A.i. For Community Warfare

4 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

Since we have A.I. for training, it would be cool to have it implemented for Community Warfare. This would be a better equivalent for ghost drops and destroying worthless beacons. Along with this system, the queue times should be decreased. Another good use for this A.I. would be used for both attacking and defending game modes. Garrison forces would be used for defense game modes, utilizing heavies and assaults, while strike forces would be used for attack game modes, consisting of lights, mediums, and some heavies. Also depending on what faction you fight, they would have their own signature mechs that the players would fight, like these examples:
  • Davion- Enforcers, Victors, Centurions, and Jagermechs
  • Steiner - Commandos, Zeuses, and Atlases
  • Kurita -Panthers, Jenners, Dragons, and Maulers
  • Clan Jade Falcon - Kit Foxes, Hellbringers, and Summoners
For each new mech with variants that comes out for C-bills, PGI could add them to a faction unit list. As for faction vanity, Resistance, Clan Collection and patterns or other colors like it could be used. We all remember these types of sales for the CW hype:

Spoiler

But regardless, an A.I. for garrison and strike forces would be a cool thing to see.

Edited by Will9761, 15 February 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#2 OtterSnow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:29 AM

1st off the AI in the tutorial is very basic (hence the reason you aren't able to move because the AI has trouble with moving targets and moving in anything other than straight lines) according to the developers (having read a few of the posts in the tutorial section of the forums) and will require a lot more work. Now I agree with having more targets and guns in the game just not all mechs. I would like to see some of the other units from the Battletech Universe such as the hover tanks, Power Armors (elementals for the clans of course), APCs with their PBIs, ect. would be even more interesting if you could call them in mid battle as "reinforcements" consumable much like the airstrikes or artillery.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:43 AM

I see bad AI everywhere in the game already... why add it to the one game mode where the opponents (turrets) are more intelligent than some AI teamplayers/opponents? How else would you explain some of the things you see when spectating? Posted Image

#4 Heklin

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:42 PM

Bad AI can suck, but terrible AI makes a game not worth playing (i havent seen the AI in tutorial so not sure where it stands)

What if average AI was counted by weight in reinforcements.

Imagine defending against infinite respawns of light, med and heavy mech until the timer ran down.
1. it would teach player to take cover instead of suiciding.
2. Team work would be needed.
3. it could be pretty difficult making you wish for someone to play against.

If you have AI,, it shouldn't be a walk over, it should be a challenge that forces player to work for it... Or you could have the difficulty randomised by the ratio of the different weight in mechs.
Easy: 40% lights, 40% med 20% heavy.
Medium: 30% lights, 30%med, 30% heavy, 10% assault
Hard: 20% lights, 20% med, 40% heavy, 20% assault.

For me I wouldn't mind if the AI was just average as a starting point. Often we play games to feel heroic in victory,, Nothing wrong with letting people feel that, so long as they feel victorious and not bored. (which is difficult with different player skill levels)

As always,, so many ways to skin the cat.. like the idea though.

#5 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 11 February 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

I see bad AI everywhere in the game already... why add it to the one game mode where the opponents (turrets) are more intelligent than some AI teamplayers/opponents? How else would you explain some of the things you see when spectating? Posted Image

Are you in favor of having ghost drops and waiting for long queue times? We should have other targets to train our guns on. I do think that the A.I. should be balanced to a point where it could range from fun to a good challenge. Personally I'd be fine to have some combined-arms thrown into the mix, but useless beacons and turrets that your group could easily beat in a nanosecond is hardly worth anything to boast about.

Edited by Will9761, 15 February 2016 - 08:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users