June 17Th Town Hall Meeting Archive On Youtube.

58 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

Town Hall meeting with Russ Bullock

Topics include the Summer updates! Command Wheel,
BattleMech Rescale, changes to the Assault game mode,
the new Heat System, and much more!

YOU TUBE ARCHIVE

Time: 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT / 1am UTC

#2 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

Much, much, more, being Questions and answers ?

#3 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

Any word on Oculus support? Maybe a prototype this year?

Bought it just for this game.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

So how 'bout dem Quads, though?

#5 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

Let me guess ... blah blah blah ... who wants to buy a mech pack?

#6 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

PleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRuss

NotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRuss

Edited by MovinTarget, 16 June 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#7 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hey, can we fix the Phoenix Hawk to populate the forearm E hardpoint first? (This fits concept art and lore)

If no, and dual pistols on nearly every model were the intent, could we remove the useless bulge from the back of the arm on nearly every variant?

#8 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

Now living.
1. When the streaks will be improved?
2. Or have a module"streak" that hit a point more than 40% damage?
3. It is possible to correct the Ams vs Streaks clans?
4.ECM has an error with the Beagle. Example ECM and 90m 120m Beagle Beagle but one can set aside 2 ECM if you are out of the ECM 90m and an error or correct this?
5. I wonder when Victor mech his arm angle and fixed?

Edited by K19, 16 June 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#9 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 June 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

PleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRussPleaseBeDrunkFunRuss

NotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRussNotBoringSoberRuss

LAWLZ, +150 to this, with the added bonus of laughing at the church ladies and their disturbed sensibilities afterwards XD

#10 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

With limited dev resources, new CW gamemodes arguably less work than a Solaris feature, and Solaris geared toward players who are already playing, what are your reasons for continuing to travel in an eSports direction?

#11 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostCathy, on 16 June 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Much, much, more, being Questions and answers ?

Note: not just a reply to you Cathy

Well, being that they actually listed some topics they plan on covering, perhaps they have actually taken some of my and other's feedback about the cray cray willy nilly wasted time issues of past town halls and Russ might actually have some sort of outline to what he wants to cover.

If they are going to be a little more structured, don;t be upset if he doesn;t have an immediate definitive answer for a question you have. Part of the feedback given was that he would note a new question, and then get back to us with an actual answer for the next town hall. That is not to say you should not ask, please do. But I hope the community will get behind Russ for once if he makes a more structured, less repeating himself with vague non-answers town hall. If his answer to a question is " I will make note of that and make sure to have an answer for you guys next time" lets see if he delivers for once and not just jump down PGI's throat on the forums immediatly.

The fact it was put off a little longer then the previous intervals this time is IMO a good sign already. hopefully this TH is right full of juicy info and meaningful answers. I will have to make time to tune in.

#12 GothicVash

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

will the devs address the disconnecting issue at all... or any time soon. its been going on for as long as i can remember and ive been playing a long time. would be nice to not get disconnected or the black screen of doom.

#13 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

At this point, it seems like town halls are just Russ talking at us, not with us. Followed by the inevitable mech pack announcement. I'll stick to the Reddit summary which takes all of 5 minutes to read

#14 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Even though I think Russ seems like a decent guy and this Town Hall seems to have a little more that they will be talking about, I still think it will just be a bunch of softball questions followed by vague answers followed by a Mech Pack.

I would rather see some tough questions followed by some straight answers

Like, why did they sabotage the FP Solo que and scrap in less that a week without making any kind of effort to get it to work?

Will there ever be PvE? Or is it just something that they use to string people along?

But of course those questions wont be asked.

I will probably just pass on this Town Hall and wait for the condensed notes.

Tired of wasting my time

#15 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 16 June 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Even though I think Russ seems like a decent guy and this Town Hall seems to have a little more that they will be talking about, I still think it will just be a bunch of softball questions followed by vague answers followed by a Mech Pack.

I would rather see some tough questions followed by some straight answers

Like, why did they sabotage the FP Solo que and scrap in less that a week without making any kind of effort to get it to work?

Will there ever be PvE? Or is it just something that they use to string people along?

But of course those questions wont be asked.

I will probably just pass on this Town Hall and wait for the condensed notes.

Tired of wasting my time

I am absolutely with you on your thoughts about the solo queue for FP but I see no reason to ask questions with such an adversarial tone. That is not going to gain the community anything.

I have gotten answers to some of my questions at the previous Town Halls but I phrased the questions in a non-threatening or accusing manner and got answers with substance. One was on the re-scale which got the "coming in June. " answer. Another was on the new heat scale/power draw to which he responded that they had to go back to the drawing board after the engineers expressed concerns about hit reg problems with the proposed mechanics.

Attacking Russ on subjects is not a productive way to get answers to your questions. If you lead in to the question with an accusation then you will be ignored or get a "that has been asked before" response..

If you want to call it "softballing" then that is fine. I call it being respectful and constructive when giving feedback and requesting information.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 16 June 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

With limited dev resources, new CW gamemodes arguably less work than a Solaris feature, and Solaris geared toward players who are already playing, what are your reasons for continuing to waste time on Ghost Heat 2.0?

FTFY

Probably not going to tune in because I'm just going to get frustrated by the Ghost Heat 2.0 discussion.

#17 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:48 PM

If it snot going to be just reduced heat treshold, then I only have the questions: WHY not simply testing 30 capped heattreshold (but movment not causing heat) without any Heatsinks increasing it?

Thsi was working already in MW3 to prevent all the high alpha derps.

Edited by Lily from animove, 16 June 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#18 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

Can we scrap the energy draw system and just stay with the lore by shaking the reticle when too many energy weapons get fired? We already have this system for jumping and using masc, why not also for the laser vomit? If someone shoots 4 energy weapons the reticle shakes as if he was using masc, 6 energy weapons and it shakes like he was jumping. The laser beam hits the target at first but then gets blurred randomly and limits the damage drastically. It would be reasonable to use when you look at the original tabletop rules, heat of 17 means +3 to hit, heat of 24 means +4 to hit:
http://www.sarna.net...t_Effects_Table

Pros for reticle shake:
  • noobfriendly
  • needs a 5 secounds introduction in a tutorial
  • your developers can recycle existing objects
  • very easy to balance and adaptable after implementation
  • direct feedback on the screen makes it easily comprehensible
  • no need for another scale in the user interface
  • reduced risk to implement new bugs

Contras for the energy draw system:
  • needs a 10 minute introduction in a tutorial
  • players will need a cheatsheet at first
  • after the implementation, any change needs another testserver, cheatsheets etc.
  • noobUNfriendly
  • it will make pilots leave the game

And if someone shuts down because of overheating due to a laser vomit, change the heat dissipation to 50% like it is in the tabletop rules. This could be another already existing way to reduce laser vomit btw ..

#19 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

1. Can we get an exact date for decals?

2. Custom geometry plans?

3. Your opinion on the Nightstar battlemech? (See my SIG.)

4. Any thoughts on PvP/PvE campaigns?

5. Would you consider an 8v8 mode for FP/CW?

#20 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

reticle shake AND movement reduction from high heat is a lot truer to lore than how it is now, or how its about to be changed to. A lot easier to understand for new players also. Also it would actually make that convergence skill useful again, as something that reduces the reticle shake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users