Future Of Mwo

153 replies to this topic

#21 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

I refuse to read any of that. You made a terrible choice of font which completely ruins any argument you were trying to make.

#22 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostHelsbane, on 29 May 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

I've been around since this was all academic, back when there was a neat teaser trailer of an Atlas facing off against a Warhammer in a huge urban landscape. Since I'd been playing Battletech since the late '80s, and had finally moved to an area where online gaming was possible due to a great ISP instead of a phone company that had 'fast and reliable' coverage, I was elated to see an online BT or MW game coming.

Since then, I've watched as the stack of horrible ideas held together by a growing mountain of bandaids has flopped along, bouncing from one horribly implemented idea to another. "It was ALL IGP's fault!" Yeah, not so much. They've been gone a long damn time and we still have the same basic, unpolished, repetitive, stack of bandaids we had while they were here.

We have one game mode in QP. Skirmish. The others are simply Skirmish with neat places to stand. Murderball up and turn left faster, because mode means nothing...

Then we get CW... Or FW.... Or whatever they rebrand it as next to make folks believe they're 'working' on it. Six maps that are all essentially the same, all sprinkled together on a star map that means even less. Phase three has all the depth of a shadow on a cloudy day, but hey, Buy a Mechpack!

Russ and Paul have been the worst thing to happen to the MW IP in a long damn time. The only aspect PGI got right is the customization, and the Art department has been solid the entire time. Everything else has been a stack of bandaids. Bandaids and lies.

So, yeah. I'm bitter at this point. But I believe that after you've been lied to for a few years, you have license to be that way.

Thanks for your input, I view it the same way. And I really appreciate the "non-cult" mentality you bring to this discussion.

#23 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 29 May 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

I know it's hard that that one girl you like didn't love you back after all of your effort and hopes. But you need to move on and stop stalking her FB, tweet, or something and saying bad things about her to your friends.

well put, but I was her boyfriend before highschool... before she was into money and nice cars....
you are right though.

#24 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 29 May 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

Who are you again? You have only eight posts in four years. Clearly a subject matter expert.

Just because somebody is unknown doesnt mean that he cannot make a valid argument.

#25 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

View Postcazidin, on 29 May 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

I refuse to read any of that. You made a terrible choice of font which completely ruins any argument you were trying to make.

then please read my replies about this subject you gripes on.

Thanks for trying.

#26 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostDaZur, on 29 May 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

Why do folks put so much effort into trying to sheep people into jump on hate PGI / MWO bandwagon?

There likely not one player who can name one reprehensible thing about PGI / MWO but even knowing that most (I did say most) generally find the core game enjoyable.

It's like people need to cow others into being as miserable as they are.

Odd social requirement...

I also like how they victimize themselves and try to be the bad guy by saying stuff like "you may hate me" "you may see me as your enemy" and shits. It clearly shows they have no idea what is going on, especially on the forum. Maybe they are just the reddit offspring that believe anything they are told by their deficient overlord. "they hate you because they think everything is fine!!1!" buncha ******* they are.

Anyways it's that time of the month where you can observe the same regurgitation on both reddit and the forum that i have seen for 3 years now. Nothing new, nothing special, im just glad we give them a reason to exist.

Edited by DAYLEET, 29 May 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#27 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostJayceWolf, on 29 May 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

- Dear grandpa, it is called Chemo therapy.... the reason it's been "barely surviving" is because grannies like you and other "trailer park boys" threw millions of dollars at PGI. (just so you know... millions of $ = the same gross revenue a small 7/11 makes).

Posted Image

#28 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 29 May 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

I also like how they victimize themselves and try to be the bad guy by saying stuff like "you may hate me" "you may see me as your enemy" and shits. It clearly shows they have no idea what is going on, especially on the forum. Maybe they are just the reddit offspring that believe anything they are told by their deficient overlord. "they hate you because they think everything is fine!!1!" buncha ******* they are.

Anyways it's that time of the month where you can observe the same regurgitation on both reddit and the forum that i have seen for 3 years now. Nothing new, nothing special, im just glad we give them a reason to exist.

Yes sir, you are the perfect example of "freaking out"... I am sorry it insulted your cult. Please don't read further and move on.

Thanks for reading in the first place.

Also, those of us that rant about this are usually the new players that could have possibly supported the game.
and a few of us whom been with this since 2013 and are just plain tired.

#29 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

didn't read

#30 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

View PostSkyHammyr, on 29 May 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

lmao xD that was a nice gif reply. I am glad you understand the satire nature of the quote you have quoted.

View Postmeteorol, on 29 May 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

didn't read

Thanks for trying.

#31 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

View PostChaoticUrlond, on 29 May 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Fun Fact Microsoft would just make another Mech Assault Game, or another Mechwarrior game thats properly done.

Fun Fact: Microsoft had and did nothing with the IP for more than a decade after MW4 and ended up selling it. So they clearly would not.

#32 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

View PostJason Parker, on 29 May 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Fun Fact: Microsoft had and did nothing with the IP for more than a decade after MW4 and ended up selling it. So they clearly would not.

there's also a reason behind that, because Microsoft didn't see any profits in it with the small fan base. I do applaud PGI for taking the hit even after knowing this.

#33 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

You are really going to base off Steam numbers? That the average Steam user has an attention span of a Gnat.....get real numbers then we talk.....PGI has had to drive this ship solo after IGP pulled their end out....PGI is also a small company compared to EA or Activision ect.....Relax MWO is not in apocalypse mode.....nor will it for awhile. They just need add somethings and it.will be good.
Biggest for me are tech/time jump and PVE mode.

#34 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostJayceWolf, on 29 May 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Thanks for reading in the first place.

I didnt really, i read the title and the last line then a few reply. I assume youre the usual troll who rant about the exact same thing everybody rant all the time, my post got the reply i expected =) Your definition of "freaking out" need updating(no it doesnt, thats what trolls do, but it's a secret between you and me ok).

#35 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostCK16, on 29 May 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

You are really going to base off Steam numbers? That the average Steam user has an attention span of a Gnat.....get real numbers then we talk.....PGI has had to drive this ship solo after IGP pulled their end out....PGI is also a small company compared to EA or Activision ect.....Relax MWO is not in apocalypse mode.....nor will it for awhile. They just need add somethings and it.will be good.
Biggest for me are tech/time jump and PVE mode.

If you read what I wrote... I didn't just go off of the steam numbers. I also said that the Steam Data is the only thing we have right now. In return, I ask you for the numbers of "off-steam" clients. Do you have it?

View PostDAYLEET, on 29 May 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

I didnt really, i read the title and the last line then a few reply. I assume youre the usual troll who rant about the exact same thing everybody rant all the time, my post got the reply i expected =) Your definition of "freaking out" need updating(no it doesnt, thats what trolls do, but it's a secret between you and me ok).

ok, so you didn't read anything and went off of "blind anger". You have educated me further on the people behind these anger replies.

Therefore, I don't feel the need to reply to you any further. Thank you for your blind input though.

#36 BetterDeadThanRed

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

#37 TheVent

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

As a player with a little over 6 months experience (bring on the "noob" hate) and having actually played each class for more than 10 seconds, I would say that there is no problem with Mechwarrior Online THE GAME at all. The problem is with the people who choose to play it, or more specifically not to play it. The franchise has always had what one might call a cult following, but one apparently large enough to be considered significant and profitable.

If you think MWO sucks because:

1) It's not call of duty

2) It takes too long to grind c-bills/xp

3) It's too easy to die and you can't Rambo that **** in an Ebon Jaguar

You can **** right on off. You're either playing the wrong game for you because you have no patience, or you haven't ever played a game in which it took actual time to grind out levels and currency.

The largest and potentially the root of all problems with this game right now is that more people need to play it and the people that are playing it need to take the time to understand how to be the best at it that they can be. New players aren't the issue. If you see someone being a dipshit go help them out. If they don't appreciate your advice then they'll either figure it out or quit playing and the rest of us that thoroughly enjoy this masterpiece of a game and know how it is meant to be played can continue enjoying it.

#38 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostJayceWolf, on 29 May 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

ok, so you didn't read anything and went off of "blind anger".

i cannot take this anymore!!! the first post was an affront to my fragile sanity!!! i will not suffer that rant111 this is too much for me to kdk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

im as bored as you are.

#39 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

Well, yes there are many "MMO's" out there doing considerably better in the numbers dept... Several far worse though.

It's a game for us but ultimately like anything else it is a business....and if it wasn't making money, no one would bother keeping it live.

Not saying it's tremendous or couldn't be better etc blah blah.... but it's rather incredible to me that for all the doomsaying about MWO over the years it's still around with plans for the foreseeable future.

One day MWO will see it's final day, but it will not be via any prophecy for which we can already see those coming out of the woodwork with "I told you so" on their lips. It'll be for the same reason anything else see's its day...inevitability. There's always a bigger fish and everything has its time.

Everyone has their opinions and feelings.... even myself. I support MWO but no... I have not been overjoyed with everything that's been done. However with the exception of maybe Everquest...there is not a single title I've played longer. I guess it can't be that bad.

Then again It really is just a game to me.....not a way of life.

#40 JayceWolf

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostTheVent, on 29 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

As a player with a little over 6 months experience (bring on the "noob" hate) and having actually played each class for more than 10 seconds, I would say that there is no problem with Mechwarrior Online THE GAME at all. The problem is with the people who choose to play it, or more specifically not to play it. The franchise has always had what one might call a cult following, but one apparently large enough to be considered significant and profitable.

If you think MWO sucks because:

1) It's not call of duty

2) It takes too long to grind c-bills/xp

3) It's too easy to die and you can't Rambo that **** in an Ebon Jaguar

You can **** right on off. You're either playing the wrong game for you because you have no patience, or you haven't ever played a game in which it took actual time to grind out levels and currency.

The largest and potentially the root of all problems with this game right now is that more people need to play it and the people that are playing it need to take the time to understand how to be the best at it that they can be. New players aren't the issue. If you see someone being a dipshit go help them out. If they don't appreciate your advice then they'll either figure it out or quit playing and the rest of us that thoroughly enjoy this masterpiece of a game and know how it is meant to be played can continue enjoying it.

I've been playing since closed alpha, True... it needs more players and less COD fans.

BUT...... no where in my rant did I complained about the grind mechanic or any of the rants you listed.

please read again, thank you.

View PostDAYLEET, on 29 May 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

i cannot take this anymore!!! the first post was an affront to my fragile sanity!!! i will not suffer that rant111 this is too much for me to kdk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

im as bored as you are.

I figured as much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users