MWOWC 2016 Update 05/24/2016

34 replies to this topic

#21 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

pgi could you please create a scheduling forum to make this easier for everyone.

#22 INKBALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

to be honnest, i'd stick to ''rigid'' schedule with a double/triple elimination. So as soon as you hit 2-3 loss your out, and keep going until you have 4teams... Week by week.

#23 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

and thank you for the changes

#24 Max Vebaneta

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostElizander, on 24 May 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

I completely agree with this. PGI can even have the top 2 teams of each Round Robin group move forward and if there is no seeding info then just seed randomly. I would prefer to limit groups to 8 teams at most and advance the top 2 of each and you already eliminate 75% of the participants within the time it takes to get 7 rounds done.

Posted Image

Rules like these have been out for a long time now and it's just a simple check Google for examples. Please, please, please think of the players and what they have to go through in this experience before you make up rules.

It's just common sense not to burn out your playerbase out like this and that's what this system will do because it's tedious and that leads to great inconvenience. The trouble of scheduling a match is exponentially magnified due to the insane number of games!

The schedule is already bad, but they are making it horrific with the number of times you have to schedule. In simple words:

Scheduling a match is inconvenient. Let's make them do it 60-80 times instead of just 7.

The thing is there is a way to seed teams. PGI has a ranking system in place, it may not be terribly accurate but you seed teams based off of player ranks. I mean honestly PGI put some thought into this.

#25 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

let them use only LIGHT TRIAL MECHS.....everyone will be on the same level and only the best pilots win...no excuses about type of mech brought because everyone uses trials.

#26 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

new meta game will be, if the other team is better then only agree to play at scheduled time, gonna be tough for emp/lord/228 players with jobs/commitments

Edited by ironnightbird, 24 May 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#27 Bilson

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOn An Island

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

This is just lazy. It's better than before, as we will be able to make it work with those who want to play nice, but it's still only half-way thought out and has extremely serious flaws.

Edited by Bilson, 24 May 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#28 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

Tourney accounts...when?

#29 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

We need a system where we put in the days/hours each player can play and then 'match makers' picks the best times to make "best" match it can.

player #1 Monday 8am-6pm Tuesday 7pm_-10pm Wednesday 7pm-10pm
player #2 Monday 10am-2pm Tuesday 1pm_-8pm Wednesday 5pm-6pm
ect

Edited by Monkey Lover, 24 May 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#30 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

View PostMax Vebaneta, on 24 May 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

The thing is there is a way to seed teams. PGI has a ranking system in place, it may not be terribly accurate but you seed teams based off of player ranks. I mean honestly PGI put some thought into this.

Ranking system? Do you mean PSR? It has nothing to do with competitive gaming.

#31 L0stA1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

So they ****** it up again?
I never saw that happen :D

Edited by L0stA1m, 25 May 2016 - 12:11 AM.

#32 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostMax Vebaneta, on 24 May 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Well yes, if it doesn't exist creating something first. If they seed based off overall Tier of the team that works for starters. Allowing 2 teams to exit each round robin group gives some leeway in case you seed two top teams in the same group. They'll both be able to get out of the first set and there's not much you can do if you dump three teams in there, but every system has its limitations.

Edited by Elizander, 25 May 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#33 Jaster Me Reel

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

I understand that teams now have the flexibility to schedule games during the week, but if not then they have to play on the scheduled times. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to schedule matches Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night over the course of 4 months? I get the fact these may be "peak play times" but come on, the same people may not be playing each and every night of the weekend. This thought process is insane.

#34 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:50 AM

Meh.

Just let the matchmaker take care of it. Join a "competitive" match option in the client, it randomly pairs you up with any other team you haven't faced in your league that's online.

Having that running will eliminate 70% or so of the need for scheduling, can still have official fallback schedule. I just think if your going to do THAT many games, you really want some sort of automation going to potentially assist with the bulk of matches.

#35 Croaker Munin

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostElizander, on 24 May 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

I completely agree with this. PGI can even have the top 2 teams of each Round Robin group move forward and if there is no seeding info then just seed randomly. I would prefer to limit groups to 8 teams at most and advance the top 2 of each and you already eliminate 75% of the participants within the time it takes to get 7 rounds done.

Posted Image

Rules like these have been out for a long time now and it's just a simple check Google for examples. Please, please, please think of the players and what they have to go through in this experience before you make up rules.

It's just common sense not to burn out your playerbase out like this and that's what this system will do because it's tedious and that leads to great inconvenience. The trouble of scheduling a match is exponentially magnified due to the insane number of games!

The schedule is already bad, but they are making it horrific with the number of times you have to schedule. In simple words:

Scheduling a match is inconvenient. Let's make them do it 60-80 times instead of just 7.

this please! PGI Please just do this.
no stupid round robin.
no all summer long, one 15 min match per day
just do it! PLEASE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users