

The PuG life is what it is. Some of the stoobs aren't bad players. Others are having a tougher time learning. On launch night I had a bunch of awesome games. Last night I got rolled a lot and had teamies that were uber clueless. I've seen plenty of people trying to hit me from 1100 meters with green lasers, but I've seen others with green trial mechs and no unit tag or faction one-shotting everyone on the field. PuGs are always going to be a mixed bag. It'll even out in a couple months.

#26 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

Im actually surprised i havent seen any hacking accusations yet.

#27 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'm in tier 3 and this hasn't been my experience at all. There are a few newer players about but it hasn't been an issue for me so far.

I'd also ask how someone can learn to play the game without being a newbie sometime ... though if they look a bit lost you could point them in the direction of the tutorial

#28 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

View Postizzycat218, on 12 December 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

Being tier 2 means you shouldn't see them till they're tier 4 and higher. If they're actually starting down in five.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that clarification. Posted Image

Well then, with regard to the OP, if the Steam players are in Tiers 5 and 4, then it makes sense that you'd have bad matches. Folks in those tiers haven't played as much, hence their XP bar hasn't filled enough to put them into the higher tiers. New players are never as good as seasoned ones.

That being said, OP, do you know what the nice thing about new players is?

They evolve into seasoned players! Then you have more playmates. Posted Image

So...just be patient and remember that you too were once a know-nothing noob. Think of it as looking in a mirror at yourself back when you started. Help the new pilots learn the ropes so that they can become seasoned players more quickly.

...Or ragequit and give me all your stuffs. That would make me equally happy. Posted Image

Edited by Nightmare1, 12 December 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#29 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

Instead of throwing a tantrum you should better spend your energy by helping them out and giving them tips and tricks. I already helped two people last night to better understand the game and after a few drops they were at least living longer as I was coaching them on torso twisting and positioning.

#30 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

@OP stfu

maybe offer some advice instead of moaning that new players aren't as 1337 as you are.

I'll take 100 new clueless players over a single player like you any day of the week.

I for one am very happy to see a lot of new faces. So happy I'm gonna write a new thread about it later.

SO yea. F**k off if you don't like it

#31 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

Idiot.

#32 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

Write a guide, post it on steam. All this bіtching is pointless.

#33 izzycat218

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

Is the recruitment hall forum still up? We should be directing the new players there. I know most of the units are willing to take in new blood.

#34 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

1) new players start at tier 4, which means they can still be matched with T2 players via regular matchmaking.

2) release valve is a harsh mistress, and I would be surprised to learn that T4/5 players are not regularly dropped with T1s (and T2s with T5s.)

and anyway, if you're any good newbies are basically score/cbill pinatas, so don't complain too much.

#35 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 12 December 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

1) new players start at tier 4, which means they can still be matched with T2 players via regular matchmaking.

2) release valve is a harsh mistress, and I would be surprised to learn that T4/5 players are not regularly dropped with T1s (and T2s with T5s.)

and anyway, if you're any good newbies are basically score/cbill pinatas, so don't complain too much.

New players start at tier 5 now. Release valves will never widen the band enough to place tier 4 and 5 against tier 1. Tier 2 against 4 and 5 is possible though. Russ did open things up a bit yesterday to ease high tier matchmaking according to his twitter.

#36 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

did they change that? I'm tier 2 and I regularly saw new players (people driving trial mechs who don't have a handle on movement yet, anyway) prior to the steam release. Maybe tier 1 don't see them anymore though (1/3 of a bar until the promised land /farmfarmfarm)

Edited by AssaultPig, 12 December 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#37 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 12 December 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

did they change that? I'm tier 2 and I regularly saw new players (people driving trial mechs who don't have a handle on movement yet, anyway) prior to the steam release. Maybe tier 1 don't see them anymore though (1/3 of a bar until the promised land /farmfarmfarm)

Tier 2 is possible. Tier 1 is the only tier they explicitely stated wouldn't see tier 4 or 5.

#38 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

Sadly, yes Steam will add problems: asinine trolls clogging the already challenged forums.
I kinda doubt the MWO crowd will withstand it.

#39 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

lol if you think 'the MWO crowd' aren't the asinine trolls

#40 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostSorbic, on 12 December 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

lmao MWO just launches onto a new platform which brings a lot of new players into the game. OP exaggerates their numbers and lack of skill while completely ignoring that they are NEW. Then posts that he is quitting without giving the new influx of players any time to improve.

Who wants to be Void Runners scores are pretty terrible unless he has a team carry him?

He has one post and hides his tier. Obvious troll is obvious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users