MW4

7 replies to this topic

#1 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Does anyone have a working link for the Mechwarrior 4 download? I've tried several and haven't gotten anywhere with it. Thanks. And don't mention Mektek. Tried that one too.

Edited by Grugore, 13 July 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#2 SkyDragon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hey this PC world article explains the exact steps required to install MW4 on Windows 7 using Mektek.

http://www.pcworld.c...ndows_7_pc.html

Edit: I forgot to mention that It also has download links which work :D

Edited by SkyDragon, 13 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#3 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

I downloaded it but it won't launch

#4 SkyDragon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hmm, I would like to help, because I personally have gotten so nostalgic waiting for Beta access, that I decided to pass the time playing MW4! It does help take away the pain of waiting and it is fun too.

So, which step in the article are you stuck at exactly? When you say "It won't launch" are you referring to installing or running and are you talking about "Metek X" or "Mechwarrior4:Mercenaries"?

I'm going to make a shot in the dark assumption here... (Because I guess that you are talking about the final steps for "Launching Game" for "Mechwarrior4:Mercenaries" not the installation of "Metek X" so, if that is true please review the final 4 clarifications I have written out for you for after Metek X is installed.)
  • When you run "Mektek X (MTX)", it appears as tiny orange and Yellow "X" icon on the Task bar. You click on the "X" icon on the task bar to enlarge...
  • From there you can see click a "Games Available" tab with has two sub-tables "Installed Games" and "Games you can Install".
  • IMPORTANT: After you install, you must then click "Mechwarrior4:Mercenaries" and click "update"....
  • Only after the Update was it possible for me to launch the game by highlighting "Mechwarrior4:Mercenaries" and selecting "Launch Game".
I hope that solved your issue...

If not, I won't be able to help you out if it's an installation problem or anything technical.

I did get MW4 working for myself however, so I can help clarify the steps of the article for you if that is what you need.

But if your problem is more technical, it could be important to add a bit more information such as your OS and which exact step isn't working correctly.

Anyway best of luck!

#5 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

http://www.mektek.ne...downloads-r1204

All you need is the 0028 Version and if you plan to play online you need to get all versions from 0028 up to 0030c.

#6 darknothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCanada,Ontario

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yup I got the sp working but I can't connect to any servers in the list.
I can't believe there are so
Many people still playing it.

#7 Wolfgang Von Schmuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

wow: i can't even get the list to show up......

#8 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Kentucky

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

oh my another thread
MechWarrior 4 Mercs while waiting for Beta?
Anyone else playing MW4 Mercs to pass the time? - MechWarrior Online
MW4 - MechWarrior Online
MW4 anyone

please search abit before starting new threads

if you cant see servers by hitting connect you will have to do the reg edit thingy to see the server list

Edited by abetterpilot, 14 July 2012 - 06:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users