107 replies to this topic

#101 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Patched. Patch validating message: install base is corrupt. Repair tool. Great. :(

#102 THumper9669

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:46 PM

Well again PGI strikes with the new map!!!! Its called a brawl map and if you have LRMS you can brawl for days. You want a good brawl map make a mining map with tunnels that is no more then 400 meters on a straight tunnel. But also have above ground as well other then just tunnels. Then you have no LRMS and would be more of a challenge for the player. The warhammer on the other hand seems to be a decent mech so far (until PGI breaks out the nerfs/quirks)

Edited by THumper9669, 19 January 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#103 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostGeneric Internetter, on 18 January 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

I totally disagree. Some of the durations are already atrocious, so maybe upping the heat, cooldown, or some other indirect solution.

On the flipside, maybe they should just make all beam weapons "continuous", IE: Change the internal timer so they fire continuously like flamers. If the Laser is on, it's firing. If it's off, it's not. I've always thought it's silly for beam lasers to function the way they do.
If you step back a moment and think about laser beams IRL: While they're on, they're on; While they're off, they're off.

Doing this to beam lasers would bring pulse lasers back into the spotlight. Pulse lasers having a short duration makes sense, because the energy is compressed into short pulses at the expense of tonnage and heat.

Maybe having longer cooldowns. Anything that lowers their DPS.

#104 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

Is this a joke? Polar Highland is just a playground for LRM warfare. It's great that there's no breakable objects for better FPS but then, there's nothing much anyway lol.

#105 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostGeneric Internetter, on 18 January 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

If you step back a moment and think about laser beams IRL: While they're on, they're on; While they're off, they're off.

Any IRL laser that is not a laser pointer or paper cutter is actually an impulse one. And utility lasers (for cutting things tougher than 8 mm plywood or 0.1 mm foils) have pulse duration of miliseconds and cooldown about seconds. THELs have their own cooldowns (measured in hours) after they are swithced off. So, sorry, for this type of fictional lasers we seen in game it's ok to have this type of operation.

#106 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

The New Map POLAR HIGHLANDS is a FANTASTIC DIRECTION WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
It utterly changes the warfare. It Is the way MW should play 1/2 the time. It reminds me of the battletech books So AWESOMEEEE!!!

Is there a way to give MWO money to just build more maps like that?

FANTASTIC JOB GUYS!!

It is making me rethink all of my load outs!!! Lights can do more then scramble!!!!

No I don't use LRMS !!!!Posted Image

Edited by FEK315, 20 January 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#107 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 16 January 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

December 19th? That's a hell of a wait for the next patch. Seems someone has been a bit into the sauce this evening.

C'mon! What is wrong with December 19th? Now it says "Next Patch January 19th". That is like 363 days from now Posted Image

#108 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

New map is great, good work PGI.

I hate playing conquest, but this map and the points are great :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users