Bring The Heat Event

101 replies to this topic

#41 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

Well played, PGI, well played! :)

#42 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostTercieI, on 23 June 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Double XP weekend or leaderboard event? WHY NOT BOTH!!?!??!? <3 Sweeeeeeet.

Shame they call it a summer heat event.. ..its farking freezing down here in Sydney!

Really look forward to the double XP stuff though and the PH leaderboard is going to be so interesting, in the sense I want to see what players can do with such a mediocre (yet good looking) mech.

#43 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 23 June 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

Shame they call it a summer heat event.. ..its farking freezing down here in Sydney!

Really look forward to the double XP stuff though and the PH leaderboard is going to be so interesting, in the sense I want to see what players can do with such a mediocre (yet good looking) mech.

LOL, people are just entirely looking at the PXH wrong. They keep trying to pass it off as a new humanoid blackjack. It's just a larger scout mech. Play it as a scout mech with more guns and you'll do fine in it. Play it like a face tanky Blackjack and you'll fail. Both the ECM versions are amazing and the 3S can be really interesting depending on how you want to tweak the weapons and how fast you really want to push it.

#44 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostAethermech, on 23 June 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

LOL, people are just entirely looking at the PXH wrong. They keep trying to pass it off as a new humanoid blackjack. It's just a larger scout mech. Play it as a scout mech with more guns and you'll do fine in it. Play it like a face tanky Blackjack and you'll fail. Both the ECM versions are amazing and the 3S can be really interesting depending on how you want to tweak the weapons and how fast you really want to push it.

Yeah, versions I have seen that have been effective have utilised the ECM, speed and long range abilities. As a brawler it is less than average.

#45 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 June 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Hahahaha.

"If I can't have it all, then I don't want any of it."

Have fun devoting your weekend to other age-appropriate games, and don't forget your juicebox and crackers.

You're missing the point, here; and you don't need to be childish over it. The point that I was aiming to make is the fact that when something is absurdly unachievable without a massive investment, it seriously dissuades people from wanting to participate in it (and the currently over 60% loss of steam players since January -their peak- shows that). However, if the goals of the event were more achievable then you'd have more people willing to participate.

For example, who in their right mind is going to spend $100 USD for 1 mech bay, a few cockpit items, and a few million c-bills? Spend 1/10th of that and get half a dozen mech bays.

View PostWintersdark, on 23 June 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

If there's a progress bar, I'm morally obligated to fill it. PGI knows this, and these events are entirely, 100% an evil plan to force me to buy lots of MC then convert all my spare XP to GXP. A cunning and evil plan!

Who can ignore a progress bar? It's impossible. Rage! Rage and pitchforks!

Funnily enough, if it's achievable, then people will be more interested in investing the real money needed to participate in it. If it's not achievable, and/or the "return for investment" is too low, then why bother? There is a psychological impact created when the "end goal" is outside a person's reach or is easily perceived is not worth the effort required to obtain it.

These events are, in fact, designed for PGI to try to make money by encouraging players to buy MC and convert XP. If it's not appealing, desirable, or achievable enough to encourage people to spend the money to achieve those event goals, then people just won't participate. It's not a matter of entitlement, it's a matter of business; and currently PGI is bloating the effort required to make the goal so much so that the investment isn't worth it and people aren't participating.

#46 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

A regular avalanche of an event, with sales on the Steam stuff with the Summer Sale. Sounds like a perfect invite-a-newbie event to me.

Edit

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 June 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Who died and made you Mech Pope?

Edited by The14th, 23 June 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#47 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

I mean I really do enjoy these events. Including this one. But there is a problem with the Leaderboard Competition in my opinion. Honestly I think you should have to opt in for 1 variant of the mech only. This would promote greater competition within each variant. Also it will give OTHER people a chance to win MC and other prizes. It's kind of tiring to see the same 10 people win Top 5 for every variant for every new mech! To me it just isn't fair to others. That is why I only played 1 variant for the Rifleman. I know some people will strongly disagree. But I think for the betterment of the game we need to not be "me me me" all the time. I'd hate to see people quit because they get frustrated (and not with PGI).

#48 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 June 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

<*laughs*> ... Dude, I might actually want to convert, but only if PGI made it honestly reasonable. Triple XP Conversion is what I would be waiting for on that count. Posted Image

However... "entitlement"? I don't feel any, personally speaking, unlike what you rudely assumed. I'm just simply giving my honest Pre-Event Review Opinions, attempting to push towards mental sanity. I do include mental pre-compensation for newbies that might stick around, if things aren't more uphill than a certain amount, when I do evaluate matters. Posted Image

Frankly, if PGI does have an event where I detect no problems, then there won't be a complaint in my review. Heck, they had the 'KMDD per day' previously set right after my input from several events, but now they've gone and slipped again. And I'm at least reasonably sure I've given at least one perfect Pre-Review before. But something tells me you either weren't around then, or you have completely missed it. It sounds to me like you need to backtrack the Announcements board a bit. Posted Image

Heck, DarthHias, you want to talk about "Entitlement"? This guy, 'ExoForce', fails the check...

...because unlike me, they actually WANT to push toward Quadruple XP Conversion. I already previously stated that this is something I will NOT push for, and I find it disturbing to my own senses. I'm sure PGI couldn't make better profits from Quadruple, unlike Triple, because I do look at sane limits.

~Mr. D. V. "I'm NOT the one you should be swinging at..." Devnull

Well, you might think I was being overly rude, but the problem is that this game has had that Double XP weekends for ages. And with them has always come double XP conversion. No one ever complained about it, because you can profit if you planned on converting anyways or just don´t do it.
Now PGI gives a bonus on top and the complaining starts. You don´t want to convert for double rate? Fine let it be. But you won´t get your triple conversion.

So to sum it up: It is already an improvement, and it´s an event with all the goals easily achievable; frankly those are the best types of events for newer players, with a little cherry on top for veterans and people who don´t want to grind out the GXP.
I hope you understand my point. Sorry that you got the whole broadside, but this forums have an ancient history of nitpicking about the events which, frankly, always give free stuff for just playing.
Concerning that other guy ExoForce: Yes I saw his post just after sending mine, he would have been the subject of my rant Posted Image

#49 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

@ Devnull

I am not poor like you. I gave lot of money to PGI. But I dont have so much time to grind.
Will not bring basic mechs to the competition to feed somebody!s ego trip. So I want better offer.
For my money.

Edited by ExoForce, 23 June 2016 - 10:59 PM.

#50 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

Never get it why you would want to use MC for converting XP into GXP...

Waste of money imho

#51 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

Ty pgi for another event, just want to add that bring the heat mean more something wiz girls and bikinis (or wizout Posted Image) for me, and im very desappointed cauz we have no hula girl to win

Edited by ulrin, 23 June 2016 - 11:52 PM.

#52 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:41 AM

Well, FW will be dead this weekend. Oh well, guess there is always Overwatch.

#53 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:03 AM

I call these Double-XP weekends "pilot your worst 'mech weekend". You see people piloting the the weirdest sh*t to finally get those elites/masters. It's actually pretty cool.

I for one will be breaking out my Vindicator 1X.

#54 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

Step 1: play as usual
Step 2: complete personal challenge in the process. Earn 1000 GXP and 100 MCs among other free stuff from the event.
Step 3: Convert 5.000 XP with your recently earned 100 MC.
Step 4: Earn an additional „Kodiak Claw Standing Item and x1 C-Bill Consumable Pack“ from conversion bonus.
Step 5: UNLIMITED PROFIT!

Step 6: Realize that you didn't do anything extra for it!

#55 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 23 June 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

You and me both with regards to the PH leader boards. If I see 4k or 5K scores, I'm really going to wonder just how top tier regulars can squeeze 6 most damage done, 3-4 solo kills, and 1000 damage out of the PH. My best round so far is 750 damage using ballistics and laser combos.

Edited by Quintus Verus, 24 June 2016 - 07:11 AM.

#56 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 24 June 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

You and me both with regards to the PH leader boards. If I see 4k or 5K scores, I'm really going to wonder just how top tier regulars can squeeze 6 most damage done, 3-4 solo kills, and 1000 damage out of the PH. My best round so far is 750 damage using ballistics and laser combos.

I play the 1K as a 45t Firestarter and it works pretty well... 8SPL and 127kph w/o speedtweak

#57 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 June 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

I play the 1K as a 45t Firestarter and it works pretty well... 8SPL and 127kph w/o speedtweak

^ I've said it before but man this things are amazing when used as a "light" mech. And they seem to be oddly durable even with most of the weapons in the arms and the ST spines. I've had a ton of fun in my 1B (that high mount erppc is sexy) and my 2. I can't wait to earn enough bills so i can slap an xl355 in my 3M and really push the speed barrier.

#58 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostYozzman, on 23 June 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Never get it why you would want to use MC for converting XP into GXP...

Waste of money imho

It goes along with converting MC to C-bills. Now you can use the in-game store to convert 4,000MC to 6.5 million c-bills, or during mech sales you can buy whatever the bargain mech is (during the january event and mech sale that the cicida champion was the top prize, one of the other cicida's was cheaper than its XL engine alone cost) using MC and sell for good c-bills. The Hero/Champion sale a couple weeks ago had the locust champ so cheap on MC that you were converting about 400MC into 1.9 million c-bills if you simply sold the mech with its contents right away. So 4,000MC could get you 19 MILLION c-bills instead of 6.5 million.

And during XP events like this one, 4000MC of converted mech xp to general xp (and those of us playing master skilled mechs have lots of mech xp we have no use for otherwise), which during double xp event math yields 200,000 converted for that amount of MC. Now that's only 2.2 million in direct C-bill rewards but you also get a kodiak warhorn (750MC value), 16 C-bill consumables packs (16 x 90,000 = 1,440,000 C-bills value), a Kodiak claw stander and hanging necklace (1250MC value). Maybe that's less C-bill value to you but to some players, who want the GXP to level up other mechs without having to grind them, its all a lot of icing on their cake.

And a lot of people suddenly got a thousand or so free MC as loot bag pulls during the event that just finished. That's enough to convert 50,000 XP, which gets you all the kodiak rewards and C-bill consumables.

Then there's the personal challenge prizes too... another warhorn, more cockpit decorations, another 8 C-bill packs (720,000 Cbills value), another 850,000 C-bills in direct currency, another 100MC, and a nice chunk of GXP bonus.

Edited by Dee Eight, 24 June 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#59 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hmmm...my stats are not updating. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

#60 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

nvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users