Warhammer Leaderboard And Personal Challenge Event

121 replies to this topic

#41 Armchair Ninja

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

I was planning to take a break from MWO this weekend and get some projects done around the house. Now I will be glued to my computer until all of these beautiful shinies are mine!

Well played, PGI, well played.

#42 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

View Posttesthero, on 22 January 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

I would love to see a final tally showing how many Warhammers were killed compared to how many and what types of mech the hammers destroy over course of this event.[/sub]

Would it be in poor taste to use this event to level my Bounty Hunter? ha-ha

Seriously though, I'll be getting the personal challenge in mediums and assaults for the shorter queue time then switching to a Warhammer to help with the community challenge.

Edited by Danth Reduviid, 22 January 2016 - 04:36 AM.

#43 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

I guess I will be juggling my time between helping the smoke jag hold our planet initiative and working on this event :P

Need a CW event soon PGI :)

#44 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

Another Event!, so i can expect to be babysitting the underhive all weekend!.
No thanx PGI, think i will pass.

#45 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:07 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 22 January 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Another Event!, so i can expect to be babysitting the underhive all weekend!.
No thanx PGI, think i will pass.

Damnit KHETTI! Swing that hammer about, you know u wanna!

Edited by Omaha, 22 January 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#46 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

View Postmikerso, on 22 January 2016 - 01:19 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Mr. D V,

Let us know what mech/ build you are using. The personal challenge can be done in seven matches, depending on skill and optimized mech builds. The community can help you.

You might not be able to help me this time... I'm out of c-bills, and already purchased 3 mechs and re-outfitted two others that I've earned. As it stands, I'm incomplete on two of them (one purchased, and one earned), and still having to work towards certain other goals as well. As for selling anything, I've learned doing so will only hurt me in the long run, as the re-purchase prices versus what I would ever get back cause an auto-waste of my c-bills. Also, at least one mech I have is a (C) edition, so it isn't possible to sell either. :(

Worse, if I show my build info here for everything I have... ISN'T THAT GOING TO GET ME KILLED LIKE A "HITTING PUPPY" ON THE BATTLEFIELD?!?!?!? :angry:

~D. V. "Why would you ask me to spill my secrets, when that's the most easy way to lose?" Devnull

#47 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

Good event for Warhammer owners mostly. Other people like me will be aiming for the personal challenge and though the complete amount of MC you can get is really low, the first two free items you get are pretty cool.Thanks !

An upcoming CW event will be appreciated, or a combined one like has been done before.

#48 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 21 January 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Russ said that they were gonna do something with the warhammer event that they have never done before...
I fail to see which part of this even was never done before?!!

Nice personal challenge, horrible punishing score formula, toxic gameplay caused by leaderboard.

Maybe ridiculs rewards of this event was something they have never done before ( in this case i agree with russ )
500 GPX , 50 MC, 30 MC , 20, one sundae cockpit item Posted Image lol ty

View PostTom Sawyer, on 22 January 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

I guess I will be juggling my time between helping the smoke jag hold our planet initiative and working on this event Posted Image

Need a CW event soon now PGI Posted Image

CW is dying since 4 weeks and dead since 10 days..

Edited by Idealsuspect, 22 January 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#49 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

nice idea for the event.

Shame the haters are unvoting the map at the last minute because they don't like it.

GG guys, GG.

#50 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hardest part of this event. Getting the new map. Otherwise nice little thing to do.

#51 The Pug Commander

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

So can you place on more than one leaderboard?

#52 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 January 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I see someone didn't listen to my post in regard to the last challenge event! NEVER RUN EVENTS FOR LESS THAN 7 DAYS!!! NOT EVERYONE HAS DEDICATED ACCESS TO A PC, AND HAS TO SHARE WITH OTHER PEOPLE! I'll get maybe 1 day's playtime because I have to share with two family members! Add 3 more days to that event already, and give people an actual damn chance to actually play in the event! Don't be careless jerks! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Barely resisting an urge to break somebody's face in for being careless about the real player base..." Devnull

Being that you are somewhat new to MWO, I'll confirm that almost every single event/challenge usually has a long duration through the weekend for players to take advantage of... most people I know complete these challenge/events in a single day. Me on the other hand, having limited time mostly takes me a few days at times to complete. That's life dude, they give a lot of time to complete for attaining the goodies they give away. Make time, assert authority, rule with an iron fist... become master of your realm lol... I'm missed out on plenty of challenges I couldn't complete because of "life" and didn't cry over spilled milk.

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 January 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Worse, if I show my build info here for everything I have... ISN'T THAT GOING TO GET ME KILLED LIKE A "HITTING PUPPY" ON THE BATTLEFIELD?!?!?!? Posted Image

~D. V. "Why would you ask me to spill my secrets, when that's the most easy way to lose?" Devnull

Paranoia at it's finest... dude, people share builds all the time. How do you think the meta builds gets created and become so widespread? Sharing your build will also let more experienced players offer advice to improve your builds too Posted Image

Edited by Grendel408, 22 January 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#53 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

You might not be able to help me this time... I'm out of c-bills, and already purchased 3 mechs and re-outfitted two others that I've earned. As it stands, I'm incomplete on two of them (one purchased, and one earned), and still having to work towards certain other goals as well. As for selling anything, I've learned doing so will only hurt me in the long run, as the re-purchase prices versus what I would ever get back cause an auto-waste of my c-bills. Also, at least one mech I have is a (C) edition, so it isn't possible to sell either. Posted Image

Worse, if I show my build info here for everything I have... ISN'T THAT GOING TO GET ME KILLED LIKE A "HITTING PUPPY" ON THE BATTLEFIELD?!?!?!? Posted Image

I've been playing for about a year, and I'm always pretty close to broke. As soon as I have enough C-bills for a new chassis or module I need, I get it. That's par for the course, boss.

As for sharing builds, I'm guessing a huge portion of the gaming population (especially the lower tiers) doesn't even read the forums. Most upper tier players don't need to worry about what you're running, since they have the knowledge to make their own builds or look up the ones more competitive players are using.

You also realize that when people target you in-game, they see a huge portion of your build as well? Aside from the game clearly showing you how many weapons they mount, knowing a bit about IS mechs, their hardpoints and their available weight tells you when they are likely to run an XL or STD engine, as well. Good players should be able to figure out right away which area to target on a mech to disarm it quickly, leg it, or simply kill it the fastest.

TLDR - Posting your build online won't hurt you. It might be slightly dangerous if you're a competitive player and folks have a match against your unit coming up, but even then you're one mech out of a 12-man team.

In the interest of not scaring away a newer player, I'll also say this. Don't worry so much, just relax and enjoy stomping around and blowing things up. Participating in the community is likely to help you get better at blowing things up, and helping other players get better is just as likely to give you better teammates as it is to make your enemies stronger. So give it a try! :D

Edited by Luscious Dan, 22 January 2016 - 02:06 PM.

#54 Sorero

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

Played about 20 games, New map 2 times in the selection and once selected. How to win a map that is hardly shown and even rare selected?

#55 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Should of started the event when the patch dropped, we would all be done with poolands by now lol

(I actually like the map)

Edited by G SE7EN7, 22 January 2016 - 03:10 PM.

#56 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 22 January 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Should of started the event when the patch dropped, we would all be done with poolands by now lol

(I actually like the map)

There's good reasons for not doing a big patch and an event on the same day. Give the staff a few days to see if any unforeseen issues crop up and require a hotfix before launching the event. If there are any glitches, you can fix them before people's event rewards are at stake with a timer ticking down to add unnecessary pressure to the situation :P

#57 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

You might not be able to help me this time... I'm out of c-bills, and already purchased 3 mechs and re-outfitted two others that I've earned. As it stands, I'm incomplete on two of them (one purchased, and one earned), and still having to work towards certain other goals as well. As for selling anything, I've learned doing so will only hurt me in the long run, as the re-purchase prices versus what I would ever get back cause an auto-waste of my c-bills. Also, at least one mech I have is a (C) edition, so it isn't possible to sell either. :(

Worse, if I show my build info here for everything I have... ISN'T THAT GOING TO GET ME KILLED LIKE A &quot;HITTING PUPPY&quot; ON THE BATTLEFIELD?!?!?!? :angry:

~D. V. &quot;Why would you ask me to spill my secrets, when that's the most easy way to lose?&quot; Devnull

As they said D V.

We are here to help, and posting builds for opinions and help is totally normal.

For example my main mech when I can jump in will be:
As7- s with 4x lrm5, 4x med laser, and an ac/20 with 3 tons of ammo.
Hbk-4j with 3x med laser, 2x lrm 10and lots of ammo.
Grf-2n 2x med laser, 4x lrm 5 with lots of ammo.

Engine in the as7-s is a standard 300. I can't remember the other two off the top of my head.

I will also run a quad uac5 kgc -000b, raven huggin for lights.

#58 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Just saying, the first day the only map getting played was Polar, now heaps of peeps are avoiding it.

#59 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Son of a...

Didn't we say not to have a challenge tied into a map again? Don't you all remember what happened during Territorial Control!?

Other than that, this looks interesting.

Edited by Commander A9, 22 January 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#60 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

Im sure I will get over the period, but Peeps are avoiding Polar Humplands ATM. Personally I like the map.
Overall though, the rewards for this challenge are ... not worth chasing, unless you just started the game.
Lets face it, they are the left over Xmas presents that got kicked under the lounge or thrown out with the paper & cards.

Might be cool if there was an original item in the rewards like say ... a Rotary AC ..?

Then we could truely experience 'The Flamming of The Forums!'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users