Like A Champion - Mark Iii - Update (Event Fixed!)

214 replies to this topic

#201 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

View Posttee5, on 16 January 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

I tell you a story of a little event/challenge/tournament long long ago... it was called To the Victors.
Here you can check the qualifying conditions. http://mwomercs.com/...?t=201411victor

You have now such excelent qualifying conditiong because this long time players went to hell and back, and constantly complained about such strange qualifying conditions, and PGI took long time to listen. But finally they listened, and I find this qualifying conditions once of the best they ever had.

So when it comes to me NO retroactive calculating of the scores and no overtime for you Sir.
Be happy and glad that you hadn't have to play the To the Victors challenge.

PS: The accumulative Matchscore is a good Scoring-Formula too.

Thinking about the victors challenge brings back nightmares. You sir sent a chill down my spine. Keep plugging away friends, wish I could be on to join you, but gotta pay the bills and feed the kiddos.

Edited by mikerso, 19 January 2016 - 12:03 AM.

#202 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 January 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Oxide with 2 srm4 and 2 srm6 or a jenner IIc with srm36 are the only ones that I can think of that can dish out enough damage and survive long enough to get the kmd out side of the usual light shooting the back out of a virgin mech...

Most of the time the best bet for a light is to get to them mech first and kill it before the lurms get rolling.

Those complaining about this being worst event are probably the ones that complain about lurm boats kill stealing when it was all about kills.

You can call it selfish not to lock but as long as the lurm boats sit back in comfort and easy mode while brawlers try to scrape it out I am fine with not targeting...

And remember, if some guy on your team calls for a push and he's in the back, call his bluff and back up and hide behind him...

The best attitude for events like this is that no one will help you and everyone want what you want... but for themselves.

I know that sounds terrible but there is a reason why I call these events "The Douchening part X"

Huggin and firestarters can also deal the necessary damage. Ach can only do it if you are solo battling in cover.

As far as lrm boats go, as stated above I used a mix of lrm boats, ballistics, and heavy damage lights. But all of my lrm boats have brawler weapons. Take the fight close to the lrm boats you feel are not pitching in. If they don't come into a match ready to get dirty they will need to retreat. I love a good lrm boat, but I hate when the last mech on the team is some lrm only mech getting ripped apart by lights to close to hit.

#203 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

After getting my 40 points as a brawler, I thought of helping out others. But after seeing almost assault and heavies carry more missiles than their engine weight, I gave up. All they want is just somebody to hit "R" for them and die at the front lines.

#204 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

PGI thanks for the mech, statue, pattern and especially the colors. Had fun playing the event!

LRMs are wreaking havoc on the battlefield these days, but good pilot should know or learn the best way to go about it. LRM quirks are here whether you like it or not... Sean Lang: "deal with it bro..." Posted Image

Edited by pacifica812, 18 January 2016 - 02:01 AM.

#205 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

Done with mechs I currently xp up.
Thx PGI for free c-bills+mech+mechbay+statue+pattern+colors <3 .

#206 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:38 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 January 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Oxide with 2 srm4 and 2 srm6 or a jenner IIc with srm36 are the only ones that I can think of that can dish out enough damage and survive long enough to get the kmd out side of the usual light shooting the back out of a virgin mech...

Most of the time the best bet for a light is to get to them mech first and kill it before the lurms get rolling.

Those complaining about this being worst event are probably the ones that complain about lurm boats kill stealing when it was all about kills.

You can call it selfish not to lock but as long as the lurm boats sit back in comfort and easy mode while brawlers try to scrape it out I am fine with not targeting...

And remember, if some guy on your team calls for a push and he's in the back, call his bluff and back up and hide behind him...

The best attitude for events like this is that no one will help you and everyone want what you want... but for themselves.

I know that sounds terrible but there is a reason why I call these events "The Douchening part X"

Been playing the game since July or August not sure, and I realized the same thing. As soon as the event starts, player's attitude changes and all that ego and sefishness kicks in. Before I realised that I was sure that it was just me not going with the team or not playing good enough or not understanding tactics, but it's a no brainer that events like these can bring the best and the worst out of players.

Oh and this: Been playing with my Cicada 3FL for most of the event and got as much as 4 KMDD in a match.

Edited by pacifica812, 18 January 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#207 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

Note to PGI: Not everyone has use of a computer constantly. Please make sure to run events for no less than 7 days in the future. :angry:

~D. V. "One thoroughly 'torqued off' MechWarrior" Devnull

#208 Krispy Fiend

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC/MD/VA, United States

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

Got my 40. Was pretty slow at first, then I said screw it and went with my Streak Crow. Lazy I know, but I started averaging 3-4-5 KMDs per match. So if you still have to get more points and can outfit a Streak Crow it's a good easy out.

#209 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

Same here.

I got like 10 in the last half an hour... no changing :(

#210 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

Frowned upon or not I went with 100% LRM's and a tag and nailed this event in no time. Nothing like joining a deathball and rolling LRM's into your opponent from 250 away.

4xlrm 10's with 2xlrm 5's chained 1260 rounds.

Edited by Lowridah, 18 January 2016 - 05:08 PM.

#211 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

View PostKrispy Fiend, on 18 January 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Got my 40. Was pretty slow at first, then I said screw it and went with my Streak Crow. Lazy I know, but I started averaging 3-4-5 KMDs per match. So if you still have to get more points and can outfit a Streak Crow it's a good easy out.

View PostEwigan, on 18 January 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Same here.

I got like 10 in the last half an hour... no changing Posted Image

I'm surprised any of you can get 40 so easily... I've barely gained 21 in 4.5 days, and I really don't always have access to a computer. PGI really needed to think ahead more about us unlucky folk. :angry:

~D. V. "Can't there be common sense in this world?" Devnull

#212 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 January 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

I'm surprised any of you can get 40 so easily... I've barely gained 21 in 4.5 days, and I really don't always have access to a computer. PGI really needed to think ahead more about us unlucky folk. :angry:

~D. V. &quot;Can't there be common sense in this world?&quot; Devnull

What builds are you using dv?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users