- - - - -

I Lost A Kodiak?

27 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

I bought the 3 pack plus the Hero add-on.

I've been working on my smaller one's pilot trees so I have not paid them a lot of attention.

I looked yesterday and I had the KBK-1, the KBK-3, and the KBK-SB. So where is the KDK-2?

I've connected with customer support so hopefully tomorrow this will be figured out.

There is no way i believe I sold one but I was wondering, is there anywhere you can go to see what you have sold etc?

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

Have you checked down the back of the sofa?

But seriously, did you log out and log back in. Sometimes stuff goes missing, then comes back on the next re-sync.

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

First law of anything related to a PC. Turn it off and then on again.

But it is the 3rd day and still a Bear is missing, lol

#4 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 May 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

Now that is weird. Best of luck to you getting it back.

#5 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 May 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

First law of anything related to a PC. Turn it off and then on again.

Did you sell it by accident, during a fit a drunken stupor?

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 30 May 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

Did you sell it by accident, during a fit a drunken stupor?

Good question. I do not sleep well so maybe I sold it and I was so tired and I do not remember it. And I have sold 4 Mechs. But when i sell them, I strip them of everything.

I know I sold 4 Mechs. I have 11 now with 16 mech bays. And I'm pretty sure I was given one Mech bay. I'm just going to see what support says.

Right now I'm pretty depressed about my future in this game. How long as MWO been going btway?

#7 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 May 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Good question. I do not sleep well so maybe I sold it and I was so tired and I do not remember it. And I have sold 4 Mechs. But when i sell them, I strip them of everything.

I know I sold 4 Mechs. I have 11 now with 16 mech bays. And I'm pretty sure I was given one Mech bay. I'm just going to see what support says.

Right now I'm pretty depressed about my future in this game. How long as MWO been going btway?

Some would say too long....

4-5 years anyways, the Guy running the show (Russ) wants to go till sometime around 2020.

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Wow, I'm freaking blown away. I got an e-mail saying that I sold the KDK-2 at 11:00am on the morning of the 18th. I'm pretty sure we only got it on the 17th.

So I sold the only Kodiak that had jump jets. I sold a mech that is not even for sale yet in the store. And I had no need for the C-Bills or the extra Mech bay.

I know in Madden accounts were hacked but this should be a different situation. And I do not know anyone that hates me so much.

Thanks so much everyone, I know I've been a pain. And I know it was my fault that i put so much real money into this game. If i could, I'd give this all away to another new player. I even have 60 days of PT banked and i do not want to play or to use it.

#9 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

You still have 3 Kodiaks to unlock elite skills, the KDK-3 is widely regarded as the most overpowered mech currently, and the Spirit Bear makes a great SRM brawler. Assault mech hoverjets are terribly disappointing anyway.

#10 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

I'd send in a support ticket. Tell them that you sold the mech by mistake. it is entirely possible that they will put it back for you, but generally players only get one *oops*. Good luck.

#11 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

They sent me a list of items I sold. Almost all of them on the 18th. I do remember selling about 10 extra lasers of one kind I had 24 of.

I remember selling the Stormcrow Prime after I bought the Prime (C) which should have been on the 23rd. I got 3,628,452 C-Bills for that. They say that I sold it on the 18th but also have it listed as being sold on the 23rd so....

And I sold a KDK-2 for .........2,959,321 C-Bills. And this is one I wanted because the little jump jets could get me over a hump, something I've been having problems with as far as the others.

I do have vision problems, my right eye is healing well and I will be able to get glasses in about 3 weeks. I do have some other problems (I'm disabled) and the medications do not help. My memory is really bad now, I have to write basic things down to remember them. I have problems spelling. I find it hard to believe that I was an Army Officer. It all seems like a dream or a nightmare.

I'm allergic to 1000's of chemicals which include alcohol so I do not drink. And that includes pain medication so I'm always in pain and sometimes the nausea is overwhelming. And at times, it is so bad I do things that I can't remember.

It just seems like I did something stupid again. I once taught Logic and History and now I can't remember or use it. If there are intelligence tests for this game, I've failed them.

I'm too embarrassed to ask for a "oops" but thank you :)

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 30 May 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#12 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

You should ask support if they will help you out on this.

Based on past experience, I am pretty sure they would be willing to help since you are relatively new, have been spending some real money on the game and the user interface can be a little confusing sometimes particularly when you are not focused due to tiredness, etc.

I assure you that you are not the first to mistakenly buy/sell something and you will not be the last.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 30 May 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#13 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

Thanks, I will think about it overnight. I have way more C-Bills then needed to "buy it back".

But I'm failing badly in playing them. I can get 500 damage with my Kit Fox in a QP match and maybe 200 with a Kodiak.

A man needs to know his limitations......

#14 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

Assaults play very differently from lights, takes time to forget what you have been doing in faster mechs and learn what to do / not to do in Assaults.

Variety is the spice of life :)

#15 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

Sorry to hear that you're unwell.

Assaults play very differently to Lights, and it's often a matter of picking your moment to engage very carefully, so that you're not left hanging out front getting hammered.... particularly in PUG games.

I suggest you stick with an Atlas or another Kodiak, and just go where he goes. You may be sticking with a bad pilot (inevitable in most PUG matches) but at least you'll have the power of two if you get out of position. And sometimes you'll stick with a good pilot who will show you how to be patient, and when to engage and get the most out of an Assault.

#16 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:59 AM

I totally get where your coming from Like, I suffer from PTSD, after three combat tours in Iraq, it took me a long time to find my new normal... I still don't sleep well almost 5 years later.... upside is, I'm the one to get up with the kids in the middle of the night.

#17 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:27 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 30 May 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Some would say too long....

4-5 years anyways, the Guy running the show (Russ) wants to go till sometime around 2020.

2020 is that all? Why not like EQ? 2011 to 2030? Or, in EQ case 1999-2016 and still going.

#18 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:36 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 31 May 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

2020 is that all? Why not like EQ? 2011 to 2030? Or, in EQ case 1999-2016 and still going.

E-sports.

Russ' pipe dream, if he wants it to go E-sports, then a lot is going to have to change, at the cost of alienating his core audience, the Battle Tech Whales.

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 31 May 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

I totally get where your coming from Like, I suffer from PTSD, after three combat tours in Iraq, it took me a long time to find my new normal... I still don't sleep well almost 5 years later.... upside is, I'm the one to get up with the kids in the middle of the night.

Thanks Brother. I try not to think about the past or to even talk about things.

#20 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostAppogee, on 30 May 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Assaults play very differently to Lights, and it's often a matter of picking your moment to engage very carefully, so that you're not left hanging out front getting hammered.... particularly in PUG games.

I suggest you stick with an Atlas or another Kodiak, and just go where he goes. You may be sticking with a bad pilot (inevitable in most PUG matches) but at least you'll have the power of two if you get out of position. And sometimes you'll stick with a good pilot who will show you how to be patient, and when to engage and get the most out of an Assault.

I often find myself out front too much. It seems like these quick plays work out into triplex acies (triple battle order). The Hastati are out front getting popped. The bigger Principes are in the middle firing from afar. And in the back, often in a trench are the LRM firing Triarii.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 31 May 2016 - 05:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users