#2 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

YAY i want to spend some C BILLS...

well...PGI when are you going to have a MECHBAY Sale?

Also when are you going to have a Module Sale?

I think a 50% off mech bay sale and 50% off module sale will help me part with some MC and maybe buy some MC.

Also a NEW URBIE Variant still sounds GREAT!!! I love my URBIE Collectors Pack!!!

While you are at it a 16 Weapon Atlas with machine guns or flamers would be amazing...also more Weapons...like an Inner Sphere Streak 6 would be great too. I am sure the Inner Sphere techs have figured out the technology by now after the battle of Tuky.

Bought the Kodiak Collectors Pack...anticipating great things with that mech when it comes out.

Edited by Cranky Puppy, 04 April 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#3 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

Awesome!
After mastering all my HGNs back in the days, now it's time for their clan counterpart.
Mine!
Already theoricrafted all 4 since december Posted Image

#4 Cosmic Castaway A90

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

Always happy to see new 'mechs available for c-bills, however wasn't the marauder supposed to be next in line for c-bill release?

#5 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 736 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:23 PM

View PostCosmic Castaway A90, on 04 April 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Always happy to see new 'mechs available for c-bills, however wasn't the marauder supposed to be next in line for c-bill release?

Well, if you are talking about the iconic mech with such singular aesthetics and awesome style, it was never released in the game. Now, if you are talking about that horrendous thing that looks nothing like a Marauder, then the FAQ says nothing about release date for Cbills, it should be soon though.

#6 Cosmic Castaway A90

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 04 April 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well, if you are talking about the iconic mech with such singular aesthetics and awesome style, it was never released in the game. Now, if you are talking about that horrendous thing that looks nothing like a Marauder, then the FAQ says nothing about release date for Cbills, it should be soon though.

Hey man, no need to rip on the art direction here. Thank you for your response though, I thought they were alternating the releases and switching between the Clan and Inner sphere 'mechs for a little there, guess I'm incorrect though.

#7 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

Marauder for cbills on April 19, according to the mech release notes.

#8 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

I think we're still waiting on the Mauler for c-bills, which honestly is the one I was expecting this week. Marauder should be next after that with the Highlander IIC out though.

#9 Cosmic Castaway A90

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostTahawus, on 04 April 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Marauder for cbills on April 19, according to the mech release notes.

Cool, thanks man! I'm gonna be looking forward to nabbing the Warhammer at some point too, love all those old Inner-sphere 'mechs.

#10 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 04 April 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

You must be truly blind if you don't think the 'mech in-game looks anything like a Marauder. I think the design aspects are definitely there.

As for the Highlander IIC, I'm not sure if I'll get one. It's a beast on tabletop, but I've run a HGN-732 in a similar configuration and I just struggle with it.

#11 Cosmic Castaway A90

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 04 April 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

You must be truly blind if you don't think the 'mech in-game looks anything like a Marauder. I think the design aspects are definitely there.

I agree, I love the redesign on the Marauder. For the most part I think the artists have done a pretty awesome job at putting their own spin on these classic Chassis.

#12 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostDefyingReality, on 04 April 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

I think we're still waiting on the Mauler for c-bills, which honestly is the one I was expecting this week. Marauder should be next after that with the Highlander IIC out though.

Mauler has been for C-bills for over 2 months now.

#13 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

Oh really? MC only for highlanders LLC for me. Fix your $hit yo plz

#14 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

View PostDefyingReality, on 04 April 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

...The Mauler has BEEN for Cbills. Where have you been?

#15 Moebius1

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:01 PM

Mechbay sale please, might make for good damage control after that April Fool's garbage a few days ago. Might even tempt me to buy more MC...

#16 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 04 April 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

...The Mauler has BEEN for Cbills. Where have you been?

View PostHylius, on 04 April 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

Mauler has been for C-bills for over 2 months now.

... not paying attention to assault mechs on sale, apparently. My bad.

#17 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 736 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

LOL sure mate, sure... I mean of course you can like the design; it's your taste and yours alone, but don't call me blind just because you cannot or you choose not to see something that is quite in front of everyone to notice.
Since you see so well, take a look again: hind leg and fore leg size ratio, leg bend angle, profile of the torso from the front and from the sides, size and shape of cockpit, angle of arms, size of arms relative to the torso, size of the air intakes on ST's. Go get a pair of eyes and compare the original to this fugly thing, then come back and tell me I'm blind if you got the nerve. Take the time to understand the most basic concepts of design, since you mentioned "design aspects" and you will understand that just having a long torso and chicken legs doesn't make it a Marauder.
Oh and no, I don't want a Pod from Macross if that's what you gonna reply, go take a look at the new BT Marauder and maybe you will see what I mean.

Edited by PraetorGix, 04 April 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#18 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:33 PM

As for the Highlander IIC, I'm not sure if I'll get one. It's a beast on tabletop, but I've run a HGN-732 in a similar configuration and I just struggle with it.

It is a beast in MW:O, too:

http://mwomercs.com/...96#entry5112596

The IIC-build is quite hot but managable. My favorite is the IIC-C-variant. Double UAC/10 dakka with ASRM12? Hell ya.

#19 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:53 PM

Still unsure, the highlander is a tad on the slow side to me, im more of a 70-90kph assault pilot. But who knows I may go for atleast one.

#20 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:57 AM

They're not for everyone - as someone else noted, they're probably second-line assaults, least of all because of their limited speed. Though they make pretty solid missile boats, every missile hardpoint on every variant can support 20 tube launchers

Edited by FreebirthToad18999, 05 April 2016 - 12:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users